Author Topic: Zack Khan underwent surgery to repair two detached tendons in both knees  (Read 10781 times)

King Kagan

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.kaganyalaman.com
June 10, 2010

FLEXONLINE.COM
Rookie IFBB Pro League athlete Zack Khan was forced to postpone his debut once already this year. Now, Khan may have to push that debut further back than the FLEX Pro in February 2011.

Khan underwent surgery today, two days after completely detaching the tendons above his left and right knees. Khan suffered the injury while hack squatting. He was back in the gym just 10 days after undergoing surgery for a minor hernia, which was the reason Khan pushed his pro debut from the Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships on July 17 to the FLEX Pro on February 26, 2011.

"It was the first time Zack had trained legs in about eight weeks, actually," Khan's trainer/nutritionist Neil Hill said. "He had suffered a very small tear in his left hamstring about eight weeks ago. So all he had done the last couple weeks were some very light extensions."

We spoke with Khan before his surgery and received an e-mail from Hill informing us that the surgery was a success.

"I'm just looking forward to getting the operation
out of the way, then I'll start thinking about walking again and everything," Khan said yesterday. "I'm positive, I've spoken to doctors who said I'd be up and walking within six to eight weeks.

"This is just another obstacle. I've had many in my life and gotten through them all, so this is nothing. I'll be back soon."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
ahhh we may have another joel stubbs on our hands...  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
ahhh we may have another joel stubbs on our hands...  :-\
Thing is Joel Stubbs has competed and has a out of this world upper body. Khan, hasn't even gotten out the gates yet. What we might have here is lame horse, plain and simple.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
already said he wont do anything in pros like wolfe.  evan is on his way.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Bye Bye Zack...we hardly knew Ye

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Classic injury for the natural trainers.  :-\

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
That's a tough break for a young guy, at least Dorian was white

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Swede won't recover :'(

newmom

damn that sucks

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Swede won't recover :'(
Swede is self-flagegating himself in front of a Khan poster as we speak. He will then purposely slit his tendons in the exact place that Khan tore his, to exact the same pain on himself that Khan endured. Thus creating a spiritual and religious link to Khan that cannot be severed by mortal means.

lesaucer

hahahaha, two detached tendons in both knees at the same time while hack squatting??
lolll sounds more like somebody forgot to pay for his GH for a bunch of months........

newmom

lol

bam bam did you used to go to the aol bbing chat room years ago

newmom

aol? no, may I ask you why?

no reason, a regular from that room had a screen name named bam bam

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
His legs aren't his strong point.  This will be hard to recover from.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
He will never recover!

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
That's why you should never do hacks where the knees go over the feet ala sissy squats or anything close to it, and never break parallel..

Lurker79

• Getbig III
Hmm, we may have another JP Fux on our hands here. Obviously Zack's injury isn't as serious, but like JP was never the same after his squatting accident...

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
That's why you should never do hacks where the knees go over the feet ala sissy squats or anything close to it, and always break parallel..

Fixed.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Damn, quite possibly a career ending injury.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Classic injury for the natural trainers.  :-\

Actually just the opposite.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
I feel for your knees. :D

My knees love deep front squats, thank you.  8) Besides, why shouldn't we use the joint throughout all it's motion? It was designed to do just that...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
That's why you should never do hacks where the knees go over the feet ala sissy squats or anything close to it, and never break parallel..

Exactly..(except for the part about breaking parallel). You want to save your knees, parallel or below not above. 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Maybe his trainer Neil Hill has more details.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice

i agree,, hack squats just DONT feel right to me even with light weight it feels like my knees are about to blow out

let that be a another lesson to you idiots trying to impress eveyone with moving lots of weight for "short retard reps"........your gonna hurt yourself

like lee haney said..........."stimulate, dont annihilate"

and one more thing,,,,,zack khan is never, and was never going to be anything more then a supplement ad darling anyway....too many flaws