Author Topic: Obama's latest lie & outrage.  (Read 449 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama's latest lie & outrage.
« on: June 12, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »
Barack Obama Finds A Really Ridiculous Way Of Blaming Congress For The BP Mess
www.businessinsider.com

Joe Weisenthal | Jun. 12, 2010, 7:09 AM | 1,078 |  35

________________________ ________________________ _

Obama is set to pawn off part of the blame for the BP disaster onto Congress.

In an interview with POLITICO's Roger Simon -- which will be published in its entirety Sunday -- The President says:

“I think it’s fair to say, if six months ago, before this spill had happened, I had gone up to Congress and I had said we need to crack down a lot harder on oil companies and we need to spend more money on technology to respond in case of a catastrophic spill, there are folks up there, who will not be named, who would have said this is classic, big-government overregulation and wasteful spending.”

This is absurd since first of all, he didn't go to the Hill, so right of the bat it's purely hypothetical. But beyond that, Obama's White House made the call to open some offshore drilling, a move that didn't require anything from Congress, and he did so amidst the backdrop of well-known incompetence at the Minerals Management Service, the agency tasked with regulating offshore drilling.

That's not directly tied to BP obviously, but it does suggest his mindset was probably more in line with the anti-regulators than he'd like to admit.

Obviously he's taking a beating on this disaster, and to a significant extent that may be totally unfair, but his reasoning and (perhaps) new approach is absurd.

Tags: Barack Obama, Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-finds-a-really-ridiculous-way-of-blaming-congress-for-the-bp-mess-2010-6#ixzz0qgppVW6W

________________________ __________

Not to mention the fact that pofs has a veto proof majority for at least a year and did nothing. 

So you stupid morons on this site who still support and follow this admn, have fun going over the cliff fools. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama's latest lie & outrage.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 06:11:15 PM »
he's playing CYA now.  Of course everyone knows this.

Still, I think your approach is flawed.  Obama didn't win all the moderates by calling them morons for being Bush supporters.  No, he was very welcoming to them.  He didn't call them morons or idiot neocons.  He called them fellow citizens.  He treated them with respect.

it will be the 2012 candidate that DOES NOT scream "moron idiot communist POFS lib!" and every Obama voter who will defeat the others and win the nomination, and maybe beat him.

need proof?  See 2008.  Rudy and Romney would have whooped Obama/Biden in 2008.  But they didn't get out of the primary thanks to their venemous treatment of liberals.  mccain sat there dignified while they screamed at each other.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 06:11:49 PM »
 good post from the site.  Unlike Blacken, i wont take this for my own and plagiarize.  
________________________ __

Makes sense. Given that Obama is endlessly pointing fingers of blame at targets of opportunity, but never assumes responsibility himself.

I didn't know the Mineral Management Service, a part of the Department of Interior of the Executive Branch (the President's Branch of Government) was notoriously incompetent. This President believes Government does things better, more fairly, and more efficiently, than greedy evil business people.

So other than blaming others for the Gulf oil Volcano, and the never ending recession, and the budget deficits that are 4X higher than under Bush, what are the President's positive change?

1. Health care reform that massively increases Federal regulations, increases coverage (if you can get it from the bankrupt states), and lets the IRS fine you if you don't purchase health insurance. It will dramatically increase costs.

2. Financial reform. Honestly I don't know what this is supposed to do.

3. The 780 billion dollar stimulus bill was his first urgent goal. Many feel it was little more than a gift of money to Democratic friends and supporters. Probably the best money spent was given to the states so they could avoid catastrophic budget crises (they face those this year and next).

4. Cap and Trade energy taxes to reduce global warming. You've got to be kidding. In the middle of a global depression you want to raise the cost of energy?

5. Allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire. You've got to be kidding. In the middle of a global depression you want to raise taxes on the 50% of people who actually make enough money to pay them?

6. Anytime you make it more expensive for a business to operate through taxes or unionization or regulations those costs are simply passed through to the people as higher prices. Duh.

7. Remember when the minimum wage went up a couple years ago. Guess what? Now entry level jobs for teenagers are almost impossible to find. Because companies are hiring one person when they would have hired two. Raising mandatory costs like wages and benefits for businesses means they will hire less. Duh. Jobs do more than pay people. They teach people the value of work and give them something to do other than watch TV and do drugs. Its very damaging to the society as a whole to have such huge numbers of unemployed teenagers and twenty somethings.

How's that hope and change working out for you?

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-finds-a-really-ridiculous-way-of-blaming-congress-for-the-bp-mess-2010-6#ixzz0qguANAtI

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »

ObaMao on Jun 12, 10:38 AM said: @Lawrence:
All smoke and mirror...

Gee - Didn't OBozo took ownership of the pathetic responses to the BP oil geyser right before his Memorial day vacation press conference? It’s a little late now to start putting distance between BP and the OBozo administration especially in the present tense, when everyone now expects the federal government to run the show.

So now what? Use Joker Holder to launch criminal investigations?

BTW - I thought Holder was about to be canned over his quixotic attempts to bring 9/11 trials to NY City?

Series of HOAX we can believe in.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-finds-a-really-ridiculous-way-of-blaming-congress-for-the-bp-mess-2010-6#ixzz0qgwHBwE1

________________________ _-

This guys posts on business insider are dead on. 

FUBO and everyone who kneepads for you!!!!!!!!!!1

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:38:37 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA

Obama Tells Graduating Class, 'Don't Make Excuses,'

The king of blaming Bush and any body else telling people ^^^

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/08/obama-tells-graduating-class-dont-make-excuses-drawing-gop-taunt/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 06:46:48 AM »
What am embarassment this admn is. 

Obama is pulling the Janet Reno routine "I take full responsibility" and then proceed to blame everyone else. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:01:19 PM »
What am embarassment this admn is. 

Obama is pulling the Janet Reno routine "I take full responsibility" and then proceed to blame everyone else. 

His entire goddamn campaign was a "Blame Bush" fest and now he's spewing this shit. 

FUBO

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »
good post from the site.  Unlike Blacken, i wont take this for my own and plagiarize.  
________________________ __

Makes sense. Given that Obama is endlessly pointing fingers of blame at targets of opportunity, but never assumes responsibility himself.

I didn't know the Mineral Management Service, a part of the Department of Interior of the Executive Branch (the President's Branch of Government) was notoriously incompetent. This President believes Government does things better, more fairly, and more efficiently, than greedy evil business people.

So other than blaming others for the Gulf oil Volcano, and the never ending recession, and the budget deficits that are 4X higher than under Bush, what are the President's positive change?

1. Health care reform that massively increases Federal regulations, increases coverage (if you can get it from the bankrupt states), and lets the IRS fine you if you don't purchase health insurance. It will dramatically increase costs.

2. Financial reform. Honestly I don't know what this is supposed to do.

3. The 780 billion dollar stimulus bill was his first urgent goal. Many feel it was little more than a gift of money to Democratic friends and supporters. Probably the best money spent was given to the states so they could avoid catastrophic budget crises (they face those this year and next).

4. Cap and Trade energy taxes to reduce global warming. You've got to be kidding. In the middle of a global depression you want to raise the cost of energy?

5. Allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire. You've got to be kidding. In the middle of a global depression you want to raise taxes on the 50% of people who actually make enough money to pay them?

6. Anytime you make it more expensive for a business to operate through taxes or unionization or regulations those costs are simply passed through to the people as higher prices. Duh.

7. Remember when the minimum wage went up a couple years ago. Guess what? Now entry level jobs for teenagers are almost impossible to find. Because companies are hiring one person when they would have hired two. Raising mandatory costs like wages and benefits for businesses means they will hire less. Duh. Jobs do more than pay people. They teach people the value of work and give them something to do other than watch TV and do drugs. Its very damaging to the society as a whole to have such huge numbers of unemployed teenagers and twenty somethings.

How's that hope and change working out for you?

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-obama-finds-a-really-ridiculous-way-of-blaming-congress-for-the-bp-mess-2010-6#ixzz0qguANAtI

Well said.