Author Topic: So Far Kinect looks like SHIT (Project Natal)  (Read 6516 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
So Far Kinect looks like SHIT (Project Natal)
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:53:17 PM »
I watched the E3 Conference on Kinect (Project Natal) and I am not sold yet on it.  Discuss

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: So Far Kinect looks like SHIT (Project Natal)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:01:20 PM »
I watched the E3 Conference on Kinect (Project Natal) and I am not sold yet on it.  Discuss
its just a game not rocket science why would you sit through a conference
p

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
I watched all of it as as well..A simple UI for control "simple" games what more did you expect? you shake your hands and the infrared camera interprets your signals.

I can see this taking off for virtual malls, the segment where the guy interact with the car shows potential for 3D virtual shopping.  Also I see the potential for some really incredible "adult" games.

Also for kids the Kinect Animal games looks like a winner.  Think of as Wii 3.0

I

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »

I think it will be the next generation of training and I can't wait to see EA Active 2.  I've been using EA Active for the WII for a while and it works great.  Not having to hold the controllers will allow for greater things
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 04:41:32 PM »

I think it will be the next generation of training and I can't wait to see EA Active 2.  I've been using EA Active for the WII for a while and it works great.  Not having to hold the controllers will allow for greater things
I have to see more games and ideas implemented rather than stupid pattern seeking colored Ball Japanese Flavored games and pointless Cardio games.

If I did Cardio, I would rather do it outside versus running or jumping in place like a fool.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »
I have to see more games and ideas implemented rather than stupid pattern seeking colored Ball Japanese Flavored games and pointless Cardio games.

If I did Cardio, I would rather do it outside versus running or jumping in place like a fool.

I agree.  But it will be a great way to get people up off the coach and exercise.  Not only that, you can use free weights with the newer programs.

Its not perfect, but its better than that Dance Dance Revolution shit
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »

I agree.  But it will be a great way to get people up off the coach and exercise.  Not only that, you can use free weights with the newer programs.

How would you see the screen whilst doing a Heavy Bench Press and why would you need to?  Same if you are doing Heavy Squats?  Why?

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 12:47:55 AM »
How would you see the screen whilst doing a Heavy Bench Press and why would you need to?  Same if you are doing Heavy Squats?  Why?

Think more along the lines of an 8-15+yr old who sits around all summer or something like a stay at home mom.  These can help the AVERAGE JOE get in shape and there is a market for that right now (wii fit).

I know some pretty attractive girls from the gym, who about 2 fridays a month, will all go to one girls house and they drink wine and play wii fit for hours and hours.  Freakin odd as hell and counter productive but they have been doing it for over a year now, and are addicted.
Wait for it....

dustin

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 01:02:11 AM »
Microsoft knows its outdated simpleton shit and hope to market it correctly. No word on the price yet, watch them announce an exorbitant price point and try pulling the wool over everyones eyes.

Nintendo marketed the Wii beautifully. Its not my cup of tea but the pick up and play + replay value are exceptional. It is what it is and its accessible to an untapped market. Nintendo knows their consumers and while sales aren't staggering I'd say its a success.

Greedy, dirty Microsoft. Glad I traded mine in for a PS3. I resent Sony much more than Microsoft but they have an amazing platform and alone third party support to keep their flagship product ahead of the competition by leaps and bounds.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 01:58:01 AM »
I just use my PS3 to watch Blu-ray movies on, doesn't get much game play except when a few good titles came out, like MGS4.  I'm more happy about the updated Xbox system without that huge donky ass power supply, 250gb HD, and built in WiFi.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 02:02:24 AM »
Disclaimer: I don't own or play video games, and never will.

I think Kinect (or at least the technology behind it) will be very popular, but not necessarily for gaming. The lag is too great, the resolution not high enough. What it could do very well, is be a virtual teaching tool. Some examples:

virtual yoga (it recognises speed, posture, balance)
virtual martial arts teacher (especially when learning kata)
rehabilitation (relearning stroke victims to walk, etc.)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 02:20:04 AM »
It's only going to get better, in 10 years we will be interactively playing within games like the movie Avatar, you will see.. this is where the future is heading, that is the future.

I wish the next call of duty had a gun controller for shooting! that would rock
lock and acquisition with the ps3 controller just isn't realistic or fast enough.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 03:16:24 AM »
It's funny but the game's of the 80's excelled because of their graphic simplicity, designers had to make interesting games people  wanted to actually play, now that the graphics are almost movie perfect the developers don't give half as much attention to the story, which is sad. :S

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 05:20:25 AM »
How would you see the screen whilst doing a Heavy Bench Press and why would you need to?  Same if you are doing Heavy Squats?  Why?

As a guide on proper technique.  Honestly, its nice to have something coming out that will be geared for bodybuilders
A

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 05:25:28 AM »
Microsoft knows its outdated simpleton shit and hope to market it correctly. No word on the price yet, watch them announce an exorbitant price point and try pulling the wool over everyones eyes.

Nintendo marketed the Wii beautifully. Its not my cup of tea but the pick up and play + replay value are exceptional. It is what it is and its accessible to an untapped market. Nintendo knows their consumers and while sales aren't staggering I'd say its a success.

Greedy, dirty Microsoft. Glad I traded mine in for a PS3. I resent Sony much more than Microsoft but they have an amazing platform and alone third party support to keep their flagship product ahead of the competition by leaps and bounds.

$149 for the Kinect..thank goodness that you traded in the PS3 for an Xbox because Sony is not greedy  ::)
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 05:33:43 AM »
I just use my PS3 to watch Blu-ray movies on, doesn't get much game play except when a few good titles came out, like MGS4.  I'm more happy about the updated Xbox system without that huge donky ass power supply, 250gb HD, and built in WiFi.

download Vuze formerly Azuerus ( http://www.vuze.com/ ) and intall on your computer. You an then download movies to heart desires using bittorent

but here is the best part..when you turn on your xbox it will pick up that you have vuze installed and list all of the movies that you have downloaded.  You will be then be able to watch the movies on your TV..No need to clutter your house with those expensive DVD/Blue Ray disc.  ;)

I have gig and gigs of movies that I have downloaded and not watched yet.

if you can get a movie called Mutant Chronicles.

I

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:36 AM »
The non-gaming aspects of Kinect are very interesting to me.  The games, not so much.  It would be too hard to play and not spill my bourbon if I had to move around like that.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »
kinect looks like crap but ps move looks awesome :D

E
E

dustin

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 10:21:20 PM »
$149 for the Kinect..thank goodness that you traded in the PS3 for an Xbox because Sony is not greedy  ::)

Watch that cocky little mouth. None of the abovementioned companies are saints but the PS3 fucking rocks the XBOX 360 and the Wii.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 02:13:34 AM »

This might put some personal trainers out of work...

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 10:26:49 AM »

NATAL = FAIL

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »
Watch that cocky little mouth. None of the abovementioned companies are saints but the PS3 fucking rocks the XBOX 360 and the Wii.

We should be able to discuss the systems without any fanboism of which system is better than which.   The numbers favor Microsoft and Nintendo by wide margins.

Either way, the non gaming functionality of Kinect (menu scrolling, on-off voice commands, Netflix, etc) are all positives for Kinect.  Kids will love it too.

Hardcore gamers will probably be meh on it.  The price point doesn't seem to be very high, so it will be pretty successful.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 10:51:31 AM »
We should be able to discuss the systems without any fanboism of which system is better than which.   The numbers favor Microsoft and Nintendo by wide margins.

i don't think it's a very wide margin considering the fact 360 was released a year earlier and had a more reasonable price until recently

http://www.amazon.com/tag/video%20games/forum?cdThread=TxXSWQIS31PPL9

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
i don't think it's a very wide margin considering the fact 360 was released a year earlier and had a more reasonable price until recently

http://www.amazon.com/tag/video%20games/forum?cdThread=TxXSWQIS31PPL9

E

Yes, the Xbox is only outselling the PS3 by less than 5 million units, despite being out a year earlier.  But those numbers have to be taken in context - they're incredibly skewed by the Japanese market.  Sony will always have ridiculous command there.   The Xbox is still beating despite missing out on a massive market that favors Japan entirely.  In other words, no matter what the quality of the systems, Sony will always have a massive presence.
Y

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »

nothing is good enough for you TA
TEAM Nasser