Author Topic: Climate bill could mean 540,000 new jobs per year  (Read 2988 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Climate bill could mean 540,000 new jobs per year
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »
You have to wonder why Republicans want to prevent these 540,000 good americans from having jobs.

WASHINGTON — New rules to cap US carbon emissions and promote clean energy could create as many as 540,000 US jobs a year, a green group claimed Tuesday, as the BP oil spill fueled debate over reform.

With the massive Gulf of Mexico slick pushing energy reform to the top of the US political agenda, ClimateWorks -- a climate lobby group -- said reforms could also help the struggling US economy.

Offering lawmakers the tantalizing prospect of curbing emissions while helping the economy, the report's authors said cutting 2005 emissions levels by 17 percent by 2020 would create or save 440,000 jobs a year.

The United States is still battling to escape from the grasp of a debilitating recession that has cost over eight million jobs and pushed the unemployment rate close to ten percent.

The report's authors said a cap and trade system would speed up the use of new technologies and spur an "increase in public and private capital investments that stimulate the economy

[move][move] ;D[/move][/move]

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Climate bill could mean 540,000 new jobs per year
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »
A fucking pro-climate bill lobby group is saying that these jobs will be created. Or did you expect people lobbying on behalf of it to say that it will take away 500,000 jobs?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »
 ::)  ::) 

Did you even read your article.  In other words, mcdonalds says its burgers taste good. 

Almost every other source says crap and tax will destroy jobs not create them. 

You were the same dope who also believed the stim bill would create 4 million jobs.  How did that work out for you? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »
I thought you were against this bill 240?

hmmmm what part of this dont you like?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 09:00:42 PM »
hhahahaha relax, tony.  Of course I'm against the bill.  But this is definitely how the left is spinning the repub and blue dog dem senate resistance to teh bill.

If you can't defeat this kind of thinking on getbig, you won't have the info handy when some dumb chick on a dinner date tells you "yeah, that's a lot of jobs cap/trade delivers, I read it somewhere..."

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:03:34 PM »
hhahahaha relax, tony.  Of course I'm against the bill.  But this is definitely how the left is spinning the repub and blue dog dem senate resistance to teh bill.

If you can't defeat this kind of thinking on getbig, you won't have the info handy when some dumb chick on a dinner date tells you "yeah, that's a lot of jobs cap/trade delivers, I read it somewhere..."

How's Spain doing with their "green economy" initiative? On the verge of total economic collapse, you say? Thought so.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:04:39 PM »

is that why you act an ass 240 to prepare for dinner dates?  ::) ::) ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »
is that why you act an ass 240 to prepare for dinner dates?  ::) ::) ::)

I'm delivering up the Dem's currently strongest point in trying to sell crap/trade.  I'm looking for getbiggers to deliver 10 reasons why this is a load of shit.

instead of delivering me some reasons why this is false (as berserk and 333386 did), you just attacked the shit out of me.

Every 2 or 3 weeks, you attack me in 10 straight threads, I get annoyed and I leave politics for a few days cause it sucks, and I go debate elsewhere.  Is this what you'd like, Tony?  Do you not enjoy my threads?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
240 - THERE ARE TIMES i WANT TO KICK YOU IN THE ASS FOR SOME OF YOUR POSTS.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:13:23 PM »
240 - THERE ARE TIMES i WANT TO KICK YOU IN THE ASS FOR SOME OF YOUR POSTS.

33, would you like me to put a "feigning lousy opposition spin" tag on posts for those who don't detect my sarcasm?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »

I'm delivering up the Dem's currently strongest point in trying to sell crap/trade.  I'm looking for getbiggers to deliver 10 reasons why this is a load of shit.

instead of delivering me some reasons why this is false (as berserk and 333386 did), you just attacked the shit out of me.

Every 2 or 3 weeks, you attack me in 10 straight threads, I get annoyed and I leave politics for a few days cause it sucks, and I go debate elsewhere.  Is this what you'd like, Tony?  Do you not enjoy my threads?
dude you honestly deserve the shit you get, you whine like a little turd when called out on it but as you can ask most other posters and as Ive said youve earned your reputation on this board so dont bitch about getting called on it.  ::)

dude your threads of late are the quality of blacken or mons, you have the ability to be a good debater and engage in thoughtful conversations yet you continue to silverline and draw moral equivilancies to try and get under the skin of ppl  ::)

dude there are plenty of reasons this article is crap and you know them all so why post this shit?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
How's Spain doing with their "green economy" initiative? On the verge of total economic collapse, you say? Thought so.

BF - check this out

________________________ _____________-

Senator Kerry: Spain's failed green job program was an 'anomaly'
Washington Times Water Cooler ^ | 6-15-10 | Kerry Picket

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:44:55 PM by paltz

I asked Senator Kerry about Spain’s own failed experience in the area of subsidizing alternative energy, and the Massachusetts Senator's response sounded similar to someone saying Marxism or Stalinism never succeeded, because it was never implemented correctly.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 06:30:40 AM »
The problem with 240 is he thinks because dems say it,Americans will believe it.He guaranteed that once health care passed the magic of Obama would convince Americans its great.They hate it and the same number want it repealed.Here we have an oil spill,Obama is railing against,the majority of Americans polled want MORE oil drilling.So now we have cap and trade and the claims it will create jobs.Once again Americans wont fall for it.Obama has no magic left,Americans see right through him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 06:41:34 AM »
240 watches way too much MSNBC. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 06:46:12 AM »
RASMUSSEN Reports at 9:30AM ET:

Obama Approval Falls to New Low: 42%
Obama Approval Index: -20
Strongly Approve 24%
Strongly Disapprove 44%
Total Approval 42%

Developing...

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »
You have to wonder why Republicans want to prevent these 540,000 good americans from having jobs.

WASHINGTON — New rules to cap US carbon emissions and promote clean energy could create as many as 540,000 US jobs a year, a green group claimed Tuesday, as the BP oil spill fueled debate over reform.

With the massive Gulf of Mexico slick pushing energy reform to the top of the US political agenda, ClimateWorks -- a climate lobby group -- said reforms could also help the struggling US economy.
Offering lawmakers the tantalizing prospect of curbing emissions while helping the economy, the report's authors said cutting 2005 emissions levels by 17 percent by 2020 would create or save 440,000 jobs a year.

The United States is still battling to escape from the grasp of a debilitating recession that has cost over eight million jobs and pushed the unemployment rate close to ten percent.

The report's authors said a cap and trade system would speed up the use of new technologies and spur an "increase in public and private capital investments that stimulate the economy

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 06:50:30 AM »
Absolutely pathetic. Take a look at who is pushing this, why and what they aren't saying.

1.)Climate Lobby Groups
2.)"Save or Create"
3.)Cap and Trade
4.)A "Green Group" said...
5.)And a ton of "could" being used through-out.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 06:53:46 AM »

our gas pumps at our station cost us around 4 times as much to comply with new epa standards...
the cost versus benefit??

well they r a mere 5% more effecient at sucking back gas vapour...

so u r taking $ from us to give to some douche (creating jobs) to make more effecient gas pumps ::)   .....with a huge enviromental lobby behind him...

someone sure is making millions off of this .......this is ''feed the poor children bullshit all ova again
carpe` vaginum!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 10:00:27 AM »
It will make a ton of people rich and richer. Just not anyone in the middle or lower class. It will be a giant wealth sucking machine from our pockets and our future to the elite class.

Just look at Spain and what it did for them.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 10:05:57 AM »
Why Republicans want to not allow these jobs?? Because the fan blades to the windmills are made in CHINA. Some 20k jobs to build the wind farms on the east coast are being farmed themselves to foriegn countries.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 10:09:12 AM »
I don't know if this estimate holds much weight.  You have to take into account the loss of jobs from current facilities that will struggle to meet a cap and need to buy credits to offset their loss.  They could either pass it on to consumers or reduce output to meet cap levels or maybe a mixture of the two.  That could lead to job losses in those facilities but it could lead to job creation because they will need people who have knowledge of greener tech to come in and help reduce their expenditure on credits.

My personal position is it will create a net effect on jobs in the energy sector, but overall i'm not sure how businesses will react to higher energy costs, at least until we have enough alternative sources online (nuclear, wind etc) to reduce prices back to lower levels.  They could lay off staff, or find more efficient ways of doing business.  Much like interface has done under Ray Anderson.  
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »
I don't know if this estimate holds much weight.  You have to take into account the loss of jobs from current facilities that will struggle to meet a cap and need to buy credits to offset their loss.  They could either pass it on to consumers or reduce output to meet cap levels or maybe a mixture of the two.  That could lead to job losses in those facilities but it could lead to job creation because they will need people who have knowledge of greener tech to come in and help reduce their expenditure on credits.

My personal position is it will create a net effect on jobs in the energy sector, but overall i'm not sure how businesses will react to higher energy costs, at least until we have enough alternative sources online (nuclear, wind etc) to reduce prices back to lower levels.  They could lay off staff, or find more efficient ways of doing business.  Much like interface has done under Ray Anderson.  

KC is that you?   ;D  ;D

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »
KC is that you?   ;D  ;D

I, i, don't know  ???
Abandon every hope...