Author Topic: Moms' full-time work tied to childhood obesity  (Read 8796 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Moms' full-time work tied to childhood obesity
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 06:05:12 AM »
Thanks Princess!  I did not know about that one.  I don't know if I can stomach another movie based on this case.  Watching movies like this are not so bad if it's fiction and I know it.  But when a horror movie like this is based on real life events, it is very disturbing to me.
Life is scary nowdays.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 08:06:56 AM »
Life is scary nowdays.
It has certainly changed for the worse. Its all about street smarts now and if one doesn't have them, one parishes.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2010, 10:36:34 AM »
There are 23 "chapters" in this "story".  It tells the entire history of the case.
Very disturbing  :'(

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/likens/1.html

Actually, I'm quite ill right now after reading that whole story.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch the movie  :'(

Watched it last night  :-\  Knowing the real story now, this movie was very loosely based on it.  IMO it wasn't all that well done (character development, etc.).  I will rent the other one too.  I think it follows the real story more accurately and Ellen Page is such a good actress, I'm sure it's well done.  I did read regardless of either depiction, it's only a fraction of what that poor girl endured.  Horrendous 

That woman was one F'd up bitch and those kids involved must've grown up really F'd up too.
>:(
: