Author Topic: With All Of This Failure.. I Still Don't Get That Warm and Fuzzy..  (Read 2548 times)

12secGT

• Getbig III
The democrats are basically handing the republicans, if not tea party repubs, the election in 2011 and in 2012. I mean, can it get any worse for Obama??

1) N Korea:
2) Iran:
3) European bailout:
4) Healthcare debacle:
5) Lack of leadership:
6) Trials for terrorists:
7) Cap and Tax:
8) Bailouts of banks:
9) Stim package:
10) Unemployment above 10% (Stop with the nonsense it is below 9% cus it is actually at 16%)

And I didn't even get to the disaster in the Gulf!!!

But with all this said... and believe me, I am NOT NOT gloating here. Or happy. We are all getting screwed and for the most part smart conservatives said this guy was bad news two years ago. But, in order to get our cuntry back, and on the right track, means the republican party will have to take charge. This, my friend, is where I get a little scared. I am not sure we have it in our party. At this time, I don't know who will be our representitive. The Tea Party is crafty at propping up good people. But can or should we rely on these people who to some extent are not experienced either?? Some on the left said that Obama couldn't be worse than Bush. I say; Oh really?? Sure about that?? So I don't want to play that game.

I just hope we can find the right mix of conservative "Constitutional" thinkers who will get the hell outta the way of companies, give us back more of our money, and stop trying to fix everything...

Stay tuned I guess...  :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: With All Of This Failure.. I Still Don't Get That Warm and Fuzzy..
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »
KSM Trials in NYC

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »
KSM Trials in NYC

Covered in #6  ;D

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »
none of what was listed matters too much cause the lamestream media doesnt cover it, and we know that there are only a handful of people that take it upon themselves to find out the actual facts and put things together.
down with hussein

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »
The democrats are basically handing the republicans, if not tea party repubs, the election in 2011 and in 2012. I mean, can it get any worse for Obama??

1) N Korea:
2) Iran:
3) European bailout:
4) Healthcare debacle:
5) Lack of leadership:
6) Trials for terrorists:
7) Cap and Tax:
8) Bailouts of banks:
9) Stim package:
10) Unemployment above 10% (Stop with the nonsense it is below 9% cus it is actually at 16%)

And I didn't even get to the disaster in the Gulf!!!

But with all this said... and believe me, I am NOT NOT gloating here. Or happy. We are all getting screwed and for the most part smart conservatives said this guy was bad news two years ago. But, in order to get our cuntry back, and on the right track, means the republican party will have to take charge. This, my friend, is where I get a little scared. I am not sure we have it in our party. At this time, I don't know who will be our representitive. The Tea Party is crafty at propping up good people. But can or should we rely on these people who to some extent are not experienced either?? Some on the left said that Obama couldn't be worse than Bush. I say; Oh really?? Sure about that?? So I don't want to play that game.

I just hope we can find the right mix of conservative "Constitutional" thinkers who will get the hell outta the way of companies, give us back more of our money, and stop trying to fix everything...

Stay tuned I guess...  :-\

What would YOU in that case....invade them?? ::)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 12:40:21 PM »
No but it would be nice to stop making empty threats. I mean seriously  how many times has obama condemmed iran?  ???  But thats it  just talk!!!  Iran is laughing their asses of at us, and they know that obama isnt going to do anything ,which is why they continue to do whatever the fuck they please
down with hussein

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 12:46:18 PM »
No but it would be nice to stop making empty threats. I mean seriously  how many times has obama condemmed iran?  ???  But thats it  just talk!!!  Iran is laughing their asses of at us, and they know that obama isnt going to do anything ,which is why they continue to do whatever the fuck they please

Yes it would nice to make them stop making empty threats. Question is how? The international community is imposing sanctions on them ...what else could be done? I'm as serious as I can be about this...Same with NK.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 12:51:45 PM »
well for starters iran doesnt listen to the u.n.  so we need to stop going through the u.n. ( plus that would save us a shit load if we didnt pay the u.n. what we do) . 
down with hussein

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »
then obama needs to stop pissing off all of our allies, then have every country that is our allie and ourselves completly cut off all import/ export with iran   100% even the humanitarian shit they recieve via the u.n. via other countries
down with hussein

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »
 ::)

Sanctions? I have posted a few articles on this board about how utterly meaningless and worthless these so called sanctions are. China, Russia and the rest of our "allies" that have business interests with Iran bargained the impotent Obama administration into giving up virtually any teeth sanctions might have. These are sanctions in name only, and do absolutely jack shit to prevent Iran from developing Nuclear weapons.

I'll post the daily news article again. You guys need to wake up. As atrocious as Obama has been on domestic policy, his foreign policy since taking office has made GW Bush look like a cross between Winston Churchill and the Dalai Lama.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
well for starters iran doesnt listen to the u.n.  so we need to stop going through the u.n. ( plus that would save us a shit load if we didnt pay the u.n. what we do) . 
Still that doesn't answer my question. Personally without UN I think we have even less power of persuasion. Is there any option out there, I don't see it. I'm pretty sure u probably agree a third war wouldn't be a very smart option at this time.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »

Unilateral support is needed.  The US can not go it alone here.  This isn't like Iraq, an invasion of Iran would be a massive costly endeavor and likely not succeed long term anyway.  Until Russia and China get on board and stop supplying trade to and from Iran there is nothing any President can do other than talk.  It sucks but it's the truth.  Any one that tells you different is lying to themselves.  
Abandon every hope...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
The myth of Iran's 'isolation': Obama's weakness has enabled Ahmadinejad's defiance
Charles Krauthammer

Friday, June 11th 2010, 4:00 AM

In announcing the passage of a UN Security Council resolution imposing sanctions on Iran, President Obama stressed not once but twice Iran's increasing "isolation" from the world. This claim is not surprising considering that after 16 months of an "extended hand" policy, in response to which Iran actually accelerated its nuclear program - more centrifuges, more enrichment sites, higher enrichment levels - Iranian "isolation" is about the only achievement to which the administration can even plausibly lay claim.

"Isolation" may have failed to deflect Iran's nuclear ambitions, but it does enjoy incessant repetition by the administration. For example, in his State of the Union address, President Obama declared that "the Islamic Republic of Iran is more isolated." Two months later, Vice President Biden asserted that "since our administration has come to power, I would point out that Iran is more isolated - internally, externally - has fewer friends in the world." At the signing of the START treaty in April, Obama declared that "those nations that refuse to meet their obligations (to the Non-Proliferation Treaty, i.e., Iran) will be isolated."

Really? On Tuesday, one day before the President touted passage of a surpassingly weak UN resolution and declared Iran yet more isolated, the leaders of Russia, Turkey and Iran gathered at a security summit in Istanbul "in a display of regional power that appeared to be calculated to test the United States," as The New York Times put it. I would add: And calculated to demonstrate the hollowness of U.S. claims of Iranian isolation, to flaunt Iran's growing ties with Russia and quasi-alliance with Turkey, a NATO member no less.

Apart from the fact that isolation is hardly an end in itself and is pointless if, regardless, Iran rushes headlong to become a nuclear power, the very claim of Iran's increasing isolation is increasingly implausible. Just last month, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad hosted an ostentatious love fest in Tehran with the leaders of Turkey and Brazil. The three raised hands together and announced a uranium transfer deal that was designed to torpedo U.S. attempts to impose UN sanctions.

Six weeks ago, Iran was elected to the UN Commission on the Status of Women, a grotesque choice that mocked Obama's attempt to isolate and delegitimize Iran in the very international institutions he treasures.

Increasing isolation? In the last year alone, Ahmadinejad (above) has been welcomed in Kabul, Istanbul, Copenhagen, Caracas, Brasilia, La Paz, Senegal and Gambia. Today, he is in China.

Three Iran sanctions resolutions passed in the Bush years. They were all passed without a single "no" vote. But after 16 months of laboring to produce a mouse, Obama garnered only 12 votes for his sorry sanctions, with Lebanon abstaining and Turkey and Brazil voting no.

From the beginning, the Obama strategy toward Iran and other rogue states had been to offer good will and concessions on the premise that this would lead to one of two outcomes: (a) the other side changes policy, or (b) if they don't, the world isolates the offending state and rallies around us - now that we have demonstrated last-mile good intentions.

Hence, nearly a year and a half of peace overtures, negotiation, concessions, two New Year's messages to the Iranian people, a bit of groveling about U.S. involvement in the 1953 coup and a disgraceful silence when the regime's very stability was threatened by peaceful demonstrators.

Iran's response? Defiance, contempt and an acceleration of its nuclear program.

And the world's response? Did it rally behind us? The Russians and Chinese bargained furiously and successfully to hollow out the sanctions resolution. Turkey is openly choosing sides with the region's "strong horse" - Iran and its clients (Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas) - as it watches the United States flailingly try to placate Syria and appease Iran while it pressures Israel, neglects Lebanon and draws down its power in the region.

To say nothing of Brazil. Et tu, Lula?

This comes after 16 months of assiduously courting these powers with one conciliatory gesture after another: "resetting" relations with Russia, kowtowing to China, lavishing a two-day visit on Turkey highlighted by a speech to the Turkish parliament in Ankara, and elevating Brazil by supplanting the G-8 with the G-20. All this has been read as American weakness, evidence that Obama can be rolled.

The result is succinctly, if understatedly, captured in Wednesday's Washington Post headline "U.S. alliance against Iran is showing new signs of vulnerability."

You think?

letters@charleskrauthammer.com

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »
none of what was listed matters too much cause the lamestream media doesnt cover it, and we know that there are only a handful of people that take it upon themselves to find out the actual facts and put things together.
Yeah. But the general pop is getting fustrated. If the UE rate wasn't soo high then I think the unreporting would make a bigger impact. But people don't have jobs. This pres. promised jobs by August of 2009. It's fast approaching August of 2010 and the rate is at a real 16%. Real pain and people see the BS this pres is spewing.

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »
What would YOU in that case....invade them?? ::)
Good question Danny. I dunno what to do. But again, I'm not the president. We elect those to make these hard choices for us. But the "plan" this president had or has for Iran has NOT worked. Amad. basically flipped us off. Obama's appology tour did not work. So, to answer you, maybe surgical strikes on nuke plants?? Hell if we don't I know another country who will...

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »
yea lol  wait and see the u.e.  when all the census people are outa work lol  that will wake some more people up
down with hussein

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 01:21:16 PM »
Yes it would nice to make them stop making empty threats. Question is how? The international community is imposing sanctions on them ...what else could be done? I'm as serious as I can be about this...Same with NK.
So you are saying the UN is known as the Useless Nations?? Where is their clout here? Or are they secretly hoping they blow up Israel? I mean, they quickly condem them whenever Israel defends themselves and makes excuses or is silent whenever a muslim state blows stuff up in the name of that rediculous religion. The UN's position on Israel is no secret. Koffi was highly anti - jew.
The bottom line is, if the UN or EU can't do anything, then you may have to use military options. What would be worse?? Bomb Iran surgically, or wait until you REALLY can't do anything because they have nukes?

12secGT

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:22 PM »
Unilateral support is needed.  The US can not go it alone here.  This isn't like Iraq, an invasion of Iran would be a massive costly endeavor and likely not succeed long term anyway.  Until Russia and China get on board and stop supplying trade to and from Iran there is nothing any President can do other than talk.  It sucks but it's the truth.  Any one that tells you different is lying to themselves.  
Again, correct. But again, I thought this is what the UN was for??

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »
u.n. is a joke , i mean hell they let iran sit on the u.n. board of womens rights,  that says enough about the u.n
down with hussein