Author Topic: SC Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results  (Read 551 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
They've got a mess on their hands. 

SC Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results
Published June 17, 2010
FOXNews.com

South Carolina's Democrats are poised to decide whether to overturn the results of the primary election that saw Alvin Greene, an unemployed military veteran, win the nomination for U.S. Senate.

The state party's executive committee is meeting Thursday in Columbia to hear a protest by former state lawmaker Vic Rawl, whom Greene defeated in the June 8 primary.

Rawl has said malfunctions in voting machines or software may have caused him to lose race. He said voters have told him they meant to vote for him but saw Greene's name on their screens instead.

The executive committee could uphold the election, order a new primary or find that problems were so significant that Rawl should be declared the winner.

So far no evidence of tampering or voting abnormalities have been determined and South Carolina's Board of Elections told FoxNews.com it has no plans to investigate the vote.

Greene, who managed to win 59 percent of the vote, raised no funds and did no campaigning, baffling leaders of the South Carolina Democratic Party.

"It's very suspicious," South Carolina Democratic Party Communications Director Keina Page said in an interview last week.

U.S. House Majority Whip James Clyburn, D-S.C., meanwhile, has called Greene a "plant" and has demanded an investigation into his candidacy.

Greene's father first told Fox News that his son would not be attending Thursday's state party's meeting but then said "maybe" he would show up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/17/sc-democratic-party-considers-overturning-alvin-greene-election-results/

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
They didn't overturn Bush in 2000... They better let this shit stand.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
If by "they" you mean the U.S. Supreme Court, I don't think it gets that far. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
the CNN anchor asked Greene if he was "alright".

Greene was so out of it.  I think he's seriously sub-85 IQ.  Did zero campaigning and got more votes than possible.  yep, nothing wrong with that picture ;)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
some of you guys are absolutely unbelievable. The guys is seriously obviously messed up in the head, to begin with. Add voting irregularities to that and you can't ignore something fishy is going on.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

tonymctones

• Getbig V
They didn't overturn Bush in 2000... They better let this shit stand.
what reason did they have to overturn it? they had recount after recount

Skip8282

• Getbig V
The Board of Elections can't seem to find any evidence of tampering or irregularities so the Dem's have a serious problem.  I agree with 240, this obviously doesn't pass the sniff test, but without evidence of tampering or him being a plant or whatever, what can they do?  They need a really good investigative reporter to crack this one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The Dems in SC are probably mostly blacks and they simply went for the black guy.  Simple as that. 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
what reason did they have to overturn it? they had recount after recount
I agree.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The Dems in SC are probably mostly blacks and they simply went for the black guy.  Simple as that.  

A guest on the Michael Savage shows put it best on Wednesday. The liberals think they're so much smarter and sophisicated than their conservative counterparts. Dems think they're so enlightened and the Republicans are so stupid. They love to take potshots at people like Sarah Palin, calling her dumb, and painting supporters of her and other GOPers as hicks, rednecks, and idiots.

Therefore, the fact that THEIR people would vote for Greene and put him over the top in the primary race in S. Carolina kicks their egos right in the nuts. The Dems voted for the "not-the-sharpest-knife-in-the-drawer" fellow.

And, in typical fashion, the left is looking to blame someone else for this most-embarrasing development, on their end.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
The Dems in SC are probably mostly blacks and they simply went for the black guy.  Simple as that. 

That's usually how it goes here.  Stereotypically speaking of course. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
That's usually how it goes here.  Stereotypically speaking of course. 

I know and idiots on this board can call me names, etc etc.  But the reality is that Blacks are lock step voters who vote RAT 95% no matter what.  And if the RAT is black, even better.