Author Topic: GOP Leadership: Barton Was 'Wrong' On BP Apology Spill Is A 'Natural disaster"  (Read 3102 times)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Are you fucking kidding me???????????????????? Some people in the GOP call this fuck up  a "natural disaster"  ??  :o

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/house-gop-leadership-barton-was-wrong-on-bp-apology----and-spill-is-a-natural-disaster.php?ref=fpblg

House Republican leadership has a strong message for Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX): You were wrong.

They also are rather strangely referring to the disastrous Gulf Coast oil spill as the "nation's largest natural disaster." (Emphasis added).

Barton apologized to BP this morning for the "tragedy" of its $20 billion fund to pay damage claims from the Gulf Coast oil spill. Barton has since apologized for apologizing to BP. Nonetheless, Reps. John Boehner (R-OH), Eric Cantor (R-VA), and Mike Pence (R-IN) released a joint statement this afternoon calling Barton's original statements "wrong."

"Congressman Barton's statements this morning were wrong.  BP itself has acknowledged that responsibility for the economic damages lies with them and has offered an initial pledge of $20 billion dollars for that purpose."

Here's the full statement:
"The oil spill in the Gulf is this nation's largest natural disaster and stopping the leak and cleaning up the region is our top priority.  Congressman Barton's statements this morning were wrong.  BP itself has acknowledged that responsibility for the economic damages lies with them and has offered an initial pledge of $20 billion dollars for that purpose.

The families and businesspeople in the Gulf region want leadership, accountability and action from BP and the Administration.  It is unacceptable that, 59  days after this crisis began, no solution is forthcoming.  Simply put, the American people want all of our resources, time and focus to be directed toward stopping the spill and cleaning up the mess."
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Does the wording really matter at this point? All that matters is that Obama's leadership has been non-existent for the last 59 days.

But hey, you keep arguing over the word before disaster while millions of gallons of oil continue to pour into the ocean.  ::)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Does the wording really matter at this point? All that matters is that Obama's leadership has been non-existent for the last 59 days.

But hey, you keep arguing over the word before disaster while millions of gallons of oil continue to pour into the ocean.  ::)

I think they need to call it what it is , a BP fuck up and yes they need to stop it somehow. Nobody knows how apparently and that's a fact.

Fury

• Getbig V
Obama is responsible for destroying the Gulf coast and the livelihoods of millions of American citizens. Meanwhile, you argue about wording. How desperate you are to deflect attention.  :-\

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Obama is responsible for destroying the Gulf coast and the livelihoods of millions of American citizens. Meanwhile, you argue about wording. How desperate you are to deflect attention.  :-\

Deflect attention? Jesus Christ....you really are something. Nobody's trying to deflect any attention from your paranoid delusional scenarios but if you think that and it makes you happy keep believing it who cares  ::) If you wanna blame Obama for destroying the Gulf even though BP DID it, be my guest I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. ;)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
BP is responsible for destroying the Gulf coast and the livelihoods of millions of American citizens. Meanwhile, you argue about wording. How desperate you are to deflect attention.  :-\
Fixed...this is the correct wording

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Fixed...this is the correct wording

NO, it's not!!! Obama dragged his heels, turning down asistance from other countries, that could have easily contained the oil just days after the explosion occured.

That whole Congress thing was a joke, a pitiful and ineffective attempt to cover for Obama's ineptitude.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Let's not hijack the thread. Is this a NATURAL disaster? YES or NO.

Mons Venus

A MAN MADE DISASTER beyond humans ability to troubleshoot.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

What the spill?  I have still not ruled out sabatoge in my mind. 

Mons Venus

What the spill?  I have still not ruled out sabatoge in my mind. 

Either way Racist its MAN MADE......not "natural"  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Either way Racist its MAN MADE......not "natural"  ::)

Sort of like this:

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Sort of like this:

338 ...NATURAL DISASTER ??  YES or NO.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
338 ...NATURAL DISASTER ??  YES or NO.

Again - the spill, the explosion? 

Do we know the actual cause yet? 

Of course its not a natural disaster. 

Its either negligence or sabotage.

Fury

• Getbig V
Obama could have fixed the regulations. If not BP, then someone else would've caused a spill sooner or later. Obama's lackadaisical approach to big oil (because he's in bed with them) is directly responsible for destroying the gulf coast and the livelihoods of millions of Americans. Hope those golfing trips were worth it!

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Oh jeez the stupidity on here.

Could he have handled it better?  Of course he could have, but the problem most of you have is perspective.  The last time i checked BP was responsible for the rig in question, and the government was responsible for overseeing the rig's safety.  and neither had a solution for the leak in question.  BOTH FAILED.  

By coming on here and battling it out with competing threads placing full blame on either party is beyond stupid.  
Abandon every hope...

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Again - the spill, the explosion?  

Do we know the actual cause yet?  

Of course its not a natural disaster.  

Its either negligence or sabotage.

Thank you, that's the subject of the thread.

Mons Venus

Obama could have fixed the regulations Bush/Cheney DE-REGULATIONS. If not BP, then someone else would've caused a spill sooner or later.

Fixed.

Fury

• Getbig V
Fixed.

Thank you for admitting that Obama is 100% responsible for this situation.  :-X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Thank you for admitting that Obama is 100% responsible for this situation.  :-X

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Its not a natural disaster,its a man made accident.Now,what do people want Obama to do?THE GOVERNMENT SUCKS AT EVERYTHING!Do you really want this little community organiser anywhere near the spill?I dont.He could fuck up a wet dream on a rainy night.He is a moron.

As far as Barton,he is right.Obama strong armed them,and now there is talk that Obama expects them to pay for the guys out of work down there because of the ban on drilling.Can you imagine that.These fools ban drilling and BP should pay the people Obama put out of work.Thats called thug politics.Thats why he is the THUGFATHER.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Billy:  did you see my post in the other thread thatt he oil czar is a connected guy who is only taking this on part time and invests heavily in the commodity trading racket ZERO wants for Carbon? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Billy:  did you see my post in the other thread thatt he oil czar is a connected guy who is only taking this on part time and invests heavily in the commodity trading racket ZERO wants for Carbon? 

What a shock.How about Soros investing 900 million in that brazillian oil company that just got 2 billion in US loans for deep sea drilling?Nothing fishy about that?