Author Topic: Young Turks: Oil Funded Governor Protects BP On Fox News  (Read 2884 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Young Turks: Oil Funded Governor Protects BP On Fox News
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 10:08:03 AM »
Was that while he was signing take me out to the ball game drinking beers or while he was playing golf?

BP is getting off easy imho the way this escrow nonsense is set up.  

Dude, how many times do I have to tell you I am neither a democrat nor a republican? How many?

The US president, who happens to be a democrat is/would be sending a clear message, one I totally agree with: "You spill, you pay. You drill, you earn". Fair exchange if you ask me. Now, just because I agree with Obama on one decision does not make me a democrat.

I mean, you compulsive capitalists talk about this shit all the time: If a company is not effective it is driven to bankrupcy by the market. BP was not effective. BP should've had a plan A, B and C in regards to underwater drilling. They didn't, so they must pay. BP's failure to tackle the spill has ALREADY cost MANY more jobs around the Gulf coast than any supposed BP mass layoffs of US employees, which I doubt theu will do.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
I think you have a moral enviromental obligation as well and should stop posting untill you install some wind mills in your backyard and solar panels on your house and become completly oil free. The technology is there, why don't you use it? You are either with alternative energy or you are against it.

That would be OK if I were calling for the end of oil production. I am not.

Now, just because I like fast cars which consume lots of gas does not mean oil companies can drill and spill.

I mean, it's not hard to understand. It's two black dots. How difficult can it be to connect them with a straight line?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
That would be OK if I were calling for the end of oil production. I am not.

Now, just because I like fast cars which consume lots of gas does not mean oil companies can drill and spill.

I mean, it's not hard to understand. It's two black dots. How difficult can it be to connect them with a straight line?

Who was suggesting that they can just drill and spill? I didn't hear anyone advocating that approach.

Maybe I'm wrong but all I heard was this guy saying that BP will pay for the damage it caused but that 20 billion is just some number pulled out of someones ass and that taking away 20 billion from the company right now might hamper them being able to fund drilling elsewhere to be able to pay for future payouts to those affected by this spill. There is a legal process for this type of thing and it should be followed.

You can disagree with that statement but he didn't say that they don't have to pay.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
Who was suggesting that they can just drill and spill? I didn't hear anyone advocating that approach.

I'm not saying you were suggesting, I am presenting to you what I think is a fair exchange. We, individuals, are presented with the same dilemmas every day of the week and noone gives a shit. I mean, when you drive at 100 miles an hour on a 30-mile an hour zone you get a $ 500.00 fine (never mind the points). I think it's a fair exchange. I mean, the cop giving you the ticket doesn't give a shit about whether you can pay the fine or not, that's not his problem. His beef is that you broke the rules and you have to be penalized. That's how laws get implemented in a law-based system.  

Maybe I'm wrong but all I heard was this guy saying that BP will pay for the damage it caused but that 20 billion is just some number pulled out of someones ass and that taking away 20 billion from the company right now might hamper them being able to fund drilling elsewhere to be able to pay for future payouts to those affected by this spill. There is a legal process for this type of thing and it should be followed.

You can disagree with that statement but he didn't say that they don't have to pay.

And that it precisely what I did.

Dude, BP pays ¼ dollar per share 4 times per year. Why is that not being put under the microscope? I mean, that's money that is leaving the company, thus money lost for potential drilling. I mean, that's ROUGHLY 20 billion paid out in dividends per year. Based on this information, how can anyone (not you) even bitch on behalf of BP?

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 01:39:51 PM »

If you hold them at bay for 5 years, where will they get the money to pay claims?  We have to be somewhat reasonable.

" BP plc is a British-based global energy company which is the third largest energy company and the fourth largest company in the world".
It sounds like you're trying to say that if BP doesnt drill in the Gulf they're gonna go bankrupt. You do realise they have operations all over the freakin planet,right??
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 01:42:02 PM »
Dude, how many times do I have to tell you I am neither a democrat nor a republican? How many?

The US president, who happens to be a democrat is/would be sending a clear message, one I totally agree with: "You spill, you pay. You drill, you earn". Fair exchange if you ask me. Now, just because I agree with Obama on one decision does not make me a democrat.

I mean, you compulsive capitalists talk about this shit all the time: If a company is not effective it is driven to bankrupcy by the market. BP was not effective. BP should've had a plan A, B and C in regards to underwater drilling. They didn't, so they must pay. BP's failure to tackle the spill has ALREADY cost MANY more jobs around the Gulf coast than any supposed BP mass layoffs of US employees, which I doubt theu will do.

Be patient sometime 338 can be a little thick skulled....but he's a good guy overall ,a little misguided here and there ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »
Be patient sometime 338 can be a little thick skulled....but he's a good guy overall ,a little misguided here and there ;D

::)  ::)

Where did I ever defend BP or say they shouldnt pay every last dime for the cleanup? 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »
::)  ::)

Where did I ever defend BP or say they shouldnt pay every last dime for the cleanup? 

Where did I say something like that in my post?  ??? ;D