Author Topic: Rubio feeling FL foreclosure heat  (Read 465 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rubio feeling FL foreclosure heat
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:05:11 AM »
Florida candidate Rubio seeks to stave off foreclosure
 Source: Yahoo News

Florida GOP Senate candidate Marco Rubio is defending his personal finances amid word that a home he co-owns with a state congressional hopeful has gone into foreclosure.

According to the Palm Beach Post's Michael C. Bender, Rubio and state Rep. David Rivera were sued this week in Florida after skipping five months of mortgage payments on a Tallahassee house the two jointly purchased in 2005. Rubio, then a member of the Florida House, and Rivera shared the property when both were in Tallahassee for state business. Rivera is now running for the GOP nomination in Florida's 25th Congressional District.

According to a filing with the Leon County clerk's office, Deutsch Bank National Trust initiated foreclosure proceedings June 11 after the pair stopped making mortgage payments in February. Rubio and Rivera purchased the house for $135,000 back in March 2005. According to court documents, the balance of their mortgage today is $134,795. An online real estate listing shows the three-bedroom home currently priced at $136,500, having gone on the market in April.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Rubio feeling FL foreclosure heat
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
This story may pick up some steam.  Reminds me of the obama economic nominees not paying their taxes.  Very hypocritical pick.  Some voters might say "he knows what we're going through".  Other might say a guy unable to manage his own home purchase might not be the best choice to try to save a near-bankrupt state. 

There is also speculation about the level of commitment behind purchasing a home with another man - and not your wife.  Is that a common move?

It may not matter.  Intrade has Rubio's chances of winning dropping from 80 to 40 in the last 2 months. 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
I saw that article yesterday. What a mess, slowly but surely he seems to be loosing his grip on Florida, it might be premature but to me it looks like Charlie Christ will manage to win in the end.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:06:00 AM »
  I'm sure his initial reservations about the Arizona Bill didn't help much, either. He was trouncing Crist a few months ago; now it looks like he might lose it all.  :-\

newmom

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:12:36 AM »
yeesh they couldn't get a short sale???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:14:06 AM »
Damn in 5 years, the house is still worth spit. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:35:07 AM »
Add that to the list of his other dubious financial problems and you got a real noteworthy candidate.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »
I have not seen this in the local press... any new developments? ???