Author Topic: Penn & Teller: Exercise vs Genetics...  (Read 8134 times)

65stew

• Getbig II

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: Penn & Teller: Exercise vs Genetics...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:18:19 PM »
good vid. you shouldn't train versus your genetics, rather develop the features you're good in.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:05:18 PM »
I saw that entire video and couldn't agree more.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
there religion episode was spot on as well...
DAWG

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
Good watch... i was bullshitted on for years by the FLEX mag, MD mag, and every other bodybuilding MAG. ... UNTIL getbig.com made me see the light ... thanks RON

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »
Which was the one that Chris' girl gave head to in the bathroom?
O

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 05:59:04 PM »
I couldn't believe the personal trainer/model guy could actually say with a straight face that the lady he was training would someday be on the cover of a fitness magazine! I guess flattery can make you a buck!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »
I couldn't believe the personal trainer/model guy could actually say with a straight face that the lady he was training would someday be on the cover of a fitness magazine! I guess flattery can make you a buck!

Thats why I have a hard time training the general public....they hate the truth and I couldn't baffle them with bullshit and keep a straight face!

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 07:35:34 PM »
Thats why I have a hard time training the general public....they hate the truth and I couldn't baffle them with bullshit and keep a straight face!

Good point, I see the trainers in the gym all the time with these people that have no self discipline, body never changes even after months of working with a personal trainer but they now have someone that tells them everytime they come in how good they're looking and much progress they've made and it keeps them coming back!

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »
Meh I guess the vids nice for the ignorant, to me its just common sense. However the ecto meso morph shit is well "bullshit". There's people that got genes for muscle, for strength, and a good fugure, there are different types of muscle as well as endurance metablisms genes as well.  they don't group together. Fat men are mostly lazy, so basically there are two groups of people, ones that look strong and look skinny. This usually has more to do with hip to waste ratios and bone structure.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 04:09:47 AM »
Which was the one that Chris' girl gave head to in the bathroom?

Haha.  "The big one."  That chick was stacked.

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 04:43:57 AM »
Almost everything is true, but I feel like EVERYONE can look good.
The genetics determine how "fast" you will reach your goals. EVERYONE can look good (compared to how you looked). Even someone with bad predetermined genetics, Take Evan centapani for example. Fatty kid etc...

This will cause fatties to blame genetics for not even TRYING :)

I feel as they failed to mention that, besides that Great hehe

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 04:53:13 AM »
The genetics determine how "fast" you will reach your goals. EVERYONE can look good (compared to how you looked). Even someone with bad predetermined genetics, Take Evan centapani for example. Fatty kid etc...

Some people have fucked up skeleton and muscle shape/attachments.

spinnis

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »
Some people have fucked up skeleton and muscle shape/attachments.

you can still be Fit, which will make you look a million times better then if you were FAT.

On a side note, my hats of to all the ppeople that made a fourtune of the BS equipment shit.

If people are so fuckign stupid that they let themself be taken advantage of like that, they deserve it and more power to you.
All info you would ever need if just a few clicks away, if you're too lazy for that then fuck off

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 06:16:55 AM »

+1

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »

I agree, everyone can definately look better with consistant exercise and good diet. Someone like Evan I'm sure has worked very hard but he's also been on the "supplements." I think that and plastic Surgery are about the only ways to make drastic changes if your genetics are not so great to begin with.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »
I agree, everyone can definately look better with consistant exercise and good diet. Someone like Evan I'm sure has worked very hard but he's also been on the "supplements." I think that and plastic Surgery are about the only ways to make drastic changes if your genetics are not so great to begin with.
Surgery can't fix skeletal structure. The big scam is that people think they look better by going to the gym. Sure you look fit but there's no drastic change. I have friends that work  out constantly and others that never lift a weight its not a deal breaker for pussy. If you work out you gotta do it out of enojyment looking better is a small bonus. Of course it does help your ego which does get you laid, but it's not your look as how you think you look.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 07:44:07 AM »
Watched until the commercials got too annoying.

Looks like they were just making excuses for lazy bastards not committed to being healthy. Of course everyone doesn't have the genetics to look like a fitness model, get a pro card, play for the Yankees, etc... but that's not excuse for not putting the best motherloving you possible out there on a daily basis.

If fatties put the time into their bodies they do making excuses this epidemic would go away.

Even a skinny person can still get fit if committed.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 07:52:38 AM »
One of my best friends works out constantly and look like a stocky dwarf, the other looks better than most of the form and never touched a weight. 6 pack, taper v etc. For both of them working out will never get them laid ever it's a waste of time. There are loads of things they could with their time that's a better payoff. For me I have wide hips and narrow shoulder working out won't change that. Just the same I work out because I enjoy. However I work my arms about twice a week, anymore would be a waste as I'd get mild improvement and a waste of time. 

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 06:28:18 AM »
are you kidding me people? were to listen to penn & teller for life advice! lol! gimme a break! two out of shape, no talent losers who somehow made a successful living in entertainment and i used the word entertainment very loosely are telling people that what's the point of exercise, eating right you'll never look like the people on covers of bb/fitness magazines and stop buying supplements and so on and so on.

of course, genetics play a large part, but everyone and i mean EVERYONE can look and feel better with working out and eating right, including taking supplements, just don't go overboard with them! as far as fitness models, yes, if your butt ugly or plain, unless you get plastic surgery you won't have a fitness model face. okay, so what? (by the way, the fitness model/personal trainer in this video is clark bartram and when he told that girl that she was going to be on the cover of a magazine someday i don't think he was bullshitting her and us, because she actually has a cute face even if she was then a bit overweight, facially i could see her on the covers of a fitness magazine once she got in shape. anyway....

who the hell are penn and teller anyway? what's their point? teller? are you kidding me? i wish i could make a great living, not doing anything at all and not even talking?! and penn, a loudmouth fat out of shape profanity spewing douchebag! what was with the constant use of the "f"word and making fun of bartram i.e. bar-tram's name? surpised bartram didn't sue them for character defamation and slander?! if anything their ranting made THEM look worse and even more pathetic!

then making fun of everyone and anyone who wants to be in shape, make themselves the best they can be, making fun of anyone who would even want to be a fitness model? hey, if that is what people aspire too, more power to them! don't think we should be making fun of what anyone wants to do for a living and using what they were given whether body, face, mind, education, what have you!

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »
are you kidding me people? were to listen to penn & teller for life advice! lol! gimme a break! two out of shape, no talent losers who somehow made a successful living in entertainment and i used the word entertainment very loosely are telling people that what's the point of exercise, eating right you'll never look like the people on covers of bb/fitness magazines and stop buying supplements and so on and so on.

of course, genetics play a large part, but everyone and i mean EVERYONE can look and feel better with working out and eating right, including taking supplements, just don't go overboard with them! as far as fitness models, yes, if your butt ugly or plain, unless you get plastic surgery you won't have a fitness model face. okay, so what? (by the way, the fitness model/personal trainer in this video is clark bartram and when he told that girl that she was going to be on the cover of a magazine someday i don't think he was bullshitting her and us, because she actually has a cute face even if she was then a bit overweight, facially i could see her on the covers of a fitness magazine once she got in shape. anyway....

who the hell are penn and teller anyway? what's their point? teller? are you kidding me? i wish i could make a great living, not doing anything at all and not even talking?! and penn, a loudmouth fat out of shape profanity spewing douchebag! what was with the constant use of the "f"word and making fun of bartram i.e. bar-tram's name? surpised bartram didn't sue them for character defamation and slander?! if anything their ranting made THEM look worse and even more pathetic!

then making fun of everyone and anyone who wants to be in shape, make themselves the best they can be, making fun of anyone who would even want to be a fitness model? hey, if that is what people aspire too, more power to them! don't think we should be making fun of what anyone wants to do for a living and using what they were given whether body, face, mind, education, what have you!

Good post  QFT

They never once brought up the fact that even though not everyone can be a fitness model, everyone...  EVERYONE... can still be active and strive to be in the best shape their genetics/body type can be.
Wait for it....

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 05:02:19 PM »
Genetics determine the 'rough' layout of your physique, hard work and effort go a long way in shaping that physique..

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
Good post  QFT

They never once brought up the fact that even though not everyone can be a fitness model, everyone...  EVERYONE... can still be active and strive to be in the best shape their genetics/body type can be.
I don't think there against physical activity. But for most people lifting weights to looks good is a waste. The  amount of time would be much better spent playing team sports.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 05:57:24 PM »
I don't think there against physical activity. But for most people lifting weights to looks good is a waste. The  amount of time would be much better spent playing team sports.

They didnt seem to agree with a single thing in the video, about the fitness industry, supplements, working out, really anything. 

They might as well have said, everyone don't do a damn thing ever, cause nothing will ever happen to your physique.  You are stuck.

Which is anything but the truth.

I find their videos entertaining but at times very one sided.
Wait for it....

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »
I dont understand

Everyone can build muscle, get lean and look good.......Having the model look is easy if you are disicplined enough

Someone please correct me if im wrong here?  ???