Author Topic: A good fight would be:  (Read 1177 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
A good fight would be:
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »
Hammil vs. Bones.

That is all. 

Thoughts?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: A good fight would be:
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:45:27 PM »

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
wow.  that's right. 

and i NOW remember that fight. 

I'm only 32.. i hope my memory isn't fading already.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:56:46 PM »
That was a one sided beat down that was honestly difficult to watch after a while. Illegal elbow or not, Hammil didn't belong in the ring with Jones period.  Jones should have been Dq'd for nearly putting Hammil in a coma. It was like watching an 8 year old fight an adult.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »
That was a one sided beat down that was honestly difficult to watch after a while. Illegal elbow or not, Hammil didn't belong in the ring with Jones period.  Jones should have been Dq'd for nearly putting Hammil in a coma. It was like watching an 8 year old fight an adult.

I agree.  I still can't believe i forgot about that...    Jones should tear thru Maty..  at that point i think he deserves a top five guy.  Maybe even couture would be interesting..

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »
Jones should be fighting Lyoto, or Rampage ideally.

If not, I would definetly say Bader.

It kinda sucks that he's in G. Jacksons camp because I would like to see him against Jardines and/ or Rashad.

There really aren't too many guys left at 205 for Jones to fight outside of his own teammates and the cream of the crop that the UFC has to offer.

Little Nog? Forrest? Franklin? I think Jones would stomp a mudhole on all three of those guys without blinking.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
Jones should be fighting Lyoto, or Rampage ideally.

If not, I would definetly say Bader.

It kinda sucks that he's in G. Jacksons camp because I would like to see him against Jardines and/ or Rashad.

There really aren't too many guys left at 205 for Jones to fight outside of his own teammates and the cream of the crop that the UFC has to offer.

Little Nog? Forrest? Franklin? I think Jones would stomp a mudhole on all three of those guys without blinking.

Jones does look very promising.  He definitely needs a bigger challenge, but he is young. Forrest would be a great match-up for him. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 06:38:53 AM »
I agree.  I like a forrest/jones match up.   

I thnk if he beats Maty and then a top 5 LHW (a top 5 UFC LHW that is) he gets a title shot. 

I bet Fedor is afraid of Bones.   ;D

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 10:11:21 AM »
I don't think Forrest deserves a fight with Bones.  But it would be nice to watch Forrest get worked over, lose, and run outta the ring crying!  I think Bones needs to fight Thiago Silva, Lyota, or Rampage.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »
I don't think Forrest deserves a fight with Bones.  But it would be nice to watch Forrest get worked over, lose, and run outta the ring crying!  I think Bones needs to fight Thiago Silva, Lyota, or Rampage.

Well it looks like Page/Lyoto will be next.    Thiago lost to Rashad, so I see him as not such a threat.  Maybe it will be him.

I hope he isn't looking passed Maty though.   What about Franklin/Bones, with the winner getting a shot at the belt, whoever is holding it after Rashad/Rua.