Author Topic: Racist South Carolina Teabaggers nominate Black guy over Strom Thurmonds' son.  (Read 1476 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Black SC Republican poised to go to Congress
Jun 22, 10:45 PM (ET)
By BRUCE SMITH

________________________ _____________________

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Voters in South Carolina nominated a black Republican lawmaker for an open congressional seat Tuesday, rejecting a legendary political name and adding diversity to the national party.

State Rep. Tim Scott defeated Paul Thurmond, an attorney who is son of the one-time segregationist U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond. Scott, who won the runoff with 69 percent of the vote, is now poised to become the nation's first black GOP congressman since 2003.

Scott, 44, owns an insurance business and became the first black Republican in the South Carolina Legislature in more than a century when elected two years ago. Before that, he served 13 years on Charleston County Council and was elected chairman four times.

He's now the favorite in the coastal 1st District, which has elected a Republican congressman for three decades. He would become the first black Republican congressman since Oklahoma's J.C. Watts retired in 2003.

Scott grew up in poverty in North Charleston, his parents divorcing when he was 7. His mother, Frances, worked 16 hours a day raising Scott and a brother and Scott regularly introduce her at campaign events.

Scott also credits a mentor with helping him turn around his life at a time he was in danger of flunking out of high school. He said John Moniz, a conservative entrepreneur who ran a Chick-fil-A, changed his outlook on life.

Scott, who is single, later went on to graduate from Charleston Southern University with a degree in political science.

Earlier this year, Scott was campaigning for lieutenant governor, but changed his sights after U.S. Rep. Henry Brown announced he was retiring. The district reaches from near Charleston northeast along the state's coast to the high rise hotels of Myrtle Beach.

"This race is not really about winning the election," Scott told about 200 people gathered for a victory party in a North Charleston hotel. "It's about finding a way to bring us together so our country leads the world in every way possible."

Scott picked up key national endorsements, including one from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. The Washington-based Club for Growth, which promotes reducing taxes, budget reform and free trade said Tuesday that donations from its members and political action committee totaled more than $313,000 for Scott.

Observers say the race may be a gauge of diversity in the GOP.

Scott promises to dismantle the new federal health care law he says costs too much and is unconstitutional. He promises to cut federal spending and simplify a federal tax code he says is the product of too much lobbying and too many lawyers.

In November, Scott will be strongly favored over Democrat Ben Frasier, who is also black.

________________________ ______________________

Another win for Sarah and the Tea Party. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Another win for Sarah?

Oh brother.  Stop kneepadding for this marginally competent cheerleader and put your energy into getting the word out about Thune.  He's climbing on Intrade - Palin is falling and Romney is climbing as well.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Another win for Sarah?

Oh brother.  Stop kneepadding for this marginally competent cheerleader and put your energy into getting the word out about Thune.  He's climbing on Intrade - Palin is falling and Romney is climbing as well.

I care about 2010 first to kneecap obama and stop him cold in his tracks.  If Sarah can help elect people to takeover congress to end this tyrannical Mugabe-like punk in the WH, all the power to her.

and BTW - i am still Thune 2012 all the way.   

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I voted for the guy...Thurmond was a joke.  I'm still kind of apprehensive about Scott so we'll just have to see.  At least he is strong on gun rights.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
I care about 2010 first to kneecap obama and stop him cold in his tracks.  If Sarah can help elect people to takeover congress to end this tyrannical Mugabe-like punk in the WH, all the power to her.

and BTW - i am still Thune 2012 all the way.   

Your delusional dude!!!

How many times have you been fucked over by politicians who have made the FALSE CLAIMS to make things better... only to win an election and throw all that they said they would do into the nearest garbage can and then do as they are told. Sarah Palin, McCain, Obama, Bush, Clinton yadda yadda have all made the claims/statements/speeches that made the public swoon, thinking they were the better candidate than the last one... THEY ENDED UP BEING WORST THAN THE PREDECESSOR.

You're putting all of your trust in politics which has shown itself more of a magician than Harry Houdini. The next round of politicians will be no different than the last except a different face. Get Real...
C

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Another win for Sarah?

Wait a minute.You have said on here almost everyday that she IS the rontrunner for 2012.Have you been lying to raise her importance to give you a reason to insult her?Or have you been wrong from day one?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Your delusional dude!!!

How many times have you been fucked over by politicians who have made the FALSE CLAIMS to make things better... only to win an election and throw all that they said they would do into the nearest garbage can and then do as they are told. Sarah Palin, McCain, Obama, Bush, Clinton yadda yadda have all made the claims/statements/speeches that made the public swoon, thinking they were the better candidate than the last one... THEY ENDED UP BEING WORST THAN THE PREDECESSOR.

You're putting all of your trust in politics which has shown itself more of a magician than Harry Houdini. The next round of politicians will be no different than the last except a different face. Get Real...

Samson - I am for gridlock and chaos.   The more the better.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
If race wasn't an issue (for some) why did the article even bring it up?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If race wasn't an issue (for some) why did the article even bring it up?

Because the common theme amongst the msm for the last year is that the tea party are racists.   

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Samson - I am for gridlock and chaos.   The more the better.   

I see...
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I see...

That's what I prefer - gridlock/stalemate/fighting/ etc. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Gridlock means those whores can't spend more money and pass bad legislation. :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Wait a minute.You have said on here almost everyday that she IS the rontrunner for 2012.Have you been lying to raise her importance to give you a reason to insult her?Or have you been wrong from day one?

In the last month or so, she has dropped 5 points in the INTRADE waging, while Romney has risen 4 points.  Thune has also moved up 6 points I believe.

She and Romney were tied for almost a year, with her holding a slight edge most of the time.  As she has tweeted more and more, and people realize just how damaging her "oil presidency" would be to potential voters, her stock is falling.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I don't care if Van Der Sloots' stock is rising, if he can stop Obama, I would vote for him. 

12secGT

• Getbig III
Black SC Republican poised to go to Congress
Jun 22, 10:45 PM (ET)
By BRUCE SMITH

________________________ _____________________

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Voters in South Carolina nominated a black Republican lawmaker for an open congressional seat Tuesday, rejecting a legendary political name and adding diversity to the national party.

State Rep. Tim Scott defeated Paul Thurmond, an attorney who is son of the one-time segregationist U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond. Scott, who won the runoff with 69 percent of the vote, is now poised to become the nation's first black GOP congressman since 2003.

Scott, 44, owns an insurance business and became the first black Republican in the South Carolina Legislature in more than a century when elected two years ago. Before that, he served 13 years on Charleston County Council and was elected chairman four times.

He's now the favorite in the coastal 1st District, which has elected a Republican congressman for three decades. He would become the first black Republican congressman since Oklahoma's J.C. Watts retired in 2003.

Scott grew up in poverty in North Charleston, his parents divorcing when he was 7. His mother, Frances, worked 16 hours a day raising Scott and a brother and Scott regularly introduce her at campaign events.

Scott also credits a mentor with helping him turn around his life at a time he was in danger of flunking out of high school. He said John Moniz, a conservative entrepreneur who ran a Chick-fil-A, changed his outlook on life.

Scott, who is single, later went on to graduate from Charleston Southern University with a degree in political science.

Earlier this year, Scott was campaigning for lieutenant governor, but changed his sights after U.S. Rep. Henry Brown announced he was retiring. The district reaches from near Charleston northeast along the state's coast to the high rise hotels of Myrtle Beach.

"This race is not really about winning the election," Scott told about 200 people gathered for a victory party in a North Charleston hotel. "It's about finding a way to bring us together so our country leads the world in every way possible."

Scott picked up key national endorsements, including one from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. The Washington-based Club for Growth, which promotes reducing taxes, budget reform and free trade said Tuesday that donations from its members and political action committee totaled more than $313,000 for Scott.

Observers say the race may be a gauge of diversity in the GOP.

Scott promises to dismantle the new federal health care law he says costs too much and is unconstitutional. He promises to cut federal spending and simplify a federal tax code he says is the product of too much lobbying and too many lawyers.

In November, Scott will be strongly favored over Democrat Ben Frasier, who is also black.

________________________ ______________________

Another win for Sarah and the Tea Party. 

I think what is NOT written in this article says EVERTYHING. Not ONE mention about the Tea Party! Unless I missed it. I didn't see it. Just curious 333, where did u get this? AP? Just curious.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
In the last month or so, she has dropped 5 points in the INTRADE waging, while Romney has risen 4 points.  Thune has also moved up 6 points I believe.

She and Romney were tied for almost a year, with her holding a slight edge most of the time.  As she has tweeted more and more, and people realize just how damaging her "oil presidency" would be to potential voters, her stock is falling.

So you admit her stock is falling, so now we wont have to hear from you about her.I mean she cant pass legislation,according to you she isnt a king maker and really has no influence and she is now just a comentator.So you wont be posting about her again right?Perhaps we can expect you to focus on the destruction Obama is engaged in.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I have to get the link.  It was on AP via FR.  I'll get the direct link for you.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So you admit her stock is falling, so now we wont have to hear from you about her.I mean she cant pass legislation,according to you she isnt a king maker and really has no influence and she is now just a comentator.So you wont be posting about her again right?Perhaps we can expect you to focus on the destruction Obama is engaged in.

333386 gave her credit today for getting another person elected.  Even though Romney usually endorses the same candidate 2 months earlier lol...

Me "focusing upon the destruction obama is engaged in" won't do much good if the repubs put up an unelectable candidate in 2012.  Palin has slipped to #2 on the list, but ppl like Buchanan still think the GOP nod will go to her (even though he predicts obama will destroy her in the general).

She has a great deal of influence.  She's an author.  She is a fox pundit.  She give speeches and works for candidates.  She's an advocate for GOp candidates. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
At this point I would vote for Van Der Sloot over Obama as at least Sloot would be locked away in a cell and couldnt do anything to harm us like your hero is. 

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
I think this was meaning, ( if the tea party is so racist why did they endorse a black guy) . This goes to show that maybe  , just maybe the tea isnt so racist  huh???
down with hussein

240 is Back

• Getbig V
See, I see that as shooting for the dirt.

GOP is reading this saying, "yeah, let's put in any idiot puppet, he/she will win" instead of putting up a qualified candidate they might not be able to control as easily.  The general sentiment out there is that they'd vote for anyone.

I'd rather they read my posts and say "wow, some ppl will vote libertarian instead of anti-obama, if we don't put up a good candidate".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I think this was meaning, ( if the tea party is so racist why did they endorse a black guy) . This goes to show that maybe  , just maybe the tea isnt so racist  huh???

I made a ridiculous headline to point out the stupid claims of the left wing goons that the tea party is racist.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think this was meaning, ( if the tea party is so racist why did they endorse a black guy) . This goes to show that maybe  , just maybe the tea isnt so racist  huh???

of course the tea party isn't racist.  tha'ts what mathews and friends try to sell, but most ppl know it's not true.  

Much the way FOX teaches us that all libs would like to give Bin laden a handjob, give iran a pass, hate guns, and don't know what the constitution is.

unfortunately, some ppl (here!) see thru MSN's bullshit, but swallow up FOX's parallel lying.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
333386 gave her credit today for getting another person elected.  Even though Romney usually endorses the same candidate 2 months earlier lol...

Me "focusing upon the destruction obama is engaged in" won't do much good if the repubs put up an unelectable candidate in 2012.  Palin has slipped to #2 on the list, but ppl like Buchanan still think the GOP nod will go to her (even though he predicts obama will destroy her in the general).

She has a great deal of influence.  She's an author.  She is a fox pundit.  She give speeches and works for candidates.  She's an advocate for GOp candidates. 

There are HUNDREADS of authors,commentators and pundits,YOU focus on her.Not sure why.Is it because lib women look like they belong in a pound?Obamas wife looks like a tranny?Palin doesnt have 1/100th of the power or influence Rush has or even Beck.I dont now,nor ever have understood your facination with her.Obamas racism,not important,but a Palin tweet NOW THATS IMPORTANT!!

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Back to the real issues...I'm apprehensive about Scott as he was chairman of Charleston County board...they are known for being the most corrupt, wasteful, and clueless county board in the state.  Scott just has a decent voting record so he made the cut over Thurmond.  Thurmond is just a spoiled little rich brat that is the son of a racist Senator that served for way too long.