Author Topic: Your feel about THE COVE documentory about dolphins & ARIZONA LION BURGERS??  (Read 5688 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renown dolphin trainer Ric O’Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health.

http://vidreel.com/video/OTAwNzAx/

12,000 dolphins killed a year compared to 100,000 cattle killed a day in the USA... i feel it is the right of Japanese people to catch, sell and eat dolphins in their bay if they want, just like i wouldn't want them telling me not to eat burgers, steaks, pork chops, or fried chicken... i understand the dolphin is one smart mammal but if they are able to communicate so well under water why don't they communicate to the rest of the other dolphins NOT to continue swimming to that same slaughter house cove in Taijii, Japan  ???

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: What do you guys feel about THE COVE documentory about dolphins
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:40:30 PM »
it isnt an issue of smarts.  they dont fear man.  that must be installed in them.  planet would be interesting if animal life could get rid of humans.

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »
its quite a depressing movie, but it does show how fucked up Japan is.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
Using state-of-the-art equipment, a group of activists, led by renown dolphin trainer Ric O’Barry, infiltrate a cove near Taijii, Japan to expose both a shocking instance of animal abuse and a serious threat to human health.

12,000 dolphins killed a year compared to 100,000 cattle killed a day in the USA... i feel it is the right of Japanese people to catch, sell and eat dolphins in their bay if they want, just like i wouldn't want them telling me not to eat burgers, steaks, pork chops, or fried chicken... i understand the dolphin is one smart mammal but if they are able to communicate so well under water why don't they communicate to the rest of the other dolphins NOT to continue swimming to that same slaughter house cove in Taijii, Japan  ???
Don't mistake their ability to communicate for intelligence. Or maybe the ones their swim in and get fucked up before they can spread the word. Or maybe they go in their get destroyed and their road dogs come looking for them and the same happens over and over.
Could be anything. What do I know  ???

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
oh please...

stop pretending to care....

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »
the japs need another nuke bomb!  >:(

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
Only tuna I eat is with dolphin meat.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 08:03:36 AM »
Japanese are some fucked up bastards. >:(
A

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 10:59:37 AM »
I don't know about you guys but i am on my way to Arizona this weekend to sink my teeth into a juice lion burger

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20396652,00.html

Would You Eat a Burger Made with Lion Meat?

By Alison Schwartz

Thursday June 24, 2010 01:30 PM EDT

Want fries to go with that lion burger?

An Arizona restaurant is serving burgers made with lion meat in the spirit of the World Cup, and the new specialty isn't exactly getting heralded by vuvuzelas.

Il Vinaio restaurant owner Cameron Selogie tells the Associated Press that his Mesa, Ariz., restaurant has received a bomb threat and more than 150 e-mails protesting the dish.

The restaurant ordered 10 lbs. of the lion meat from a free-range farm in Illinois that is regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The meat is mixed with ground beef and served with a side of spicy chips and corn on the cob. And Selogie says he's been serving about 15 burgers a day.

USDA spokesman Jim Brownlee says that although lion meat is uncommon, and lions are on a protected list, as far as he knows, serving the meat is completely legal.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
Japan is just a disgusting country.  No civilized nation would hunt (whale) creatures that have an established culture, intelligence, and language as complex as the ones employed by whales and dolphins.  We nuked em once, I say we nuke'm again. We should constantly remind every japanese person they exist because we allow(ed) them to exist. THe only good thing to come out of japan is bukkake, and the germans made that their own.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 03:03:29 PM »
i saw it.... im not much of a animal lover, but i felt bad for those dolphins.. they are very unique animal.. i saw a show on natgeo where several eye witnesses said that dolphins would protect humans from sharks(even risking their own lives).. saw video footage of a dolphin saving a pregnant woman from drowning.
real men= no rubbers

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Comparing domesticated cattle to naturally intelligent, amazing creatures like dolphins shows just how fucking ignorant and moronic the thread starter and others are.   ::)

If you haven't studied dolphins and cannot fathom the difference between using one vs. the other as a food supply you really are a fucking retard.  But this is getbig after all.................

Nails

• Getbig V
Comparing domesticated cattle to naturally intelligent, amazing creatures like dolphins shows just how fucking ignorant and moronic the thread starter and others are.   ::)

If you haven't studied dolphins and cannot fathom the difference between using one vs. the other as a food supply you really are a fucking retard.  But this is getbig after all.................

So what your saying is you like to have sex with dolphins  ???

Oh and please ENLIGHTEN US all here at getbig ..what has the dolphin communicated to you about? Religion? Politics? Health? Language? Survival? The meaning of life?? Share with us ALL the words of wisdom you have learned from these naturally intelligent, amazing creatures??

Nails

• Getbig V

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Dolphins are the only other creature on earth who have been seen bullying and killing one of its kind for fun.

oldman

• Getbig III
after rescuing and recoverying pilots in the middle of the ocean, many were thankful that the dolphins kept them company during their wait for help.  they would tell me this, but never anyone else.  ejecting over water is a nightmare for pilots...

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
Dolphins are the only other creature on earth who have been seen bullying and killing one of its kind for fun.

They're also the only animals that have sex for pleasure.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

Very true.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 01:48:50 AM »

If it's high in protein and tastes good, why not.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
link not show vid anymore?
A

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/

Interesting that dolphins do this too, but not true that they are the only ones!  Bonobos do it as well-they are the primate which shaRE 98.4% of our DNA.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won

http://vidreel.com/video/OTAwNzAx/

12,000 dolphins killed a year compared to 100,000 cattle killed a day in the USA... i feel it is the right of Japanese people to catch, sell and eat dolphins in their bay if they want, just like i wouldn't want them telling me not to eat burgers, steaks, pork chops, or fried chicken... i understand the dolphin is one smart mammal but if they are able to communicate so well under water why don't they communicate to the rest of the other dolphins NOT to continue swimming to that same slaughter house cove in Taijii, Japan  ???

Very nice of you to take it upon yourself to promote the continued cruelity and suffering of these animals. What exactly do you have against animals "Nails" ?  Why are you still competiting with them, dont you think it is time to evolve?

To shroud your colloboration with these barbarians in some kind of civil liberty is unconscionable.

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »
I honestly dont know what the big deal about this is, the burgers were good mind you, but will never top the bald eagle patties I had in Nebraska!

I don't know about you guys but i am on my way to Arizona this weekend to sink my teeth into a juice lion burger

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20396652,00.html

By Alison Schwartz

Thursday June 24, 2010 01:30 PM EDT

Want fries to go with that lion burger?

An Arizona restaurant is serving burgers made with lion meat in the spirit of the World Cup, and the new specialty isn't exactly getting heralded by vuvuzelas.

Il Vinaio restaurant owner Cameron Selogie tells the Associated Press that his Mesa, Ariz., restaurant has received a bomb threat and more than 150 e-mails protesting the dish.

The restaurant ordered 10 lbs. of the lion meat from a free-range farm in Illinois that is regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The meat is mixed with ground beef and served with a side of spicy chips and corn on the cob. And Selogie says he's been serving about 15 burgers a day.

USDA spokesman Jim Brownlee says that although lion meat is uncommon, and lions are on a protected list, as far as he knows, serving the meat is completely legal.