Author Topic: Sharia in Dearborn: Police stop Christians from handing out material outside Ara  (Read 4435 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

So now certain areas of the country are off-limits to non-Muslims and handing out pamphlets in Sharia ruled Dearbornistan is illegal? What a disgusting situation from these so-called "moderates" who have "integrated" into our society.

Coming soon to your town.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Bad judgment all around.  The police shouldn't have arrested them but in doing so they are trying to defuse and escalation of the situation.  It's legal for any religious group to stand outside another's place of worship or celebration and hand out opposing beliefs, that doesn't make it a good judgment call.  I would dare anyone to go stand outside a roman catholic church in New York and hand out Muslim verses.  You'll have your arse handed to you in minutes. 

I'm not saying they should have been arrested obviously you have religious freedom but the time and place was a poor attempt to incite a reaction, nothing more.   
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
Bad judgment all around.  The police shouldn't have arrested them but in doing so they are trying to defuse and escalation of the situation.  It's legal for any religious group to stand outside another's place of worship or celebration and hand out opposing beliefs, that doesn't make it a good judgment call.  I would dare anyone to go stand outside a roman catholic church in New York and hand out Muslim verses.  You'll have your arse handed to you in minutes.  

I'm not saying they should have been arrested obviously you have religious freedom but the time and place was a poor attempt to incite a reaction, nothing more.  

Bad judgment or not, the Constitution grants them the right to hand-out religious material. But shocker, our Constitutionally-mandated rights once again take a back seat to the world's 24/7/365 victims.

But I like your justification of the situation by likening it to a Muslim handing out religious material outside a Church. So, once again, two wrongs make a right. For that matter, there is no indication that a Muslim would have his "arse handed to him" for handing religious pamphlets out. In-fact, I suspect nothing violent would happen (and anti-Islamic crime statistics support that).  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
Bad judgment or not, the Constitution grants them the right to hand-out religious material. But shocker, our Constitutionally-mandated rights once again take a back seat to the world's 24/7/365 victims.

But I like your justification of the situation by likening it to a Muslim handing out religious material outside a Church. So, once again, two wrongs make a right. For that matter, there is no indication that a Muslim would have his "arse handed to him" for handing religious pamphlets out. In-fact, I suspect nothing violent would happen (and anti-Islamic crime statistics support that).  ::)

That it does but it doesn't grant them the right to disobey police officers who are trying to stop a potential situation.  I don't think these guys will be found guilty of anything other than poor judgement.

I'm not saying church goers are inherently violent nor that if would make it right, it's still just as wrong, but if you stand outside someones place of worship and hand out conflicting documents it is not unreasonable to expect some abuse whether physical or verbal i can guarantee you of that.  Some would view it as an afront or attack on their beliefs. 

Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
That it does but it doesn't grant them the right to disobey police officers who are trying to stop a potential situation.  I don't think these guys will be found guilty of anything other than poor judgement.

I'm not saying church goers are inherently violent nor that if would make it right, it's still just as wrong, but if you stand outside someones place of worship and hand out conflicting documents it is not unreasonable to expect some abuse whether physical or verbal i can guarantee you of that.  Some would view it as an afront or attack on their beliefs.  

What situation? You mean the Muslims who circled around them and who were on the cusp of violently attacking them? Those are the people that should have been stopped, not the people handing out leaflets. Or is it OK for Muslims to walk all over our rights whenever they feel like it (don't bother answering as I already know where you stand on that). I've seen people proselytizing in non-Muslim areas before. Not once have I seen them on the verge of getting attacked. Funny how it's only the Mohammedans that act like that.

Secondly, it wasn't someone's place of worship. It was a FESTIVAL that was supposedly open to everyone.

Amazing that you're actually justifying the trampling of our Constitutionally-mandated rights because the Muslims felt slighted. Pretty disgusting stuff, to be honest.

kcballer

• Getbig V
What situation? You mean the Muslims who circled around them and who were on the cusp of violently attacking them? Those are the people that should have been stopped, not the people handing out leaflets. Or is it OK for Muslims to walk all over our rights whenever they feel like it (don't bother answering as I already know where you stand on that).

Secondly, it wasn't someone's place of worship. It was a FESTIVAL that was supposedly open to everyone.

Amazing that you're actually justifying the trampling of our Constitutionally-mandated rights. Pretty disgusting stuff, to be honest.

Haha i never said it was right, but that i understand why the police did it.  People get angry when you do things like that.  It's like those people picketing the funerals.  They are legally allowed to do it, but it doesn't make it right and if the police felt they were in danger of being attacked they would probably take them away too. 

This is no different than walking into harlem with a white's only t-shirt.  It's going to piss those black people off you're allowed to do it, but it doesn't make it good judgment. 

Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
Haha i never said it was right, but that i understand why the police did it.  People get angry when you do things like that.  It's like those people picketing the funerals.  They are legally allowed to do it, but it doesn't make it right and if the police felt they were in danger of being attacked they would probably take them away too. 

This is no different than walking into harlem with a white's only t-shirt.  It's going to piss those black people off you're allowed to do it, but it doesn't make it good judgment. 

Again you're justifying this situation by likening it to something else. So two wrongs make a right. How sad.

kcballer

• Getbig V
Again you're justifying this situation by likening it to something else. So two wrongs make a right. How sad.

I haven't justified anything other than the giving a reason for the officers actions.  I have not said they are right, only that i understand why they did what they did. 
Abandon every hope...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The other videos by muslims calling the christians liars are ridiculous. They claim that the christians were not peacefully handing out their material because the cops booked them for "disorderly conduct". I saw nothing wrong with what the christians did. They didn't get into any arguments with anyone. They weren't chastising any of the muslims for having a different religious belief.

I guess if a cop says it, it must be true.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
The charge of "disorderly conduct" is BS most of the time, it's what police use to book people when they can't find a true legitimate reason.

Fury

• Getbig V
The other videos by muslims calling the christians liars are ridiculous. They claim that the christians were not peacefully handing out their material because the cops booked them for "disorderly conduct". I saw nothing wrong with what the christians did. They didn't get into any arguments with anyone. They weren't chastising any of the muslims for having a different religious belief.

I guess if a cop says it, it must be true.

It's the second year in a row this has happened. Last year the cops tried to confiscate their video because it showed the Muslims circling around them looking to attack. Can't book Christians for crimes when they're the victims.  ::)

So, once again, Muslims get special treatment. Can't proselytize in any areas with sizable Muslim populations. I know a lot of countries like that. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya and some others come to mind.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
You can't incite a conflict and then claim to be a victim.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I wonder what law allowed the police to force those people to go five blocks away?  Pretty bad police work.  I'd say some Constitutional rights got trampled. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
I wonder what law allowed the police to force those people to go five blocks away?  Pretty bad police work.  I'd say some Constitutional rights got trampled. 

People can protest all they want, just not at a distance that interferes with the rights of others. There's no difference between these people protesting outside a mosque and those idiots at soldier funerals or outside Planned Parenthood.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
People can protest all they want, just not at a distance that interferes with the rights of others. There's no difference between these people protesting outside a mosque and those idiots at soldier funerals or outside Planned Parenthood.

you mean like the seiu people that protested on the bank ceo"s door step and the police did nothing?
down with hussein

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
You can't incite a conflict and then claim to be a victim.

Yup. A guy was standing in the middle of an Arab festival screaming "Jesus is the way" or some shit. Half the guys on this board would have an aneurysm if the rolls were reversed and would probably wanna see someone get shit kicked.

Don't these guys have anything else better to do?

drkaje

• Getbig V
Yup. A guy was standing in the middle of an Arab festival screaming "Jesus is the way" or some shit. Half the guys on this board would have an aneurysm if the rolls were reversed and would probably wanna see someone get shit kicked.

Don't these guys have anything else better to do?

No.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

They weren't protesting. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
They weren't protesting. 

Wouldn't be the first time people proselytized as a form of protest and then played all innocent.

You can't provoke people and then claim intolerance. It's gay.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Wouldn't be the first time people proselytized as a form of protest and then played all innocent.

You can't provoke people and then claim intolerance. It's gay.

They weren't provoking people either.  Handing out religious literature that talks about love, peace, and all that jazz is about as peaceful as you can get.  This was nothing more than censorship and an abuse of police power.

I have actually seen this kind of thing done many times, where one denomination hands out literature either on or near the proper of another.     

drkaje

• Getbig V
They weren't provoking people either.  Handing out religious literature that talks about love, peace, and all that jazz is about as peaceful as you can get.  This was nothing more than censorship and an abuse of police power.

I have actually seen this kind of thing done many times, where one denomination hands out literature either on or near the proper of another.     

So a bunch of people handing out Planned Parenthood brochures in front of your church before service would be cool?

Those guys weren't looking for sensationalism, not fellowship. It's doubtful anything would have made the website had they been welcomed with open arms or ignored.

I'm not a fan of any religion but we can't let idiots force the state to prefer one over another with stupid stunts. You know how the courts go.... if they lose rights, so do you. :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

Yeah and it's absolutely ridiculous, they need to stop trying to do people "favors".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
So a bunch of people handing out Planned Parenthood brochures in front of your church before service would be cool?

Those guys weren't looking for sensationalism, not fellowship. It's doubtful anything would have made the website had they been welcomed with open arms or ignored.

I'm not a fan of any religion but we can't let idiots force the state to prefer one over another with stupid stunts. You know how the courts go.... if they lose rights, so do you. :)

I could care less if Planned Parenthood is outside my church handing out brochures.   

What these people did is what thousands of Americans do every day.  I see people do this all the time.  There is absolutely nothing provactive about standing on a corner handing out religious literature.  At least not in this instance. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Yeah and it's absolutely ridiculous, they need to stop trying to do people "favors".

I don't have a problem with it.  They believe in their message.  It's a "good" message, whether you believe in their specific tenets or not.  People need to stop being so hypersensitive when it comes to religion. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  It's a "good" message, whether you believe in their specific tenets or not.   

Good for you them. Now,they can keep it at home where they can meditate on it on their own or with like minded people. If I feel like hooking up wth Jesus,, I'll call them.