Author Topic: Why do the ufc big name fighters only fight every 6 months?  (Read 1312 times)

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
Fucking lame, the top guys should fight every 3-4 months tops.  Fighters dont have a long window of opportunity, the ufc should have their top guys fight alot more often.
I dont like twinks.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Why do the ufc big name fighters only fight every 6 months?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
Fucking lame, the top guys should fight every 3-4 months tops.  Fighters dont have a long window of opportunity, the ufc should have their top guys fight alot more often.

"King" Lesnar will have gone over a year without stepping in the cage when he fights Carwin.  :D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

Digging deep aren't you. I'll tell you why they don't fight more ofter, the need to find CONTENDERS. The exact reason they need to have cards/fights often like they have been doing.

How long has it been since Carwin fought? :o

Lesnar had an injury/illness. It happens.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »
"King" Lesnar will have gone over a year without stepping in the cage when he fights Carwin.  :D

Why do you come on this board.....really?

You never post factual rebuttals to anything.

There are plenty of others on here that hate the UFC, but at least they back up what they say with facts.

Not skewed facts.

Epic shit stained posts you have.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
Why do you come on this board.....really?

You never post factual rebuttals to anything.

There are plenty of others on here that hate the UFC, but at least they back up what they say with facts.

Not skewed facts.

Epic shit stained posts you have.

Gimmick meltdown! Brock Lesnar's last fight was July 11, 2009. He will have gone pretty much a year without fighting when he fights Carwin.

Feel like owning yourself again, you uneducated retard? Don't let your nerd rage cloud your judgment, pedo.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:16:01 PM »

Ring rust is going to be nasty to Cock.
Giving 110%

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 06:19:51 PM »
Gimmick meltdown! Brock Lesnar's last fight was July 11, 2009. He will have gone pretty much a year without fighting when he fights Carwin.

Feel like owning yourself again, you uneducated retard? Don't let your nerd rage cloud your judgment, pedo.

Do you mind telling us why he was out a year?

He almost died.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »

Do you mind telling us why he was out a year?

He almost died.

he faked the illness because he needed more time to train for carwin.

he was seen on film (video is on youtube) looking / feeling great at a minnesota vikings game, blowing the opening horn.
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 10:22:10 PM »
he faked the illness because he needed more time to train for carwin.

he was seen on film (video is on youtube) looking / feeling great at a minnesota vikings game, blowing the opening horn.

Thew lost 40lbs and had to heal his colon. Because he was blowing a horn he was well enough to fight huh?
Do you know anything about the illness he had?

Does not look like you do. Most often people have major surgery to fix what he had. I bet it will happen again at some point in his life. Why do you think he has changed his diet so drasically?

I can give you much more info on the illness if you need it. I had someone very close to me with the exact illness.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 03:04:39 AM »
When's the last time Velasquez fought? JDS also has had a sizable chunk of time off, although I believe he is fighting next month.

Outside of Carwin, Mir and Roy Nelson who seem to fight every over month, it feels like the HW division is a lot lighter on activity than it should be.Part of the reason was Brocks illness, but overall these guys need to be forced to fight each other already. Im sick of hearing about how good these guys are when to this point all they have done is shown that they can steamroll shitty opponents.

Carwin is the only one that I feel has produced a good resume and has remained very active at the same time. 

At 205 the divison has remained pretty active minus Rampages hiatus and Griffins latest injury. 185 has been fairly stagnant but thats largely because the champ is head and shoulders above the rest of the division and no one deserves a title shot except Sonnen. 170 has been an extremely shitty division as of late and I couldn't care less about the fighters at that weight except GSP. As far as I'm concerned they all suck right now except Paulo Thiago and GSP. At lightweight all the little guys have been banging, so you cant really knock them. Jose Aldo needs to move to lightweight and start his UFC legacy.