Author Topic: The guy who made Lesnar and Carwin top 5 heavyweights  (Read 5275 times)

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
The guy who made Lesnar and Carwin top 5 heavyweights
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »
Blatantly stolen from sherdog, but this was a funny post and I think it needs to be here.  Who bought the hype?
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: The guy who made Lesnar and Carwin top 5 heavyweights
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »
Does comeback from a devastating motorcycle accident and rod in leg ring a bell?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:24:44 AM »
Oh boo hoo hoo. Poor Frank Mir.

Maybe to satisfy the almighty Weight Fedor should crash his car into a tree and recieve surgery on his leg. Then he can get his ass kicked repeatedly every time he has a big fight and still remain a top 5 ranked HW.

Didn't you start a thread not too long ago about Shogun being brittle for having another knee surgery? Funny that Shogun wins all of his big fights despite having bad knees. Wait let me guess, you bought Frank Mir's leg cast off ebay so we don't know him the way you do-

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
Blatantly stolen from sherdog, but this was a funny post and I think it needs to be here.  Who bought the hype?

What is your point ???  Mir was told he would never walk again after shattering his leg in a motorcycle accident.  He took over a year off training, became an alcoholic and basically gave up on life.  Somehow he managed to turn it around and get himself back in the Octagon.  Unfortunately, he was not mentally or physically there yet and paid the price for it.  However, he persevered and turned his whole life and career around  by beating top heavyweights like Lesnar, Nog, Kongo, etc.  THAT'S what makes for a great champion...not a padded record from fighting cans ::) 
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:02 AM »
Oh boo hoo hoo. Poor Frank Mir.

Maybe to satisfy the almighty Weight Fedor should crash his car into a tree and recieve surgery on his leg. Then he can get his ass kicked repeatedly every time he has a big fight and still remain a top 5 ranked HW.

Didn't you start a thread not too long ago about Shogun being brittle for having another knee surgery? Funny that Shogun wins all of his big fights despite having bad knees. Wait let me guess, you bought Frank Mir's leg cast off ebay so we don't know him the way you do-

I would like to see another fighter overcome what Mir has. Besides, when you fight the best you may lose here and there. When you hand choose #10 ranked guys when you are the #1 HW, what kind of challenge is that?

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:01:06 PM »
 ::) ::)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
I would like to see another fighter overcome what Mir has. Besides, when you fight the best you may lose here and there. When you hand choose #10 ranked guys when you are the #1 HW, what kind of challenge is that?

I know..... losing to Ian Freeman clearly is indicative of fighting the best (that was pre motorcylcle by the way).
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »
I know..... losing to Ian Freeman clearly is indicative of fighting the best (that was pre motorcylcle by the way).

And before he was champ and top ranked.

Want to bring up the past, using your bias, Werdum lost to Arvloski and now several years later he has barely landed a #10 spot and is now fighting for a sham belt against Fedor, a #1 ranked HWM

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »

Want to bring up the past, using your bias, Werdum lost to Arvloski and now several years later he has barely landed a #10 spot and is now fighting for a sham belt against Fedor, a #1 ranked HWM

Funny, you use Gonzaga to boost the resume of Carwin, yet Gonzaga lost to Werdum TWICE
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
Funny, you use Gonzaga to boost the resume of Carwin, yet Gonzaga lost to Werdum TWICE

Gonzaga wasn't ranked at the time...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 09:55:24 AM »
WOW

Exposed again as totally owned and contradicting himself at every turn.

Now your excuse is that Gonzaga wasn't ranked when he lost. How is it that rankings only matter when they support your irrational and illogical conclusions, but when they make you look stupid, they are irrelevant.

We had this same argument over Mir's record and Fedors record. In those threads, Tim Sylvia was a big win for Mir and irrelevant for Fedor despite being ranked very highly when he fought both of them. Same goes for Arlovski. Now Werdum beating Gonzaga twice doesn't matter because he wasn't ranked at the time?

GMFAB

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 10:15:08 AM »
WOW

Exposed again as totally owned and contradicting himself at every turn.

Now your excuse is that Gonzaga wasn't ranked when he lost. How is it that rankings only matter when they support your irrational and illogical conclusions, but when they make you look stupid, they are irrelevant.

We had this same argument over Mir's record and Fedors record. In those threads, Tim Sylvia was a big win for Mir and irrelevant for Fedor despite being ranked very highly when he fought both of them. Same goes for Arlovski. Now Werdum beating Gonzaga twice doesn't matter because he wasn't ranked at the time?

GMFAB

You shit-stains really like to twist things on here. The only time I used Gonzaga as an excuse was when one of the gimmicks on here Bezerk asked what HW has s fought top ranked opponets in his last fights. With Lesnar, Carwin is one of the guys who has been fighting top ranked guys.  Gonzaga was ranked when he fought Carwin. That is  all I was saying about Gonzaga.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
weight getting owned.. ;D ;D

man up an admit your just given excuses and using the Rankings when there convenient for you..

Fedor will win tonight by submission and Still be ranked #1

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 10:51:58 AM »

man up an admit your just given excuses and using the Rankings when there convenient for you..

Fedor will win tonight by submission and Still be ranked #1
:-[
Fedor is still #1. His post fight behavior was impeccable.
I feel sorry for Werdum in the rematch, hes might actually die.
Fedor may actually kill him, accidentley. lol.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 10:59:33 AM »
I'd love for someone to explain to me, in words, and without mentioning Fedor once, what exactly makes Brock Lesnar or Carwin the top HWs in the world. What is it that they've done, fighting-wise, to show that they're legit fighters. And no, that doesn't mean railing off the list of fighters they've beaten.

The nuthuggers will have trouble with that one.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 02:40:54 PM »

You're bring up the past using your bias (an excuse in the form of a motorcycle accident).  He was a heavily hyped, undefeated prospect at the time with just about the same amount of fights as Cock Chestnar.  You said when you fight the best you lose here and there, Frank Mir lost against someone that wasn't even ranked in the top 30 at heavyweight at the time.  Your Sherdog fight finder MMAmath is getting old and is frequently putting you in situations in which you end up with your foot in your mouth.
Predictions
 40/61

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 09:34:35 PM »
What is your point ???  Mir was told he would never walk again after shattering his leg in a motorcycle accident.  He took over a year off training, became an alcoholic and basically gave up on life.  Somehow he managed to turn it around and get himself back in the Octagon.  Unfortunately, he was not mentally or physically there yet and paid the price for it.  However, he persevered and turned his whole life and career around  by beating top heavyweights like Lesnar, Nog, Kongo, etc.  THAT'S what makes for a great champion...not a padded record from fighting cans ::) 

Next week on the Lifetime Movie Channel....the Frank Mir Story.   ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 06:39:06 AM »

Fedor will win lose tonight by submission and Still be ranked #1

Fixed.

Back to the drawing board for you.

It is a great time to be a MMA fan. We now have one premier org with one of the biggest HW fights in history coming up. No matter who wins with Carwin or Brock, the winner will rightfully deserve to be ranked #1.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »
You're bring up the past using your bias (an excuse in the form of a motorcycle accident).  He was a heavily hyped, undefeated prospect at the time with just about the same amount of fights as Cock Chestnar.  You said when you fight the best you lose here and there, Frank Mir lost against someone that wasn't even ranked in the top 30 at heavyweight at the time.  Your Sherdog fight finder MMAmath is getting old and is frequently putting you in situations in which you end up with your foot in your mouth.

Fedor just lost to a #10 ranked HW can. God that sounds good!

I expect an apology for the comments you have made in regards to my knowledge as of late.

As Fedor helped prove this weekend, never again will I expect anything less then praise from you Chump :o

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 01:33:13 PM »
Fedor just lost to a #10 ranked HW can. God that sounds good!

I expect an apology for the comments you have made in regards to my knowledge as of late

Ignorance is more like it, I've said it before, Werdum poses more of a threat stylistically to Fedor than Brock or Shane.  Werdum wouldve done the same to either fighter that is competing for the belt this weekend.  I forgot you don't have the capacity to understand any wrestler in the HW division would met the same fate.  You know what wrestling is right?  You know what BJJ is right?  Do the math and quit using fight finder as your claim to so called "knowledge".
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »
Ignorance is more like it, I've said it before, Werdum poses more of a threat stylistically to Fedor than Brock or Shane.  Werdum wouldve done the same to either fighter that is competing for the belt this weekend.  I forgot you don't have the capacity to understand any wrestler in the HW division would met the same fate.  You know what wrestling is right?  You know what BJJ is right?  Do the math and quit using fight finder as your claim to so called "knowledge".

Oh brother....seriously? So now Werdum is the best HW?

Any wrestler would have met the same fate? Really? Even when they outweigh the guy by 50+lbs of muscle, not to mention any other attributes.

Come on Chump, don't be so stupid. Your UFC hate is blatant in this post.

I am fine with whomever falls into the #1 spot after this weekend. They will have actually earned it by beating top contenders RECENTLY.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
I cant belive all the Cockspin / Weightpshr hate for Fedor, simply because he refuses to take danas dick in his mouth.  Weight has already bent over for dana several times, but Fedor refuses to do so, and weight hates him for it   :-X
I dont like twinks.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »
I cant belive all the Cockspin / Weightpshr hate for Fedor, simply because he refuses to take danas dick in his mouth.  Weight has already bent over for dana several times, but Fedor refuses to do so, and weight hates him for it   :-X

Here we go with the Dick N Ball talk again...

All this Fedor hate is done with now...He was exposed and lost his #1 ranking to a #10 ranked fighter.

That is fact. All this other crap about Dana and the UFC is just as irrelevant as Fedor is now.

Fedor will have to work his way back up, and rightfully so,  that will involve fighting UFC guys.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 06:44:01 PM »
How many will be on suicide watch after Saturday night?   ;D

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
Oh brother....seriously? So now Werdum is the best HW?

Any wrestler would have met the same fate? Really? Even when they outweigh the guy by 50+lbs of muscle, not to mention any other attributes.

Who said he's the #1 fighter in the world?  I said he is more of a threat to Fedor than the UFC HW champion.  Why you ask?  When you look at a fighter who's M.O. is to take guys down and jack off punch them, and you put him against a guy that is the best BJJ practioner in the HW division in all of MMA you get one result.  (FYI Werdum's BJJ is on another level than that of anyone in the UFC HW division including Mir and Nogiera, his accomplishments in sport BJJ and in MMA using that speak for themselves).  That's just using the realistic method of matching each fighters strengths against each other and leaving out the arbitrary paper rankings you rely on to support your whining.  This is MMA, not a bodybuilding contest, try watching MMA a few more months and maybe you'll realize that.
Predictions
 40/61