Author Topic: The fucking matrix  (Read 4640 times)

blazer000

• Getbig II
  • Get Crazy
The fucking matrix
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
ok, consider the bible, or any other religion, doctrine or anything else, or none at all...but..just a question

do you guys think, like in the matrix, that there is only one possible way for things to turn out, no matter what you do, what choice you make. think about it,even if you make a crazy choice in life,,,the result is the result, and it happened.  are things already cosmicly mapped out for us? do we even have a choice?

Persevere

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: The fucking matrix
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
yes this is the paradox that stupid religions cannot explain.

they say you have 'free will' and are responsible for what you do, choices you make and how you turn out etc...

yet at the same time say that god already has a plan for you, made you a certain way, and already knows exactly what is going to happen to you....so...therefore every choice you make/thing you do has already been scripted for you in advance.

maybe some bible thumper on here can have a crack at explaining this paradox...

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 06:00:06 PM »
ok, consider the bible, or any other religion, doctrine or anything else, or none at all...but..just a question

do you guys think, like in the matrix, that there is only one possible way for things to turn out, no matter what you do, what choice you make. think about it,even if you make a crazy choice in life,,,the result is the result, and it happened.  are things already cosmicly mapped out for us? do we even have a choice?

yes

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 06:13:40 PM »
It is said that animals run on instinct and humans make conscious choices.

Maybe when you make choices, you really are not making choices. You are just reacting to life circumstances in a way that is determined by how your brain is wired. When presented with a particular series of sensory inputs from the environment, your brain processes this information in its own unique way and reacts accordingly. There was not really any choice, you just thought there was.

Different people with different life experiences will have a brain that is wired differently and will react to a certain situation in different ways. This does not neccessarily mean they are making different concious decisions on how to behave in a certain situation. Their brain is just responding the only way it knows how due to it's unique structure.

If the workings of the entire universe can be summed up in a mathematical formula or algorithm, then the universe can be seen to be progressing according to a preditermined plan. But in quantum physics is is said that merely observing the universe introduces some randomness into the equation. So I don't know.

blazer000

• Getbig II
  • Get Crazy
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 10:53:11 PM »
i mean really

sad as it is to say,,i think about this ALL THE TIME,,, and funny that you mention it, because i have a graduate degree in computational theoretical chemistry which has a lot of quantum physics in it. and yes, the universe does flow towards randomness and chaos, but at the same time, like was mentioned above

supposedly God does not view time like we view time. He looks at our life as one big picture at one time ( or at least that's how my mind describes it) and, also supposedly, God knows everything about us and everything we would ever do even before we were born. This is what is taught by many christian faiths. IF this is all true, then is there really any decision at all? It makes it sound like we're just robots, or actors playing out a script written before what we conceive as time ever began. and that is depressing to me,,,for instance, yesterday, I hydroplaned on the interstate and slammed my 350z into the guard rail. now, i did not hit anyone else, and i was not harmed. in fact, the car was able to be driven away. BUT, just knowing that there was nothing I could have possibly done to prevent that accident mind fucks me like crazy
Persevere

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 12:38:47 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 03:44:42 AM »
I thought this was going to be about a complex fornication schedule. :(

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 07:54:43 AM »

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »
Hard to decide realy. If i go out and hit my finger with a hammer i made that choice. If i accidentaly hit it with a hammer, i didnt make that choice.
But i can still choose to not hit my finger on purpose. But then it was all planned out that my finger was not meant to be hit right. Kinda sounds like a cop out to dealing with reality.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
yes this is the paradox that stupid religions cannot explain.

they say you have 'free will' and are responsible for what you do, choices you make and how you turn out etc...

yet at the same time say that god already has a plan for you, made you a certain way, and already knows exactly what is going to happen to you....so...therefore every choice you make/thing you do has already been scripted for you in advance.

maybe some bible thumper on here can have a crack at explaining this paradox...

Man has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice - Ayn Rand

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »
God knows the future as if it were the past.

He knows every thought, and every word, and every event in advance.

I accept that.

I do have a few major questions though. Things I dont understand.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 03:04:13 PM »
No matter what happens, Jay Cutler will win the Olympia this year.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »
God knows the future as if it were the past.

He knows every thought, and every word, and every event in advance.

I accept that.

I do have a few major questions though. Things I dont understand.

you dont understand ANYTHING...........not even a little bit.........you dont have the capacity to.  it would be impossible for a human to even know if there is a "God" or not.  and in the case there is one, you would not have the capacity to understand his motivations and intentions...........it would be like an ant trying to understand the emotional workings of a human being

stop being an arrogant douche.............

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »
Hard to decide realy. If i go out and hit my finger with a hammer i made that choice. If i accidentaly hit it with a hammer, i didnt make that choice.
But i can still choose to not hit my finger on purpose. But then it was all planned out that my finger was not meant to be hit right. Kinda sounds like a cop out to dealing with reality.

The fact that you came in contact with a hammer mathamaticlly makes it possible for you to hit your finger with the object.  Many have argued that if a women wears a short skirt and walks down an alley alone at 2 in the morning and gets rapped or killed, then she deserved it and/or should have realized the outcome. So maybe the same could be true with anyone who picks up a hammer.

How many times have you thought about not stubbing your toe on an object right in front and seconds later you stub your toe anyway on said object? Or how many times have you seen someone yawn and you tell yourself that you are not going to yawn but seconds later cant help yourself?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »

you dont understand ANYTHING...........not even a little bit.........you dont have the capacity to.  it would be impossible for a human to even know if there is a "God" or not.  and in the case there is one, you would not have the capacity to understand his motivations and intentions...........it would be like an ant trying to understand the emotional workings of a human being

stop being an arrogant douche.............

what if God chose to reveal Himself to humans in a way that humans could understand? If God created the stars, moon, planets, sun, animals, plants, oxygen ect... Couldnt He communicate with the things that He made? What if He decided to reveal Himself to us (inspite of our cluelessness)

blazer000

• Getbig II
  • Get Crazy
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:23:05 AM »
the whole point i was getting to,,that i battle all the time is this

yes, i am a christian and i follow that faith  BUT

if you go by that and you go by the bible, ,,,,it actually says in the bible that God hates sin. IF you are not " saved " then when God looks at you all he sees is sin. So if a=b and b=c then a=c. God hates sinners. if you are not saved, God hates you. and since God looks at your whole life at one time, in one big picture, he knows if you are a sinner or saved, and he either eternally loves you or eternally hates you. you don't have a choice at heaven or hell, you don't have a choice at anything about your life.

but then God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only son,,,,,,,,

so which is it

does God love us or hate us

help me out
Persevere

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »
 are things already cosmicly mapped out for us? do we even have a choice?

every possibility that ws/is a possibility is a possibility.....although sometimes improbable...so there is a you somewhere on another earth...in another universe...living a different life....

there r 4 different types of paralllel universes...do your research
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 08:32:41 AM »
also..watch this..."the elegant universe"   ...alll about string theory...orrr M theory as its called now

[ Invalid YouTube link ]the+elegant+universe&aq=f
carpe` vaginum!

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »
are things already cosmicly mapped out for us? do we even have a choice?

Noobs shouldn't start threads on the G&O. So NO you DON"T have a choice mother fucker.   ;)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »
anyone tells you life is predetermined - punch them in the face as hard as you can. then when they wake up ask them why god made you do that to them.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 02:44:45 PM »
anyone tells you life is predetermined - punch them in the face as hard as you can. then when they wake up ask them why god made you do that to them.
Its a odd question. Like how is it that Edgar Cayce stated that parts of Atlantis would be found in the 1960s off the coast of the Bahamas, and sure enough, that is what happened. Bimini Road I think it's called. Or the fact that he said in the late 1990s that a Hall of Records would be found beneath paws of the Sphinx, sure enough that happened. He said this all around the 1920s. So, if life or destiny is not pretermined, how can one see this? Unless there is a predetermined "song" that is written, and it's up to us to put the music to it, so to speak. If we fuck up, it's on us, if not, it's on us. Our decision is one of to do or not to do. Either you take this path or you don't.

If you hadn't taken your path, would you have ended up the same way?

blazer000

• Getbig II
  • Get Crazy
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »
Noobs shouldn't start threads on the G&O. So NO you DON"T have a choice mother fucker.   ;)

dude,,i been on this site 4 years longer than you,,i may not have that many posts, but i'm not a noob. 2004 son.
Persevere