Author Topic: Rep John Boehnner wants to move social security age to 70  (Read 4428 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Rep John Boehnner wants to move social security age to 70
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 06:02:03 AM »
Yeah well we're forced to invest so we have something - but the markets behaving badly means that we're not saving as much as we should. :-\ Personally I'm not that worried, I'm a man of small needs - I don't spend when I don't have.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 06:03:54 AM »
Yeah well we're forced to invest so we have something - but the markets behaving badly means that we're not saving as much as we should. :-\ Personally I'm not that worried, I'm a man of small needs - I don't spend when I don't have.

Of course that is the way to be, the problem is that through inflation, most of the people reling on SS in this country are going to get clobbered regardless. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 06:08:48 AM »
Hmmm...I was under the impression that SS actually works.  Even in the movie that you posted, which I have seen several times, it is mentioned that the reason that SS is going broke is because politicians from both parties steal from it(that is what they do because they aren't supposed to touch it) to either pay for a program or to shore up the budget deficit.  It has nothing to do with it being a ponzi scheme.  Now that the baby boomers are retiring there aren't enough workers to create another surplus like there have been in the past. 

My conclusion, while I don't agree with SS, I think we should blame politicians that have literally stolen our money and wasted it.  If SS was left alone and left to grow then it would be a government program that actually works.  If you can change my mind with facts please do so, I still don't think that SS was sent up this way intentionally though...once again, the battle should be waged at the ballot box with BOTH parties that are responsible for this atrocity. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 06:11:14 AM »
Hmmm...I was under the impression that SS actually works.  Even in the movie that you posted, which I have seen several times, it is mentioned that the reason that SS is going broke is because politicians from both parties steal from it(that is what they do because they aren't supposed to touch it) to either pay for a program or to shore up the budget deficit.  It has nothing to do with it being a ponzi scheme.  Now that the baby boomers are retiring there aren't enough workers to create another surplus like there have been in the past. 

My conclusion, while I don't agree with SS, I think we should blame politicians that have literally stolen our money and wasted it.  If SS was left alone and left to grow then it would be a government program that actually works.  If you can change my mind with facts please do so, I still don't think that SS was sent up this way intentionally though...once again, the battle should be waged at the ballot box with BOTH parties that are responsible for this atrocity. 

Its too late for that.  We are too far gone already. 

tell me how we deal with this:   www.usdebtclock.org

BTW - I ordered a Benelli Supernova 28" yesterday.  Camo finish.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 06:16:10 AM »
Good/bad economic idea?

Good/bad politics idea?

If you're an older voter and this guy wants you to work 5 more years to get YOUR money, how do you feel?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20009192-503544.html

It has to be done.But they should grandfather it so those getting ready to collect in lets say  8 years can still collect.Then move it to 70.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »
Its too late for that.  We are too far gone already. 

tell me how we deal with this:   www.usdebtclock.org

BTW - I ordered a Benelli Supernova 28" yesterday.  Camo finish.   

I know...but I'm not going to blame the LBJ for creating a ponzi scheme when that isn't the cause of the demise of SS...it is the fault of stupid politicians from both parties being typical crooks with Americans' money. 

How do you like it?  Have you broken it down and cleaned it yet? That gun should last you a lifetime so you can pass it on to your grandkids. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 06:30:23 AM »
SS should have been switched to an individualized account long ago...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 06:33:35 AM »
I know...but I'm not going to blame the LBJ for creating a ponzi scheme when that isn't the cause of the demise of SS...it is the fault of stupid politicians from both parties being typical crooks with Americans' money. 

How do you like it?  Have you broken it down and cleaned it yet? That gun should last you a lifetime so you can pass it on to your grandkids. 

1.  FDR created SS and its actually not in as bad a shape as Medicaire, which LBJ did set up. 

2.  I have not gotten it yet.  I had to find a dealer in Long Island since they told me Benelli will only do busainess with dealers who do a huge volume of shotguns every year.   

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 06:51:19 AM »
I was talking to an older man around a month ago, he's probably sixty something.  It was his opinion that the age 65 was appropriate years ago when people weren't living such long healthy lives, but we should kick it back to around 70 now.

:P
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 08:25:41 AM »
if youre over 50, it doesnt affect you.  You get yours at 65 or whatever.

If you're under 50, you don't get it til 70.

Boehnner pandering to older voters ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 08:32:42 AM »
never liked boehnner, what scares me is I could see this guy running for pres or vp and oh the nick names we would hear

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 08:33:13 AM »
if youre over 50, it doesnt affect you.  You get yours at 65 or whatever.

If you're under 50, you don't get it til 70.

Boehnner pandering to older voters ;)

At least he is trying.NBetter then hearing Obama scream "republicans want old people to eat dog food".

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »

I agree with you. SS would have worked were it not for the politicians dipping into it. It does not help that the USA is fighting these wars abroad - wars that are driven by the military industrial complex to enrich a few elites. It really does not have any benefits for main street. In fact look at all these jobs lost through outsourcing and globalization. This is a mess guys. The jobs have not returned and now millions of people are out of work and can't find a decent job.

On CNN's front page they had an article on a cancer survivor that is unemployed and unable to find a job. Some of the comments on the article were very revealing. One asshole suggested they legalize prostitution so she can go work as a whore. He said though he would not want to "hit it" somebody out there would. What a fucking disgrace that piece of shit is. Really main street should not be turning on each other. Perhaps this fucktard has a cozy gubment job??

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 08:48:56 AM »
We should begin the process of ending SS immediately.  There could be a prorated system to make it fair, using a formula of [(Your Age-18)/47] as a percentage of what you pay in and receive at age 65.  If you're currently 18, you pay in nothing and receive nothing.  If you're 50, you begin paying in 68% and receive 68% at 65 years old.  

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
I blame women. They marry guys 5-10 years older, drive the poor bastard into the ground, then collect his SS for 25 years.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 11:08:25 AM »
1.  FDR created SS and its actually not in as bad a shape as Medicaire, which LBJ did set up. 

2.  I have not gotten it yet.  I had to find a dealer in Long Island since they told me Benelli will only do busainess with dealers who do a huge volume of shotguns every year.   

1.  My bad, wrong prez.  I knew it was one of the two.   ;D

2.  That's Benelli for you.  The more expensive companies are like that in this industry.  When will you get it?  You will have to give me an update when you do.  I'm saving up for my first 1911 now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
1.  My bad, wrong prez.  I knew it was one of the two.   ;D

2.  That's Benelli for you.  The more expensive companies are like that in this industry.  When will you get it?  You will have to give me an update when you do.  I'm saving up for my first 1911 now.

Hopefully soon.  They had a black composite model in stock bit I want the camo version as I have a black 870, AR, Saiga 12, two glocks, 10/22, .22 marlin, GSG 5, Beretta 92B, Walther PPK, Beretta Bobcat, etc. 

So they said it will be either a week or a month if the thing has to come from the factory in Italy. 

I paid a little more for the camo finish, but thats fine, its a local place and I dont mind paying a little more. 

As for the 1911 - i am still trying to get a SA Operator Olive Drab color.  The place I got the Benelli has an SA .308 M1 in olive drab, but I like the Socom 2 16" better.