Author Topic: Everyone's in to MMA these days.. now my own friend.. oh lord..!!!  (Read 4567 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Everyone's in to MMA these days.. now my own friend.. oh lord..!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
winning a battle of words is quite thrilling

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
They actually start the "new, cool thing to do generation mma warriors" off at my gym with grappling....most ALL of them quit after a couple classes.

Most avg joe's who weekend warrior mma as a fad have zero discipline and don't have the desire to actually learn imo....they just want to get in the cage and be seen throwing kicks and punches, youtube it, capture it on their camera phone, bring in friends to see them...etc

The younger guys (late teens) at least understand how important grappling is (some of them), so they can be worked with but they do the same sh*t...it's a freaking show to them. Hey look at me...look what I do.

yep. mma is filled with more posers than any other sport.

a guy at my gym is one of these guy. One time he pretended to be a bodybuilder, sterted juicing (trained like shit) and was still weak and small. After that it was krav maga, supposedly he could kill me in one second if he wanted to. And now ofcourse he's in to mma. Wears a t-shit 'CAGE FIGHTER' with huge letters yes seriously.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 10:21:42 AM »
yep. mma is filled with more posers than any other sport.

a guy at my gym is one of these guy. One time he pretended to be a bodybuilder, sterted juicing (trained like shit) and was still weak and small. After that it was krav maga, supposedly he could kill me in one second if he wanted to. And now ofcourse he's in to mma. Wears a t-shit 'CAGE FIGHTER' with huge letters yes seriously.
That's what kills me with MMA. Since the reality show came out everyone thinks they can be a fighter. When boxing was in the hight of it's popularity, do you remember evryone all the sudden wanting to be a boxer? Don't think so.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 10:38:04 AM »
soooome vert strange filters applied also which makes it look cartoonish, the guy in the background arm for example

well, photo quality aside, do you think his physique is ready for a full length MMA fight?  :(

Smages

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »
PIC IS SHANE CARWIN.    ::)

spinnis

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »
well, photo quality aside, do you think his physique is ready for a full length MMA fight?  :(

....stop....trolling....

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 01:49:13 PM »
That's what kills me with MMA. Since the reality show came out everyone thinks they can be a fighter. When boxing was in the hight of it's popularity, do you remember evryone all the sudden wanting to be a boxer? Don't think so.

Funny you mention this because it's absolutely true. There is no short cuting around boxing...no overnight "camp" to get you ready ......you get in there you better damn well know how to box. 

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
What about Wanderlei Silva  45-10 record? and he has the most beat up face EVER.

And therte is a huge difference in damage from mma glvoes then boxing.. epsecially if they compete in valetudo or some shit then there arent even any gloves lol.
Sure boxing gloves hits hard, but doesnt do close to the same damage to the face imo.

You are crazy

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 03:21:43 PM »
Funny you mention this because it's absolutely true. There is no short cuting around boxing...no overnight "camp" to get you ready ......you get in there you better damn well know how to box. 

Exactly

Boxing is a craft that takes years to develop, that's why I believe that the standard of MMA in terms of skill is far lower than boxing

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »
Exactly

Boxing is a craft that takes years to develop, that's why I believe that the standard of MMA in terms of skill is far lower than boxing

boxing is beautiful. I love it. It's just something about the chess match that I love....even in sparring. It's magnificent.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »
PIC IS SHANE CARWIN.    ::)

You win the prize.. bingo!  :D

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »
and yes the photo is morphed and edited and all kinds of shit

i believe it is picture of shane carwins body
irongearco.com