Author Topic: New Jobless Claims rise "unexpectedly" as businesses increase lay-offs.  (Read 702 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
New jobless claims rise unexpectedly
Employers lay off more workers, especially in housing marketAdvertisement | ad info
www.msnbc.com

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____

WASHINGTON — Initial claims for unemployment benefits rose last week for the second time in three weeks, a sign that layoffs are rising.

The Labor Department says new claims for jobless benefits jumped by 13,000 to a seasonally adjusted 472,000. Analysts expected a small drop, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters.

Greater layoffs by construction firms contributed to the increase, a Labor Department analyst said. Home sales slumped last month after the expiration of a popular homebuyer tax credit. Summer layoffs in many school districts also added to the total.

The number of people continuing to claim benefits rose by 43,000 to 4.6 million, the department said. But the number of people collecting extended benefits fell by 376,000, as lawmakers have refused to continue the extra aid.

________________________ ________________________ __

"unexpected" ? ? ?  -  ha ha ha ha ha! ! ! ! !

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This is, what, the 5th, 6th, 7th straight month of "unexpected" job losses?

And, Obama and Biden are touring the country, talking about "Summer of Recovery"!!

Has the President reverted to his crack habit?

Edit - My fault....that was regular cocaine.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
This is, what, the 5th, 6th, 7th straight month of "unexpected" job losses?

And, Obama and Biden are touring the country, talking about "Summer of Recovery"!!

Has the President reverted to his crack habit?

Edit - My fault....that was regular cocaine.

War is Peace, Lies are Truth and it's all stranger than fiction.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
War is Peace, Lies are Truth and it's all stranger than fiction.

Did you see Obama's speech yesterday in Racine WI? 

I honestly think he is doing blow again. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It could be worse,UE could be at 15%.What a tool this dickhead is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The U6 number is at 16.7% and going up. 

Question for everyone - is Obama doing blow again?

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Mugabe of Zimbabwe will also tell his people it could be worse. When they complain about not having water he probably says "it could be worse, you could be dead."

USA is fast becoming nothing but a banana republic. No accountability, no transparency, incompetence, corruption, false claims of performance. It would be nice if these crackpots were removed "physically" from their pedestals. It would be nice if they were taken down a notch.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Mugabe of Zimbabwe will also tell his people it could be worse. When they complain about not having water he probably says "it could be worse, you could be dead."

USA is fast becoming nothing but a banana republic. No accountability, no transparency, incompetence, corruption, false claims of performance. It would be nice if these crackpots were removed "physically" from their pedestals. It would be nice if they were taken down a notch.

Great post.  Truer words have not been spoken in a long time. 

Like I said yesterday:  "Obama 2012 - at least you are still alive"   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Whats incredible is he says this with a straight face and the lib media NEVER EVER does one fact check or calls him out on anything.How about when he says "every economist says the stimulus is working" on the very day the Wall Street Journal ran an article with the headline "THE STIMULUS HAS FAILED",written by an economist.The guy is a liar a fraud and just an evil evil man hell bent on wrecking the country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Cue in 240, Straw, Al Doggity, Danny, Lurker, Benny, Blacken, mons, et al to tell us how great the Stim Bill was. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

It IS 15% in Racine, Winsconsin, where Obama gave his silly speech to a hand-picked audience.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It IS 15% in Racine, Winsconsin, where Obama gave his silly speech to a hand-picked audience.

I posted two articles of how Obama killed a few thousands jobs in Racine alone. 

If they voted for him and still support him, they deserve to lose their jobs. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Cue in 240, Straw, Al Doggity, Danny, Lurker, Benny, Blacken, mons, et al to tell us how great the Stim Bill was. 

The stim bill was only a 77.83838% failure.  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
The stim bill was only a 77.83838% failure.  ::)

You mean you you arent riding Benny's cornhole into the night anymore?

Fury

• Getbig V
You mean you you arent riding Benny's cornhole into the night anymore?

You're quite infatuated with me.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
You're quite infatuated with me.

You were sucking off his nut sack not long ago, proclaiming that I shouldn't be showing my face around here because I embarrassed myself to you two brainiacs. hahaha

Fury

• Getbig V
You were sucking off his nut sack not long ago, proclaiming that I shouldn't be showing my face around here because I embarrassed myself to you two brainiacs. hahaha

How cute, you think you're a somebody on an internet forum. Hahahaha.