Author Topic: Children plead with Iranian govt. not to stone their mother.  (Read 748 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
'Help us save our mother': Pleas from the children of 'adulterous' Iranian woman who faces death by stoning

By MICHAEL THEODOULOU
Last updated at 4:12 AM on 2nd July 2010
Comments (225)
Add to My Stories

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani faces death by stoning after being convicted of adultery

An Iranian woman faces death by stoning after being convicted of adultery.

Amnesty International yesterday called on the Iranian authorities to halt the imminent execution of mother-of-two Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani and the hanging of another woman said to be a political activist.

Ashtiani was convicted of having an ‘illicit relationship’ with two men in May 2006 and received 99 lashes as her sentence.

Despite this, she has also been convicted of adultery and sentenced to death by stoning.

The 43-year-old has retracted a ‘confession’ she said was made under duress.

Appealing for help to the international community, her daughter, Farideh, 16, and son, Sajad, 20, said yesterday: ‘Please help end this nightmare and do not let it turn into a reality. Help us save our mother.’

Under Iran’s Islamic penal code, adultery is punishable by stoning to death or flogging, while hanging is the penalty for murder and other crimes such as drug trafficking.

Stoning sentences were widely carried out after Iran’s 1979 Islamic Revolution, but have been rare in recent years.

Men killed in this way are buried to the waist, while women are buried deeper, to stop the stones hitting their breasts.

If a prisoner manages to pull free during a stoning, he or she is acquitted or jailed, but is not executed. It is easier for a man to drag himself free because he is not buried so deeply.

In December 2008 a man convicted of adultery escaped death by stoning by dragging himself out of the pit he had been buried in for the punishment.

But two other alleged male adulterers were killed by the barbaric method in the same incident, which took place in the north-eastern city of Mashhad.

Iranian activists against stoning say it is not prescribed in the Koran.

Iran has the highest execution rate in the world.

Amnesty International has recorded 126 executions between January and June – among them five political prisoners.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1291166/Iranian-mother-faces-death-stoning-convicted-adultery.html#ixzz0sXvGi5G1

Yet another example of what a progressive, modern society the Iranian tyrants in the govt. are creating.  ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Children plead with Iranian govt. not to stone their mother.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
The Iranians are just misunderstood.  We should actually give them an extra vote on the U.N.'s human rights commission...right after they stone this woman to death.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:23 PM »
YEA  STOP TALKING BAD ABOUT THESE NICE PEOPLE
down with hussein

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »
Skip,

We understand each other just fine.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 03:55:51 PM »

Men killed in this way are buried to the waist, while women are buried deeper, to stop the stones hitting their breasts.

If a prisoner manages to pull free during a stoning, he or she is acquitted or jailed, but is not executed. It is easier for a man to drag himself free because he is not buried so deeply.

So humane..

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
gosh this heart warming story makes me want to convert to islam and open our boarders (even more than they are)  and invite these peace loving people over for dinner ;D
down with hussein

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
gosh this heart warming story makes me want to convert to islam and open our boarders (even more than they are)  and invite these peace loving people over for dinner ;D

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say letting the Taliban fight Mexicans at the border is a bad idea. :) With our luck the Mexicans would convert and we'd lose half the country in a day or so. :)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:51 PM »
Something I mentioned in another topic, would muslims (or any religious nutjob who put "religious law" above all else) who go to other countries and commit crimes prefer to be punished by islamic law (stoning, hanging, cutting off arms etc) or by the laws of that land? (maybe a couple of weeks in prison, if that). Because it seems like they hate the "foreign land's" culture and people so much (they refuse to integrate and abide by the law), yet I doubt they'd prefer that their crimes be dealt with an islamic punishment.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 04:06:32 PM »
It's amusing how offended some are by Gitmo considering it's far nicer than what treatment one of the detainees would get under Sharia law.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
It's amusing how offended some are by Gitmo considering it's far nicer than what treatment one of the detainees would get under Sharia law.

just more political correctness double standard
down with hussein

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »
The Iranians are just misunderstood.  We should actually give them an extra vote on the U.N.'s human rights commission...right after they stone this woman to death.

Hahaha, that would be a stellar idea. The seats Iran, Libya and the other Muslim countries are holding on the U.N.'s human rights council are well deserved.  ::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
Should we start correcting China's human rights misdeeds next?

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
I wonder if this story also sends tingles up chris matthews legs :D
down with hussein

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 04:33:12 PM »
Should we start correcting China's human rights misdeeds next?

Having a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Council should require that your country actually, you know, have a good human rights record and not do things like hang homosexuals, stone women to death and commit mass murder of your citizens when they protest election results, all of which would be considered violations of human rights in the eyes of most countries.  But who am I kidding, it's terrific that countries like Libya and the other egregious violators of human rights in the Muslim world are helping to dictate policy to the rest of us.

Care to take another stab at being a snarky douche that thinks he knows what he's talking about?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 04:37:17 PM »
Having a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Council should require that your country actually, you know, have a good human rights record and not do things like hang homosexuals, stone women to death and commit mass murder of your citizens when they protest election results, all of which would be considered violations of human rights in the eyes of most countries.  But who am I kidding, it's terrific that countries like Libya and the other egregious violators of human rights in the Muslim world are helping to dictate policy to the rest of us.

Care to take another stab at being a snarky douche that thinks he knows what he's talking about?

You learned a new word!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
You learned a new word!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

And you're still a chiropractor trying to act like a pretentious douche on topics that you have no clue about!!!!!!  ;D ;D

Thanks for playing. Looking forward to seeing you embarrass yourself in another one of my threads next week.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 02:35:59 PM »
So humane..

Absolutely ridiculous isn't it?
I had to stop, pause and re-read that sentence just to make sure I'd actually read what I thought I did.
w