Author Topic: gatorade with whey protein for post workout drink?  (Read 2986 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
gatorade with whey protein for post workout drink?
« on: July 03, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »
i've been taking pro form's ignition with my proform whey protein, but wondering couldn't i just use gatorade mixed in with my whey protein for my post workout drink?

the whey protein i use is tropical flavors (watermelon, fruit punch, etc.) so it would probably mix well and taste right with any flavor gatorade.

the ignition i use is 38.00 roughly a month, just wondering if gatorade would not only work just as well, but be cheaper in the long run?

i lift mon, tues, thurs, friday, so basically it would be 4 gatorade bottles a week with my whey protein?

don't know if gatorade has enough simple sugars grams though that i/you need for post workout? would i have to drink the large gatorade bottles not the supposed to be 1 single serving bottle size? thanks in advance for the replies!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: gatorade with whey protein for post workout drink?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »
fine,,also u could pick up a powdered non tasting carb drink twin lab and muscle milk makes brand muscle monster with added aminos.few scoops and then add whey .

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:14:42 PM »
Forget the product itself...

Im a capitalist but there is a big part of me that would rather support a company in the bodybuilding and supplement biz...gatorade just aint one of em...thats just me though.

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 02:44:22 PM »
i've got powerade and gatorade powder that i use in my pwo shake as a means to increase caloric intake.. i got lemon lime powerade and blue gatorade that i change up depending on which one i crave.. they mix well w/ fruit flavored whey