Author Topic: advice! training each bodypart only once a week? how can that work?  (Read 11938 times)

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
Re: advice! training each bodypart only once a week? how can that work?
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 04:38:10 PM »
One muscle group a day, per week, has worked very well for a lot of men. In the past and present.  Usually 15 sets were done each workout, broken down to 3 exercises of 5 sets each for a specific muscle area. Mainly 6 days a week.

Giving a loose example here. Change to whatever suits ones needs. Important to remember that no two major muscle groups were ever worked together or on the same day. Pretty basic stuff really.

Monday...chest- bench, incline, flys
Tuesday...biceps- BB curl, DB curl, incline curl
Weds....Legs- squats, leg press, leg curls
Thurs....Shoulders- front press, DB press, lateral raise
Friday...Back- lat pulldown, DB row, DL
Saturday...Tricep- press downs, DB French press, Skull Crushers

Would throw in abs and calves probably twice to three times a week unless a special program was designed for them.

Also doing things like GVT (10X10's) worked well. With only one major compound exercise being done on a workout day.

Example:

Monday...chest- bench
Wed...legs-squat
Fri..back-DL
Weekends rest.

Good Luck.

I had the best results with this method also!

I tryed 2x a week and after 2 mo started to feel over trained. It's the intensity that makes the difference, you can turn a few sets into more than enough of a work out if you go all out.

If you slack than it will take more sets to do the same thing.
But I've found high intensity 30-45min work outs to work the best. Granted i have a high metabolism also so I have to be careful not to over expend calories if I'm going to put on size.
P