Author Topic: IS THERE A GOD? WHAT IS BEYOND OUR UNIVERSE?  (Read 11561 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: IS THERE A GOD? WHAT IS BEYOND OUR UNIVERSE?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:19 AM »
Have you ever owned a pet?

I don't think there is any way for us to know this by observation.  For instance can you know when even a person is "pondering" God?

have any of thse animals appeared to be praying?.....have any of them built a church?

theonlyone

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »
No one governs human life on earth....it is up to we humans to do this for ourselves...it is the great gift that has been given to us...we are able to think for ourselves..we don't need a God to rule over us....The other animals on earth do not look up to a God and they are doing fine....we have to make the world into what we want it to be.,..it can be either paradise..or hell...its up to us...

I quote a very big Russian thinker, not Dostoevsky

but in order to govern, one needs, after all, to have a precise
plan for certain, at least somewhat decent, length of time. Allow me to ask
you, then, how man can govern, if he is not only deprived of the opportunity
of making a plan for at least some ridiculously short period - well, say, a
thousand years - but cannot even vouch for his own tomorrow?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »
have any of thse animals appeared to be praying?.....have any of them built a church?

I pray when I'm driving my car, doing cardio, etc.  I probably don't appear to be praying.

I've never physically built a church but am aware of God.

R

theonlyone

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
 Why did andreisdaman go suddenly silent??? Plan didn't work?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »
Why did andreisdaman go suddenly silent??? Plan didn't work?

I am not silent.....I guess God must be ageless since he has been watching us for billions upon billions of years and guiding us all this time

theonlyone

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 02:11:22 AM »

I am not silent.....I guess God must be ageless since he has been watching us for billions upon billions of years and guiding us all this time

Dostoevskiy quote
  -- Нам вот всё представляется вечность как идея, которую понять
    нельзя, что-то огромное, огромное! Да почему же непременно огромное?
    И вдруг, вместо всего этого, представьте себе, будет там одна
    комнатка, эдак вроде деревенской бани, закоптелая, а по всем углам
    пауки, и вот и вся вечность.

Translated from the Crime and Punishment

"We're always thinking of eternity as an idea that cannot be understood, something immense. But why must it be? What if, instead of all this, you suddenly find just a little room there, something like a village bath-house, grimy, and spiders in every corner, and that's all eternity is. Sometimes, you know, I can't help feeling that that's what it is."

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 09:26:29 AM »
Dostoevskiy quote
  -- Нам вот всё представляется вечность как идея, которую понять
    нельзя, что-то огромное, огромное! Да почему же непременно огромное?
    И вдруг, вместо всего этого, представьте себе, будет там одна
    комнатка, эдак вроде деревенской бани, закоптелая, а по всем углам
    пауки, и вот и вся вечность.

Translated from the Crime and Punishment

"We're always thinking of eternity as an idea that cannot be understood, something immense. But why must it be? What if, instead of all this, you suddenly find just a little room there, something like a village bath-house, grimy, and spiders in every corner, and that's all eternity is. Sometimes, you know, I can't help feeling that that's what it is."

you only quote philosophy..where is your proof?  where is God if he exists???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 09:45:13 AM »
where is your proof God doesnt exist?

theonlyone

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »

"One cannot prove anything here, but it is possible to be convinced.'

How? By what?'

By the experience of active love. Try to love your neighbors actively and tirelessly. The more you succeed in loving, the more you'll be convinced of the existence of God and the immortality of your soul. And if you reach complete selflessness in the love of your neighbor, then undoubtedly you will believe, and no doubt will even be able to enter your soul. This has been tested. It is certain...
Active love is a harsh and fearful thing compared with love in dreams. Love in dreams thirsts for immediate action, quickly performed, and with everyone watching. Indeed, it will go as far as the giving even of one's life, provided it does not take long but is soon over, as on stage, and everyone is looking on and praising. Whereas active love is labor and perseverance, and for some people, perhaps, a whole science...in that very moment when you see with horror that despite all your efforts, you not only have not come nearer your goal but seem to have gotten farther from it, at that very moment...you will suddenly reach your goal and will clearly behold over you the wonder-working power of the Lord, who all the while has been loving you, and all the while has been mysteriously guiding you."

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky (The Brothers Karamazov)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
where is your proof God doesnt exist?

I don't have to prove the unseen..you do..since you are the one proposing he is real

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »
"One cannot prove anything here, but it is possible to be convinced.'

How? By what?'

By the experience of active love. Try to love your neighbors actively and tirelessly. The more you succeed in loving, the more you'll be convinced of the existence of God and the immortality of your soul. And if you reach complete selflessness in the love of your neighbor, then undoubtedly you will believe, and no doubt will even be able to enter your soul. This has been tested. It is certain...
Active love is a harsh and fearful thing compared with love in dreams. Love in dreams thirsts for immediate action, quickly performed, and with everyone watching. Indeed, it will go as far as the giving even of one's life, provided it does not take long but is soon over, as on stage, and everyone is looking on and praising. Whereas active love is labor and perseverance, and for some people, perhaps, a whole science...in that very moment when you see with horror that despite all your efforts, you not only have not come nearer your goal but seem to have gotten farther from it, at that very moment...you will suddenly reach your goal and will clearly behold over you the wonder-working power of the Lord, who all the while has been loving you, and all the while has been mysteriously guiding you."

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky (The Brothers Karamazov)

again...very nice philosophy..thanks for posting it..it is beautiful....but it is not proof that God exists...sorry

theonlyone

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 11:45:45 AM »
again...very nice philosophy..thanks for posting it..it is beautiful....but it is not proof that God exists...sorry

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=370228.0

One day you'll be dead. There is not proof as of yet but it's a fact!!!! I'm hoping this conception is not beyond of your grasp of understanding...chill!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 11:47:12 AM »

I don't have to prove the unseen..you do..since you are the one proposing he is real
LOL a common fallacy...you see, you assert that God doesnt exist but cant prove it...I assert God does exist but cant prove it. So where does that leave us?

it leaves us not knowing, or in other words RIGHT BACK WHERE WE WERE BEFORE YOU STARTED THIS THREAD...

abscence of proof for my argument doesnt prove your argument brother man, thats science...you know that thing you like to use to try and justify your argument?

you need to follow it in all cases not just when it suits your point of view

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 12:03:36 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=370228.0

One day you'll be dead. There is not proof as of yet but it's a fact!!!! I'm hoping this conception is not beyond of your grasp of understanding...chill!

you are stating the obvious...everything dies.....still not proof of God..keep trying

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
LOL a common fallacy...you see, you assert that God doesnt exist but cant prove it...I assert God does exist but cant prove it. So where does that leave us?

it leaves us not knowing, or in other words RIGHT BACK WHERE WE WERE BEFORE YOU STARTED THIS THREAD...

abscence of proof for my argument doesnt prove your argument brother man, thats science...you know that thing you like to use to try and justify your argument?

you need to follow it in all cases not just when it suits your point of view

Dude...scientifically you cannot make up a hypothesis and then say you have no proof to prove it.....I am not trying to prove anything....because I say there is no such thing....you are the one making the hypothesis therefore YOU must prove your hypothesis is real...the burden of proof is on you.....

theonlyone

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:16 PM »
you are stating the obvious...everything dies.....still not proof of God..keep trying

What proof do you want? God's balls or beard to touch?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 12:13:21 PM »
What proof do you want? God's balls or beard to touch?

you are really sure that God has a beard and Balls aren't you????

theonlyone

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 12:17:49 PM »
you are really sure that God has a beard and Balls aren't you????

Yes Jesus Christ had balls and beard. That's God!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 12:18:39 PM »
Yes Jesus Christ had balls and beard. That's God!

Jesus Christ was NOT the son of God..you have to prove that as well...sorry

theonlyone

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »
Jesus Christ was NOT the son of God..you have to prove that as well...sorry

redirect! because I don't think I will tell better
 http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=370228.0          keep trying mere mortal

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »
Dude...scientifically you cannot make up a hypothesis and then say you have no proof to prove it.....I am not trying to prove anything....because I say there is no such thing....you are the one making the hypothesis therefore YOU must prove your hypothesis is real...the burden of proof is on you.....
LMAO ok lets try this again...

you see you are indeed making an hypothesis...b/c you are saying that God doesnt exist that is your hypothesis. The opposing hypothesis is mine with me saying that God does exist.

so with these 2 hypotheses(or however you spell it) we have the null and the alternative. Simply not having proof of one of them doesnt prove the other...

so yes you are indeed making an hypothesis otherwise you would state the default point of view "YOU DONT KNOW"...not that God doesnt exist.

so please give us your proof...again ABSCENCE OF PROOF FOR MY ARGUMENT DOESNT PROVE YOURS!!!!

hope this helps

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »
LMAO ok lets try this again...

you see you are indeed making an hypothesis...b/c you are saying that God doesnt exist that is your hypothesis. The opposing hypothesis is mine with me saying that God does exist.

so with these 2 hypotheses(or however you spell it) we have the null and the alternative. Simply not having proof of one of them doesnt prove the other...

so yes you are indeed making an hypothesis otherwise you would state the default point of view "YOU DONT KNOW"...not that God doesnt exist.

so please give us your proof...again ABSCENCE OF PROOF FOR MY ARGUMENT DOESNT PROVE YOURS!!!!

hope this helps

I disagree with you..I am not posing a scientific question....it is philosophical....I am not saying that God created the universe and us..you seem to be saying that.....I don't have to prove anything.....I am not posing a scientific question..I am not saying that this or that created the universe and heres why......you offer no proof whatsoever to back up your assertion that there is a God that created the universe.....and that this God is a sentient being....please stop arguing with me about semantics and list your proof that God exists in the very next post you make

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »

I disagree with you..I am not posing a scientific question....it is philosophical....I am not saying that God created the universe and us..you seem to be saying that.....I don't have to prove anything.....I am not posing a scientific question..I am not saying that this or that created the universe and heres why......you offer no proof whatsoever to back up your assertion that there is a God that created the universe.....and that this God is a sentient being....please stop arguing with me about semantics and list your proof that God exists in the very next post you make
you are asserting that God didnt create the universe, so therefor you do have to prove your point...

again in SCIENCE not proving one hypothesis doesnt proof the alternative hypothesis...

SORRY andre thats SCIENCE!!!

if you want to change your stance to saying you dont know if God exists that fine then you dont have anything to prove but your making an assertion same as me broham.

theonlyone

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 02:47:46 AM »

translation - I can understand only what I can see

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see.
  Leonardo da Vinci

You're the 3'rd!!!

theonlyone

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 02:52:33 AM »
 andreisdaman is not dead as of yet as that is not obvious nor there is a proof of it! But that clown will be dead soon! Fact!!!