Author Topic: Holder & DOJ to review BART shooting. (But not the Black Panthers!)  (Read 4071 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
US Justice Department to review BART shooting.
Updated at 06:44 AM todayRelated VideoAll Live Video : All Video »             Courtroom reaction to Mehserle verdict

LOS ANGELES -- The U.S. Department of Justice will conduct an independent review of the Johannes Mehserle case in order to determine whether or not the shooting merits federal prosecution, according the department.

Johannes Mehserle trial

"The Justice Department has been closely monitoring the state's investigation and prosecution," the department said in a statement.

"The Civil Rights Division, the U.S. Attorney's Office, and the FBI have an open investigation into the fatal shooting and, at the conclusion of the state's prosecution, will conduct an independent review of the facts and circumstances to determine whether the evidence warrants federal prosecution."

Congresswoman Barbara Lee, D-Oakland, said she has been in touch with the justice department.

"I remain in close contact with the Department of Justice and will continue to work with them, the family and the community in the days ahead," she said in a statement.

The statement also addressed local reactions to the Mehserle verdict.

"Understandably there is grave concern in the community," Lee said. "However, during this time our city must come together peacefully so that we can begin to heal."

Lee said she stands with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums, the City Council and community leaders in supporting people who want to express themselves.

uReport:
Take part in the news. Send videos and photos to uReport@kgo-tv.com, or visit uReport.abc7news.com.

Stay with ABC7NEWS.COM for more on this developing story throughout the day.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Feast_bay&id=7545102

________________________ ________________________ ________

WWWTTFFF????

This guy was tried by a jury of his peers. 

And the DOJ won't go after the obvious crime in the black panther mess.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: Holder & DOJ to review BART shooting. (But not the Black Panthers!)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:56:55 AM »
What "Black Panther mess" are you talking about?
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »
What "Black Panther mess" are you talking about?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:58 AM »
Blacks can't be racist.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 08:09:35 AM »
Just keep it up. They have never seen white people riot and it will not be a pretty picture. Even some blacks know this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
Every single buddy of mine in the last two years have gone for their CCW and bought AR's, Shotguns, etc. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 08:20:38 AM »
US Justice Department to review BART shooting.
Updated at 06:44 AM todayRelated VideoAll Live Video : All Video »             Courtroom reaction to Mehserle verdict

LOS ANGELES -- The U.S. Department of Justice will conduct an independent review of the Johannes Mehserle case in order to determine whether or not the shooting merits federal prosecution, according the department.

Johannes Mehserle trial

"The Justice Department has been closely monitoring the state's investigation and prosecution," the department said in a statement.

"The Civil Rights Division, the U.S. Attorney's Office, and the FBI have an open investigation into the fatal shooting and, at the conclusion of the state's prosecution, will conduct an independent review of the facts and circumstances to determine whether the evidence warrants federal prosecution."

Congresswoman Barbara Lee, D-Oakland, said she has been in touch with the justice department.

"I remain in close contact with the Department of Justice and will continue to work with them, the family and the community in the days ahead," she said in a statement.

The statement also addressed local reactions to the Mehserle verdict.

"Understandably there is grave concern in the community," Lee said. "However, during this time our city must come together peacefully so that we can begin to heal."

Lee said she stands with Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums, the City Council and community leaders in supporting people who want to express themselves.

uReport:
Take part in the news. Send videos and photos to uReport@kgo-tv.com, or visit uReport.abc7news.com.

Stay with ABC7NEWS.COM for more on this developing story throughout the day.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Feast_bay&id=7545102

WWWTTFFF????

And the DOJ won't go after the obvious crime in the black panther mess.

I will give you a chance to explain your rationale of comparing SECURITY GUARDS at a Philadelphia polling station to a man being OPENLY EXECUTED by a white San Francisco cop which was recorded by passengers and video cameras? Please show me the relevence of equating these two scenarios...
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 08:25:22 AM »
Just keep it up. They have never seen white people riot and it will not be a pretty picture. Even some blacks know this.

YAWN...

A white can not even arrange a tea party rally without fighting with one another....you see your own as far greater than what they are. Very soon you will be killing one another at a rate that will astonish yourselves as the economic depression in america escalates.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »
There is no comparison in the crime, the distinction was what DOJ is choosing to look into and what it turns a blind eye too.  

This cop was found guilty by a jury.  If people are not happy with what was charged, they should complain to the DA in the area.  

In the Black Panthers' case, this was a clear example of violation of FEDERAL election laws and the DOJ decided not to pursue a default judgement it already got against this malcontent.  

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:36:39 AM »
There is no comparison in the crime, the distinction was what DOJ is choosing to look into and what it turns a blind eye too.  

This cop was found guilty by a jury.  If people are not happy with what was charged, they should complain to the DA in the area.  

In the Black Panthers' case, this was a clear example of violation of FEDERAL election laws and the DOJ decided not to pursue a default judgement it already got against this malcontent.  

How did these men violate any laws? All one sees in the video clip you provided are two men who clearly stated they are security, standing in front of a polling station. Behind them are men and women comfortably engaging in conversation and standing around. Where is the violation? Why would the DOJ need to involve itself in a case where there is no case?

Is this another case of you knitting together pieces of information trying to make a case where there is none?

If the security guards were forcing people into the voting station at gun point and forcing them to vote one way or another...YEAH you'd probably have a case, but that is not the case. So where are your facts for a DOJ case? As it stands you merely posted a video of Black men doing their job and somehow this is supose to equate to EXECUTING AN INNOCENT MAN???!!!
C

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 08:41:01 AM »
YAWN...

A white can not even arrange a tea party rally without fighting with one another....you see your own as far greater than what they are. Very soon you will be killing one another at a rate that will astonish yourselves as the economic depression in america escalates.

Like the black people in Darfur?
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »
How did these men violate any laws? All one sees in the video clip you provided are two men who clearly stated they are security, standing in front of a polling station. Behind them are men and women comfortably engaging in conversation and standing around. Where is the violation? Why would the DOJ need to involve itself in a case where there is no case?

Is this another case of you knitting together pieces of information trying to make a case where there is none?

If the security guards were forcing people into the voting station at gun point and forcing them to vote one way or another...YEAH you'd probably have a case, but that is not the case. So where are your facts for a DOJ case? As it stands you merely posted a video of Black men doing their job and somehow this is supose to equate to EXECUTING AN INNOCENT MAN???!!!

Wrong, I know election law and you are clueless. 

You cant brandish weapons at the entrance of the voting place.  That is voter intimidation and a clear violation of the law.

Security?  For who?  Who hired them? 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
Like the black people in Darfur?

That was actually Arabic Muslims (surprise, surprise) committing genocide on the native blacks of Darfur with the full backing of Sudanese government (the President of which now has an outstanding warrant for war crimes on his head yet no one in the international community cares).

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »
That was actually Arabic Muslims (surprise, surprise) committing genocide on the native blacks of Darfur with the full backing of Sudanese government (the President of which now has an outstanding warrant for war crimes on his head yet no one in the international community cares).

They're not Black African Muslims?  ???
S

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 08:47:35 AM »
They're not Black African Muslims?  ???

Nope. The janjaweed, the Sudanese government funded Muslim death squads, were comprised of Arab Muslim tribes. Of course, no one cares about Darfur as it doesn't sell papers.  :-X

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 08:49:40 AM »
Nope. The janjaweed, the Sudanese government funded Muslim death squads, were comprised of Arab Muslim tribes. Of course, no one cares about Darfur as it doesn't sell papers.  :-X

Huh, I just looked it up and found some stuff about the janjaweed.  I'm starting to think Muslims can be a little bit hateful...  :o
S

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:16 AM »
Huh, I just looked it up and found some stuff about the janjaweed.  I'm starting to think Muslims can be a little bit hateful...  :o

Gee, you think?

Of course the MSM did a terrific job ignoring the entire Darfur conflict (which killed 1000x as many people as the Israeli-Palestine conflict has) because Muslims are 24/7/365 victims and Muslim-on-black violence doesn't sell papers, regardless of the sheer brutality of it (mass murder, systematic rape of the native women, torture, amputation of limbs, forced eviction, etc, etc). ::)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »
YAWN...

You really do live in a fantasy, hypicritical world. You are in for a rude awakening. Whites will stand together I can guarantee it. If anything I fear for blacks since they are the minority in the USA yet will start the initial wave of riots. Most citizens in America are well armed so we'll just see how this all plays out. Many whites I talk to in America have a huge resentment towards the political correct pussyfying society that USA has become. And they can't wait to change it for the better.

You act like your own are far greater than they are. Please show me where your greatness has benefitted the world? Genocide committed by black on black is well known. It's no secret that blacks were sold as slaves by blacks to whites. You really need to put down the kool aid.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »
Samson is an uneducated, black Muslim that loathes whites, Christians and Jews and who also has to hang onto fictitious articles written by the likes of Sorcha Faal to prove her idiotic points. She is little more than an angry propaganda machine.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 09:03:10 AM »
I don't really see a distinction between a murder case and an alleged intimidation at a polling station.

I'm not excusing the actions of those at the polling station, if as alleged, they tried to subvert democracy there should be an investigation, but i would caution you 333 against making the issue trivial by trying to compare it to shooting and/or murder investigations.

For the record these black panthers are not what one would call 'real' black panthers.  That group disbanded in the 70's or early 80's and the name has been taken by a far more radical group of idiots undoing all the good of the civil rights movement, by 'acting a fool'.  
Abandon every hope...

James

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:18 AM »

Sampson, nobody hired these 2 thugs to be Security, and as 333 mentioned you cant brandish weapons at the entrance of the voting place, it is against the Law.

If it had been 2 KKK member's standing with weapons outside a voting place, I am sure they would be getting prosecuted.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 10:10:33 AM »
1) lock up anyone who tries to intimidate voters

2) lock up cops who shoot ppl in cuffs.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »

"WWWTTFFF????

And the DOJ won't go after the obvious crime in the black panther mess."

Woah thats a first...Black Panther in Black Neighborhood

Cop who shoots guy in back while cuffed...

And you are trying to compare it for some kind of political point...

Truly amazing...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »
I thought all white people got off from their crimes. Looks like this cop is doing time.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 10:15:05 AM »

"WWWTTFFF????

And the DOJ won't go after the obvious crime in the black panther mess."

Woah thats a first...Black Panther in Black Neighborhood

Cop who shoots guy in back while cuffed...

And you are trying to compare it for some kind of political point...

Truly amazing...

My comparison is what the DOJ is deciding to get involved with and not involved with.