Author Topic: The Best Ric Flair-isms:  (Read 23150 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Re: The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
This is my greatest Flair promo ever. Just watch how he captivates the fans and they get so into it. Maybe the greatest promo ever!!!

&feature=related

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 02:34:03 PM »
YES!!!

"Please Ricky Morton, find something else to do for a living."

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 01:00:38 AM »
YES!!!

"Please Ricky Morton, find something else to do for a living."

Saw this while it was airing when I was a kid with a few friends and we all went crazy!! It's amazing how these guys promoted the matches back then. We were all literally on the edges of our seats.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 04:27:41 AM »

Saw this while it was airing when I was a kid with a few friends and we all went crazy!! It's amazing how these guys promoted the matches back then. We were all literally on the edges of our seats.
Now this is a prime Ric Flair...not the washed up, aged, mis-used guy we saw in the WWE. Flair was gold between 1980-1990.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »
Now this is a prime Ric Flair...not the washed up, aged, mis-used guy we saw in the WWE. Flair was gold between 1980-1990.

QFT

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 01:02:25 PM »
QFT
He was never the same once he left Crockett Promotions. Sorry dude.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 01:48:17 PM »

Same with the Road Warriors
Same with Hogan
1980-1990 were the greatest years of wrestling ever...NUFF SAID!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 04:30:42 AM »
Same with the Road Warriors
Same with Hogan
1980-1990 were the greatest years of wrestling ever...NUFF SAID!!
I sure miss the eighties.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 05:24:56 AM »
He was never the same once he left Crockett Promotions. Sorry dude.

I totally agree.  Flair had supreme confidence with the Crocketts who knew if they just let him run with the ball, he was the man.  And the confidence came thru in everything he did.  I honestly can't remember a program that Flair worked in the 80's that was a dud.  Regardless of territory, who he faced, etc...  it was always an event when Flair came to a territory.  Never cared nearly as much for any of his WCW work and the WWF isn't even worth mentioning by comparison to the 80's;

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
I totally agree.  Flair had supreme confidence with the Crocketts who knew if they just let him run with the ball, he was the man.  And the confidence came thru in everything he did.  I honestly can't remember a program that Flair worked in the 80's that was a dud.  Regardless of territory, who he faced, etc...  it was always an event when Flair came to a territory.  Never cared nearly as much for any of his WCW work and the WWF isn't even worth mentioning by comparison to the 80's;
Personally, I thought he had his best years, matches and noteriety with JCP.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »
cheftim, why bring up your love of Hogan's cock in this thread?  There are plenty of other ones, or start your own. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 04:20:25 AM »
See when I see clips like that it really brings me back to my roots. I'm a Hulkamaniac. It's the strongest force in the Universe! Flair is a nothing Champion compared to the Hulkster. Ricky Martin handed his a$$ to him. No one beat Hogan. EVERYONE has beaten Flair at one time or another. Nature Boy became one of my favorites once he joined the federation. No one is getting close to the Hulkster though. Hulkamania is immortal!

Ricky Morton is the one who lost badly in a cage match at Shea Stadium to Flair thus ending the fued.
No one ever beat Hogan??? How about:

Undertaker (Survivor Series 1991 & again in 2005)
Warrior (WM6)
Yokozuna (king of the ring 1993)
Andre The Giant (Feb 5th 1988 The Main Event @ Market Square Aena in Indiana)
Goldberg (WCW)
Piper (WCW)
The Rock (WM18)
Sting (WCW)

I could keep going. You need to get your facts straight there, brother.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 05:39:46 PM »
Hey, this is some great recent Flair promos!! Still funny as shit!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »
Personally, I thought he had his best years, matches and noteriety with JCP.

The Crockett's were the only ones who truly knew what to do with Flair, and it shows; those were his best years.
Turner may have later owned the company, but Flair would never be the same - anywhere.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2010, 07:51:41 AM »
This is my favorite WWf promo of his, after losing to Savage

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 03:53:31 AM »
This is my favorite WWf promo of his, after losing to Savage

I loved the chaos that came after that match with bodies flying all over the place in the ring.  :) I always thought that the Flair-Savage fued was amazing but I would have kept the title on Flair at WM8 and strecthed the fued to SS later that year. I thinkk they made Flair lose it too quick in hiw 1991-1993 WWE run.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 06:59:43 AM »
Ric Flair recently spoke to FanHouse.com about TNA, Shawn Michaels and more. Here are the highlights…

On Product Awareness: "I'm actually not involved in that equation. Obviously, I hear conversations and people talking about it. But it's going to take a year or two and it takes effort from Spike as much as from the wrestlers. The biggest problem is one key word: it's called awareness. I hear more and more about TNA every day but when I first started six months ago, people had no idea I was even wrestling again. It's just an awareness issue. It's no fault of the promotion. It's no fault of lack of work or work ethic. It's just the budget is different there and they've got to earn their stripes as they go but they got marching orders and the guys are working hard. It's just a matter of time. I think it's a year away."

Does Foutune Hurt The Legacy Of The Four Horsemen?: "No, I've only done it twice. Of course, I did it the other time with the WWE. The quality of the guys and who I'm with ... if I couldn't have control I wouldn't consider doing it. The fact that they asked for my input on that and pretty much let me get to know the guys that I'm working with and to be happy with them. Of course, I loved being with Dave (Batista) and Randy (Orton) and Hunter. That was a great time up there but I don't know if anything will ever follow the Four Horsemen just because we were together for so long. These guys are just tremendous athletes and they're really the tops in the business right now. I'm having a great time. I'm living my life vicariously through them!"

Does He Believe That Shawn Michaels' Retirement Will Last?: "I do because ... I'm not saying he won't wrestle again but he's got young kids and he's been able to make money. He made money before the kids were born and he enjoys the things that I didn't get to enjoy in regards to my first family. I did get to enjoy more with my second set of kids but at that point in time I really didn't get to do much with them until the time they were about 12 or 13. His kids are like 6 and 3 or 6 and 4, maybe 7 and 4. He's enjoying that day to day stuff that you don't get to do as a wrestler working full-time because you're gone every weekend."

Was he Going To Wrestle Shane Douglas At Hardcore Justice?: "I never was approached. That is all a figment of his imagination. He wishes. He's a clerk at Wal-Mart for christ's sake. How could he be a wrestler?"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 07:14:57 AM »

Was he Going To Wrestle Shane Douglas At Hardcore Justice?: "I never was approached. That is all a figment of his imagination. He wishes. He's a clerk at Wal-Mart for christ's sake. How could he be a wrestler?"

hahaha, classic Flair !!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »
hahaha, classic Flair !!!
Ha ha ha! I knew you'd get a kcik outta that one, Showstoppa!

Whoooooooaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I like 'em big chested & empty headed!"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
Great pic tim.....I've never seen that one.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 05:16:16 AM »
I never watched Flair once before he came to the Federation. But when he did come I though He, Bobby, and Perfect were made for one another. That was a great time in my life. I never saw that pic either and put it as my screen saver.

WCW missed a golden opportunity when Hennig came to WCW, they should have reunited all 3 of them...but the idiots running it at the time, had no clue.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »
WCW missed a golden opportunity when Hennig came to WCW, they should have reunited all 3 of them...but the idiots running it at the time, had no clue.
I hated the way WCW used Henning to the point where I couldn't even watch. What a waste of such great talent. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »
I hated the way WCW used Henning to the point where I couldn't even watch. What a waste of such great talent. 

They set it up perfectly for him to join the Horsemen, which would have been an excellent fit and then squandered just to beat Flair down a few more notches.  Bischoff's obsession with trashing Flair, and others, was just plain sickening.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 01:29:57 PM »
Anybody read Flair's book?
I'm curious what he said about Bischoff.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 05:22:57 AM »
Anybody read Flair's book?
I'm curious what he said about Bischoff.
I haven't but i'm sure it would make a great read....especially on the party scene after the shows  :). I'm also sure that he trashes Bishoff bigtime and I don't blame him one bit.