Author Topic: The Best Ric Flair-isms:  (Read 23185 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« on: July 05, 2010, 04:50:20 AM »
I think it was about 20+ years ago I read in a magazine that a champ once left his belt at an arena, and a janitor found & returned it.
I want to say it was Flair, but that doesn't sound right.

Who the hell was that?
I figure if it was anyone it would be Flair. With all his post match partying and so forth. He probably got hammered and forgot it, lol...

"All you women between the ages of 18-30, i'll be across the street in the Marriott hotel in room 325. Whoa!!"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »
I figure if it was anyone it would be Flair. With all his post match partying and so forth. He probably got hammered and forgot it, lol...

"All you women between the ages of 18-30, i'll be across the street in the Marriott hotel in room 325. Whoa!!"

"She'll be comin' around the mountain when she comes...."

Playboy

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »
"She'll be comin' around the mountain when she comes...."
LMAO!

"And that's why my sport jacket costs $800.00 and yours costs $200.00....(pointing at the ring announcer) and I don't know what that costs but i'd be ashamed to wear it!"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 05:23:56 AM »
LMAO!

"And that's why my sport jacket costs $800.00 and yours costs $200.00....(pointing at the ring announcer) and I don't know what that costs but i'd be ashamed to wear it!"

LOL, I saw that clip not too long ago and it had me rolling.  Younger guys just have no idea how much better Flair was than EVERYBODY else who has ever picked up the mic.   It was off the cuff, no team of writers to help him out, and he had to use so many hidden meaning to things to protect the kids...

I used to get a kick out of when he would come out and sing some random song......"Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight....."  Also, "Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way...."

Playboy

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:33:36 AM »
LOL, I saw that clip not too long ago and it had me rolling.  Younger guys just have no idea how much better Flair was than EVERYBODY else who has ever picked up the mic.   It was off the cuff, no team of writers to help him out, and he had to use so many hidden meaning to things to protect the kids...

I used to get a kick out of when he would come out and sing some random song......"Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight....."  Also, "Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way...."
I have both the Horsemen dvd and the Flair dvd and I could litterally watch them over and over. I love the 1980's Flair promo's.

"And ladies what time is it!? Well I can't tell because there's so many diamonds sparkling on my rolex!"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 06:37:33 AM »
I have both the Horsemen dvd and the Flair dvd and I could litterally watch them over and over. I love the 1980's Flair promo's.

"And ladies what time is it!? Well I can't tell because there's so many diamonds sparkling on my rolex!"

"Ladies...none of you can be first....but you all might be next....whoooooooo!"

He just had hundreds of great promos with a ton of original stuff in them during the 80's.

Playboy

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 10:58:27 AM »
"Ladies...none of you can be first....but you all might be next....whoooooooo!"

He just had hundreds of great promos with a ton of original stuff in them during the 80's.
Or the ever so famous:

"These shoes cost more than your house!"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 05:21:33 AM »
Or the ever so famous:

"These shoes cost more than your house!"

We should start a thread on these...

another one I loved is when he would be getting ready to apply the figure-4 and would say "Now, we go to school !!!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 05:34:08 AM »
We should start a thread on these...

another one I loved is when he would be getting ready to apply the figure-4 and would say "Now, we go to school !!!"
Another classic:

"Dusty Rhodes, can you even begin to describe your lifestyle?"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 06:08:54 AM »
Another classic:

"Dusty Rhodes, can you even begin to describe your lifestyle?"

i can't remember if it was Flair, Arn or Tully who referred to every man in Austin, TX knowing the color of Dusty's moms bedroom....haha

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: The Best Ric Flair-isms:
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »
'to be the man u gotta beat the man.whoooo,,,take a ride on space mountain,,,,jet flying,

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 12:32:07 AM »
LMAO!

I posted this vid on another thread. Unfortunately, it's not on youtube, anymore.

But, if you want to pick a signature promo, this is as good as it gets:

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 06:31:33 AM »
"Don't be ashamed of those butterflies you have rumbling in your stomach right now!" Great stuff!

Love that one, Tim.....so vintage Flair.  He always gave his interviews that edge of realism....and was soooo good at putting over whoever he was working with at the time. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »
BIG MAN!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 12:54:39 PM »
I've gotta agree with a lot of Slick Ric's views here...
He hits the nail on the head more than once.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 03:31:58 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 06:15:30 AM »
I agree with him on pretty much all of it. Except about what he says about the Immortal One. "Hulk Hogan couldn't do that" Flair, Perfect, and Bobby are my top three.

Yeah, what was that in regards to?
I couldn't catch it on the clip.
Ric & Landsberg were talking over eachother for a second, and then all I could make out was, "Bret Hart couldn't do that. Hogan couldn't do it. Piper could."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »

I never saw Flair once until he came to the Federation. But I knew who he was from magazines and from people in school who used to watch that other wrestling organization. But this interview. When Flair walked out that day and got in Hulksters face. That was one of the biggest events in my life when that happened. "Don't be ashamed of those butterflies you have rumbling in your stomach right now!" Great stuff!
You have no idea what you missed. Flair was BETTER in the NWA.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »
"And I got a limousine over a mile long outside with 25 women in it waiting for me to go Whoa!!"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »
Ric calls Shane Douglas a dipshit!
 :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »
"Am I cookin' or what....I got 25 of these (points to his robe). I wish all the kids could have one of these but at 5 thousand dollars a pop, its a little hard to do."

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 05:17:19 AM »
"What's causin' all this!?!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 10:42:23 AM »
"These lizard shoes are on sale now for just 1,200.00 dollars."

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »
"When you talk about the World Heavyweight Championship, you are talking about men like Thesz, Rogers, Race, Funk, Rhodes, and the man you are looking at right now RIC FLAIR!  Men who have lived their lives at being the best at what they do in professional wrestling and that is becoming #1, becoming the world heavyweight champion.  And Ricky Morton you think you are in the same class as these men?  Well lemme tell you something pal, WHOOOO! you just made the biggest mistake of your life.  You got a better chance of trying to cross I75, I85 and 285 while wearing a blind fold than you do of getting this title off the Nature Boy.  NWA World Heavy Title.  Not for teenyboppers.  And now... you got to walk that aisle.  You got to step in that ring.  You got to look across and see the Nature Boy standing there and know that I am going to Make You Sweat!  haha!  I am going to Make You Bleed.  hahaha!  And by God *WHOOOO* Ricky Morton I am going to make you PAY! THE! PRICE! for getting in the ring the Nature Boy.  I'm Ric Flair pal *WHHOOO* custom made from head to toe.  Diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair.  WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 04:37:34 AM »
"And I just got back froma  rondevous....with the hottest women in space mountain."