Author Topic: Petraeus replacement once called shooting Arabs 'fun'  (Read 597 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Petraeus replacement once called shooting Arabs 'fun'
« on: July 09, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
US Defense Secretary Robert Gates named General James Mattis on Thursday as the new head of US Central Command, or CENTCOM, which has overall control of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mattis, whose appointment must be confirmed by the Senate, replaces General David Petraeus, who took over direct command of the faltering Afghan conflict after his predecessor was fired for giving a damaging magazine interview.

"The post General Mattis is taking is a critical one at a critical time," Gates told reporters Thursday in announcing his recommendation to President Barack Obama.

Mattis, said Gates, is one of the US military's "outstanding combat leaders and strategic thinkers" and he praised the four-star Marine general for his insights into modern day warfare, notably "how the armed forces must be shaped and postured for the future."

Petraeus formally took over command of the Afghan war last week after Obama fired his predecessor, General Stanley McChrystal, over an interview to Rolling Stone in which he and his staff made disparaging comments about the vice president and other senior administration figures.

Gates issued a memo last week outlining new media rules to better manage the military's contacts with journalists, and said Thursday he had become "increasingly concerned" the military had become "too lax, disorganized and in some cases flat-out sloppy in the way we engage with the press."

The naming of Mattis was unlikely to skirt the issue, however, with Gates having to immediately defend an on-camera 2005 interview in which the general said: "Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot.

"You go into Afghanistan; you've got guys who slap around women for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway, so it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Gates dismissed the criticism, however, maintaining that appropriate action was taken at the time and that he thought the "subsequent five years have demonstrated that the lesson was learned."

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Petraeus replacement once called shooting Arabs 'fun'
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »
Where did he say "shooting Arabs is fun"? Nice spin job. How very MSM of you. Either way, is there something wrong with what he said? Maybe should we victimize the Taliban some more?

Here's a nice video of how Taliban men treat their women:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2010/03/17/iyw.afghan.bibi.aisha.cnn

Take note of this 19-year-old girl's missing nose and ears.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
I love the Marines (no homo). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
Where did he say "shooting Arabs is fun"? Nice spin job. How very MSM of you.

so it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them.

Good point.  He might have been talking about non-Arabs living there.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »

Good point.  He might have been talking about non-Arabs living there.

I still don't see where he referred to Arabs. I saw he referred to shooting men who beat their wives for years for not wearing a veil, but I don't see him mention "Arabs". Care to point it out?

Here's a little bit of information on something you clearly have no clue about: Most Afghans are Pashtuns and Tajiks, which are not Arab.

You sound like one of the retards from the MSM. Which news organization did you pull this article from?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
I still don't see where he referred to Arabs. I saw he referred to shooting men who beat their wives for years for not wearing a veil, but I don't see him mention "Arabs". Care to point it out?

Here's a little bit of information on something you clearly have no clue about: Most Afghans are Pashtuns, which is not Arab.

You sound like one of the retards from the MSM. Which news organization did you pull this article from?

interesting you have changed your post a 3rd time... from rawstory.com

hey, shooting wifebeaters is fun, i'm sure.  If you think I'm defending any group of ppl in afghanistan, you obviously have missed my last 44,000 posts where I make clear I don't give a shit about anyone in that country.  Still, i thought it would make for a good thread.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 04:35:35 PM »
interesting you have changed your post a 3rd time... from rawstory.com

hey, shooting wifebeaters is fun, i'm sure.  If you think I'm defending any group of ppl in afghanistan, you obviously have missed my last 44,000 posts where I make clear I don't give a shit about anyone in that country.  Still, i thought it would make for a good thread.

I'm touching it up. Is that a problem now? Regardless of me editing posts, why are you making up fallacious claims? There is no where in the article where he says "shooting Arabs is fun".

For that matter, you need to do some reading on the ethnic makeup of Afghanistan.

Is there something wrong with wanting to shoot Taliban now?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »
I just posted the title from rawstoy.com -

and i have no prob with making afghanistn a parking lot for their oil and minerals, you know that. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 04:42:34 PM »
I just posted the title from rawstoy.com -

and i have no prob with making afghanistn a parking lot for their oil and minerals, you know that.  

I apologize. Thought you made that title up yourself. Was wondering because it reads like a sensationalist piece of tabloid shit and I can't think of you posting trash like that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »
sorry, nah it was a quick cut/paste.  Raw is always trying to inflame its lib readers.

i usually stay out of the religion threads, because for me it's USA, then everyone else.  Let them all kill each other :)