Author Topic: Obama To Open Up 1.8 Million Alaskan Acres To Oil Drilling  (Read 2871 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama To Open Up 1.8 Million Alaskan Acres To Oil Drilling
« on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »

Source: AP (via HuffPo)

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- The Interior Department is offering oil and gas leases on 1.8 million acres of Alaska's National Petroleum Reserve while promising to protect critical migratory bird and caribou habitat.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar says the Bureau of Land Management will offer 190 tracts with bids to be opened Aug. 11 in Anchorage. The sale is one of dozens, mostly in Western states, that Salazar announced in November.

The petroleum reserve covers 23 million acres on Alaska's North Slope. That's an area slightly smaller than the state of Indiana.

The BLM withdrew for consideration lands in a buffer zone around Teshekpuk (TESH'-eh-puk) Lake because of its importance to migratory birds.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama To Open Up 1.8 Million Alaskan Acres To Oil Drilling
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 08:20:58 PM »
the trolls at hp must be livid. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
Good. Should've been done a long time ago.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »
Good. Should've been done a long time ago.

I always wondered why Bush never did this.

Some people say "The libs wouldn't let him"... but that doesn't hold water.  He had congress until jan 2007... that gave him 6 years to push it thru.  Plus, he prosecuted a war when it was unpopular, and told cameras he'd continue this war - even if 99% of americans were against it.

Whatever the case, it's good to see Obama able to step up and show the courageousness not seen from the last administration when it comes to energy independence for this great nation of ours.

;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 10:09:46 PM »

but but...i thought big business ws bad...oil ws bad...green ws good...i mean isn't that why bush ws bad cause he ws oil hungry and had ties with big business

fucking hypocrite
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 05:14:57 AM »
Capping spills above ground is probably much easier. :)

They should also release some gas reserves and get states to cut fuel taxes.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »
What about the estimated 40-60k jobs that will be lost in the gulf because of his moratorium on drilling? Before you go spewing shit from the "huffington post" consider the damage he's doing on the other end.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 11:11:54 AM »
What about the estimated 40-60k jobs that will be lost in the gulf because of his moratorium on drilling? Before you go spewing shit from the "huffington post" consider the damage he's doing on the other end.

half of florida is shutting down because those dipshits couldn't drill safely.  Tourism and fishing die, and everything else dies because they exist to support it.

screw them... they lost their ability to dig holes they cannot plug.  When they demonstrate the ability to plug holes with pressure this high, they can come back.

40k jobs lost in drilling... many times more than that lost in the Gulf states from oil washing up.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 06:35:32 AM »
half of florida is shutting down because those dipshits couldn't drill safely.  Tourism and fishing die, and everything else dies because they exist to support it.

screw them... they lost their ability to dig holes they cannot plug.  When they demonstrate the ability to plug holes with pressure this high, they can come back.

40k jobs lost in drilling... many times more than that lost in the Gulf states from oil washing up.

Well,Obama should have had his people inspect it better.He failed.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 06:38:35 AM »
will be funny how the enviro-tards try to spin this...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
will be funny how the enviro-tards try to spin this...

I posted the link to the HP comments section for a laugh.  I added a few comments myself over there and love basking in the misery of these lunatics. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 06:51:51 AM »
I posted the link to the HP comments section for a laugh.  I added a few comments myself over there and love basking in the misery of these lunatics. 

Such a bunch of nitwits....I have one friend who voted for Ollama and it was his "environmental stance" that did it..... ::)  I can only imagine to backpedaling that will take place on that one....gonna wait to bring it up after a few cold ones... ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 06:54:57 AM »
Such a bunch of nitwits....I have one friend who voted for Ollama and it was his "environmental stance" that did it..... ::)  I can only imagine to backpedaling that will take place on that one....gonna wait to bring it up after a few cold ones... ;D

Did you ever forward him this gem?  Anyone who supports obama really needs a mental examination.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 07:08:21 AM »
Well,Obama should have had his people inspect it better.He failed.

agreed.  Correct

and his response, to STOP companies from drilling holes they can't stop, is correct as well.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 07:10:26 AM »
agreed.  Correct

and his response, to STOP companies from drilling holes they can't stop, is correct as well.

Really?Not according to HIS own experts and scientists who disagreed vehemently with the ban.And not according to the first judge who stopped the ban and the three judge pannel that again thwarted him last week.Seems like only you,Obama and a band of leftist enviro wack jobs agree with it.ALL the experts and courts disagree.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 07:19:40 AM »
Really?Not according to HIS own experts and scientists who disagreed vehemently with the ban.And not according to the first judge who stopped the ban and the three judge pannel that again thwarted him last week.Seems like only you,Obama and a band of leftist enviro wack jobs agree with it.ALL the experts and courts disagree.

Great point.  Obama had the courage to defy his own liberal treehugging 'experts' and do what was right - DRILL!

I don't want to accuse you of kneepadding here, but you do give him a lot of praise here.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 07:23:18 AM »
Great point.  Obama had the courage to defy his own liberal treehugging 'experts' and do what was right - DRILL!

I don't want to accuse you of kneepadding here, but you do give him a lot of praise here.

As usual,you ignore facts.The fact is the area he opened is not one where there is a hint of oil thus far.This is another Obama scam.He opens an area he knows they wont driill in because there is no oil there.This man has one goal.The TOTAL destruction of the private sector and he is suceeding.

Mons Venus

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »

AMEN  !!