Author Topic: Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota  (Read 1623 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: More FAKE voting fraud news from FAUX!
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »
300 + felons voted big deal . most likely happens every election. and who's to say who they voted for, unless they have to sign their name to their ballot. this story is dead only in the heads of the simpletons does it live :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
300 + felons voted big deal . most likely happens every election. and who's to say who they voted for, unless they have to sign their name to their ballot. this story is dead only in the heads of the simpletons does it live :D :D

Unreal.  you libs cried like babies Bushs' entire term over stuff like this. 

And please, criminals vote RAT.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Watchdog: Feds Were Asleep at the Switch When Minnesota Felons Went to the Polls
Published July 14, 2010
FoxNews.com
AP

A study finds that at least 341 convicted felons voted illegally in the election that made former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken a U.S. senator in 2008.

The group that uncovered evidence of large-scale illegal voting by felons in Minnesota's contested 2008 Senate race says the whole mess might have been prevented if the federal government had just done its job.

The federal government is required under the Civil Rights Act and the Help America Vote Act to make sure that states purge their voter rolls of ineligible voters — the dead, those who have moved, felons, undocumented immigrants, etc. — and to ensure that elections are administered and conducted fairly, said Dan McGrath, executive director of Minnesota Majority.

But the conservative watchdog group's review of Minnesota's voting records found that the government apparently did not fulfill that obligation in the state in 2008, which in turn affected the number of voters whose ballots were counted -- and possibly the outcome of the dead-heat election.

The group's recently published report found that hundreds of felons voted in the election in which Al Franken, a Democrat, beat then-incumbent Republican Sen. Norm Coleman by just 312 votes out of more than 3 million cast -- a margin that was determined after six months of legal challenges and recounts.

The report, using public election records, state felony conviction documents and hand-sorted searches of voting rosters, found “irrefutable evidence” that hundreds of felons voted illegally in the election, and that the number of felons whose votes were wrongly counted exceeded the margin by which Franken beat Coleman.

“If the feds had done their job and ensured that the voting records were up to date, things would have turned out very differently,” McGrath said.

McGrath charged that efforts to get the federal government involved, even after the election, were met with a wall of silence, despite letters and a meeting with the FBI.

“We sent two letters to the United States Justice Department detailing the problem and met with the FBI, and nothing happened,” he said.

Among the early findings submitted to the Department of Justice in the first letter, dated Nov. 17, 2008, were that thousands more votes were cast than voter records supported, and that the registration rolls contained thousands more voters who had died, moved away, were registered at vacant lots or were undocumented aliens. Those charges, sent to the Justice Department in the waning days of the Bush administration, were supported by the former Minnesota Secretary of State, Mary Kiffmeyer, a Republican.

Two months later, "just as the administrations were changing, we met with FBI agent Brian Kinney in our office and he went through the documentation," McGrath continued. "When he left he said he had enough to file a complaint. We never heard from him again.”

A second letter, sent in October 2009 as results of the study began to emerge, also requested a federal investigation, It too was never answered.

E.K. Wilson, spokesman for the FBI in Minnesota, did not respond to calls to his office or cell phone.

McGrath said Minnesota Majority's study hadn’t been able to pinpoint where the problem lay in failing to keep the voting records up to date. He said that there are three groups responsible for the effort. “Courts must notify the secretary of state when someone is convicted of a felony, who then must notify the counties of the conviction, and the county auditors must then update the books. We are not sure where the fault lies,” he said.

“But if the federal government had paid attention, we wouldn’t have to ask that question,” he said.

Minnesota isn’t the only state with deep electoral problems, said Robert Pastor of American University’s Center for Democracy and Election Management. He said the management of elections in the U.S. has become increasingly partisan, especially since the disputed 2000 presidential election.

“We are worse than many Third World countries,” Pastor said. “Having partisan election officials oversee election decisions makes those decisions suspect.”

Minnesota Majority says it does not want the 2008 election overturned, but it wants to make sure the next election is less prone to fraud.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/14/minnesota-majority-voter-fraud-felons-voting-franken-coleman/

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »
I actually agree with Blacken on this.Franken put his kooky views up for a vote in an election.He didnt spew his beliefs at award shows,he put them up for the public to vote for or against him.They voted for him.He has balls!!Perhaps he stole a few votes WOW really?In politics?Who would have thought.

The bottom line is that Coleman couldnt beat a guy that was viewed as a clown.What does that say about Coleman?Franken beat him,period!Sorry,all this crying makes republicans look like a bunch of pussies.

Holy crap. :o :o :o....I must be in some alternate universe since I have to agree with your post 100%. LOL
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
sorry... but if you were okay with Ohio 2004's paper ballots bever being counted to verify the actual findings (exit polls were WAY off actual findings, major electronic irregularities...)

If you weren't bitching about that... then please, STFU about this one, ya partisan d1ckwad.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
sorry... but if you were okay with Ohio 2004's paper ballots bever being counted to verify the actual findings (exit polls were WAY off actual findings, major electronic irregularities...)

If you weren't bitching about that... then please, STFU about this one, ya partisan d1ckwad.

So 2 wrongs make a right in your mind? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
So 2 wrongs make a right in your mind? 

fooock no.  where did I defend Franken's win?  I didn't.

Ohio should have been investigated, so should this.

Anyone who thinks one should be - but not the other - should eat dog shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
 ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
::)

youve come at me for this since 2004, beach bum. 

I dont get it.  you love your country, this is obvious.  If an election has a lot of Qs (ohio had plenty of issues), why not just count the paper ballots?

If Franken won and it wasn't legit, let's count the votes, exclude the felons, and find out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
youve come at me for this since 2004, beach bum. 

I dont get it.  you love your country, this is obvious.  If an election has a lot of Qs (ohio had plenty of issues), why not just count the paper ballots?

If Franken won and it wasn't legit, let's count the votes, exclude the felons, and find out.

Oh brother.  Stop being a drama queen.  I didn't start posting on this board till 2006, so no, I haven't "come at [you] for this since 2004."  In fact, I don't even know what the heck you're talking about. 

This isn't about Ohio.  It's about Krusty the Clown. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
this hole mich. thing is a no issue. i knew that when i read a Conservative watch group :D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
this hole mich. thing is a no issue. i knew that when i read a Conservative watch group :D :D :D :D

So the DA indicting 30 people for vote fraud means nothing to you? 

Mons Venus

Still waiting on the Whitey Tape....Proof Obama is not a US citizen...Obama cheating on his wife tape.

STILL WAITING

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

1.  Her little "first time in my adult life . . .' video is proof enough of her hatred for the nation. 

2.  Obama still has not produced his long form BC and is proven to have used fraudulent SS numbers in the past.

3.  Cheating on his wife?  I posted a story about what was being alleged.  If you want to hold me to that, fine, I'll give you the tape when you prove your military record.     

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/07/right-wing-howls-felons-put-franken-over-the-top-um-not-really.php?ref=fpa

The right-wing media has been going ape over a study from Minnesota Majority, a conservative group in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, claiming that hundreds of felons illegally voted in the disputed 2008 Senate race that ultimately saw comedian and Democratic activist Al Franken defeat incumbent Republican Sen. Norm Coleman by a mere 312 votes out of 2.9 million. But is there any validity to it? Nope.

Fox News -- an outlet that has a long-running bad relationship with Franken -- claims: "The final recount vote in the race, determined six months after Election Day, showed Franken beat Coleman by 312 votes -- fewer votes than the number of felons whose illegal ballots were counted, according to Minnesota Majority's newly released study, which matched publicly available conviction lists with voting records."

But were there really so many illegal ballots? And did they all go for Al Franken? As TPM's in-house expert on that roller-coaster of an election, recount and litigation, allow me to walk you through all the problems with this new claim -- plus the small kernel of truth that lies within.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, a potential Republican candidate for president in 2012, fielded a very loaded question on Fox News on Wednesday, from host Brian Kilmeade, asking Pawlenty to "weigh in on the controversy with felons voting for Al Franken." Check out the 3:50 mark here:

for video check the link

"There's a group here in Minnesota that's investigated that," said Pawlenty. "They seem to have found credible evidence that many felons who are not supposed to be voting actually voted in the Franken-Coleman election. I suspect they favored Al Franken. I don't know that. But if that turned out to be true, they may have flipped the election. In a very close election, there were only few-hundred vote difference, as you know."

And the Star Tribune reported on Coleman's reaction:

Coleman said Wednesday that he is "not looking back." But he also termed Franken an "accidental senator," who benefited from court rulings that overlooked an array of alleged voting irregularities.

"There's always going to be a cloud of doubt that hovers over this election, and this thickens the cloud," Coleman said.

As it turns out, though, Minnesota Majority's study has had its share of sloppiness and false assumptions. As the Twin Cities NBC affiliate noted, it's not even proven that hundreds of felons illegally voted at all -- in some cases there were felons who could legally vote in Minnesota, having had their rights restored, and in other cases Minnesota Majority submitted the names of the wrong people:

In reality, that has not been proven. And the actual number of felons who voted illegally will likely be much lower based on reviews from prosecutors who received Minnesota Majority's lists in the form of spread sheets in February.

"We received about 480 names from Minnesota Majority," Ramsey County's lead prosecutor Phil Carruthers told KARE Wednesday, "About 270 were clearly inaccurate and were rejected right from the get-go."

He said a quick review revealed the names and birthdates didn't match, or that the felons in question were no longer barred from voting.

In addition, instances of individual felons voting is different from any organized fraud. As Franken's former attorney Marc Elias told The Hill: "Sen. Coleman was represented by some of the best lawyers there are in the country. At the end of that process, the lead lawyer for Sen. Coleman told the state Supreme Court that there was no evidence of persistent fraud in the election."

Furthermore, the report runs up against a pesky obstacle that in this country dates back to the late 19th century, called the secret ballot. Even if it were proven that hundreds of illegal votes were cast, it can't ever be proven who those people voted for. Right-wing media outlets have simply been assuming that all the felons voted for Franken. In fact, there was one solid case in January 2009 of a felon who pled guilty to illegally voting -- and he said he voted for Coleman, though his word is obviously less than 100% credible. But in any case, the point stands: It can't be proven who any one of these people would have voted for, or what any spread might have been, much less that they would have all voted for one candidate out of several who were on the ballot.

If the point here is to cast doubt on Franken's election, here's the funny truth of it all: Anybody who was watching that election, or any similar super-close election, already knows that there exists a certain level of reasonable doubt about the whole thing. In an election that close, there will always be a margin of error that is wider than the margin of victory -- as a top county election official openly admitted at the trial.

Of course, this would also mean that this very same doubt would have clouded any win for Coleman, too. And it should also be noted that a similar circumstance was present in 2000, when George W. Bush officially won the state of Florida over Al Gore by a margin of 537 votes out of nearly six million -- a smaller percentage difference than Franken's final win in Minnesota -- amidst allegations of vote suppression and faulty ballots. And while the true outcome of that election remains a genuine mystery, too, folks on the right never seem to be at all concerned about or to even acknowledge that particular conundrum.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "