Author Topic: Shut Up and Sing  (Read 240 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Shut Up and Sing
« on: July 12, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »
TOPICS Fox News
Shut Up and Sing, Part Deux: FOX & Friends Shocked By Jimmy Buffett's Blaming Bush For Oil Spill
By Nicole Belle Monday Jul 12, 2010 7:00am

Considering the amount of air time that Fox News Channel gives to such A-list talent like Ted Nugent to wax political, you'd think they wouldn't necessarily be surprised to find out that performers, like many Americans, have opinions and occasionally like to express them.

Buffett, a well-known Gulf resident, held a benefit concert in Gulf Shores, Alabama, and in an interview with the AP, didn't hold back his anger:

Buffett told The Associated Press in an interview Tuesday that it's perfectly normal for people to be mad when they see oil washing up on beaches and marshes.

"If you're born and raised on the Gulf Coast and it's kind of in you, and you don't feel anger and rage initially over what's going on down there, I think you're a hypocrite," he said in a telephone interview from New York.

Buffett's anger and rage has focused on the crony capitalism and de-regulation so rampant and institutionalized during the Bush administration:

Buffett, a supporter of President Barack Obama, said the roots of the spill lie with the administration of former President George Bush, which was often criticized for being too cozy with the petroleum industry.

"To me it was more about eight years of bad policy before (Obama) got there that let this happen. It was Dracula running the blood bank in terms of oil and leases," he said. "I think that has more to do with it than how the president reacted to it."

That, of course, is a simply OUTRAGEOUS statement to the brain-trust that is Fox & Friends. I mean, c'mon already, people are just looking for a little entertainment. Can't Buffett just keep his opinions to himself? And as Steve Doocy notes, Buffett is a supporter of Obama (something that AP felt obligated to note as well), so obviously "Margaritaville" has turned into Kool-Aid Land.

Um yeah. Let's remember who is sipping the Kool-Aid then next time Chuck Norris has some valuable political punditry to provide.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Shut Up and Sing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
Whats funny is these libs seem to think Obama has been in office for a few days.Its been 18 months.Obama knew the thing was broke,he never bothered to fix it.Its his spill,just like its his economy,just like its his war.The democrats have controlled congress since 2006.Under the republicans the deficit was about 300 bilion,look at it now.Thats the democrats at work.The blame Bush tactic isnt working anymore.

By the way Jimmy Buffet SUCKS!His music is garbage.