Author Topic: The USDA NAACP lady...  (Read 4580 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The USDA NAACP lady...
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »
they're making an effort to fire anyone remotely racist - even this lady talking about something 20 years ago (still an abuse of power).

The right is going to bitch no matter what, let's be honest.  Obama's still at 46% approval because, really, he could cure cancer tomorrow and hannity and friends would find 10 things to complain about it.

Obama is at 42% approval which is shockingly bad.We talk about race because we see things like lies about the tea party spitting at congressmen,Maxine Wters speech the other day,The black panthers and the leader of them on the white house visitors list,the financial bill including a stipulatiuon where they will force companies to hire blacks.

Obamas entire existance is race based.He HATES whites.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »
Obama is at 42% approval which is shockingly bad.We talk about race because we see things like lies about the tea party spitting at congressmen,Maxine Wters speech the other day,The black panthers and the leader of them on the white house visitors list,the financial bill including a stipulatiuon where they will force companies to hire blacks.

Obamas entire existance is race based.He HATES whites.

Boy are you dumb

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »
Boy are you dumb
Is he? I know first hand that Ford Motor Co. is on a mission to hire minorities and women.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 07:29:14 PM »
Andre is a nice guy, but nearly as dense as straw Man. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 07:47:20 PM »
Is he? I know first hand that Ford Motor Co. is on a mission to hire minorities and women.

Let's for a moment assume your statement is correct and Ford is on a mission to hire minorities & women,
...does that make Obama "anti-white". Would that mean the Ford Motor Co hates whites? btw - Are we to assume by that comment that there are no white women?

Or would it simply mean that the Ford Motor Co is on a mission to balance out a previously unbalanced workforce that was disproportionately male & white, to become a more inclusive employer? Would it also be reasonable to assume in those circumstances that Ford Motor Co was previously biased against minorities and women?

You want to talk about a sense of entitlement? I have never seen a group who feel they were more "entitled" to anything, than the male caucasian. And I've never seen a bigger group of crybabies than the white male when they felt their 'entitlements' were slipping away, or that they now had more & more people getting a piece of that pie called "the American Dream".  ::)

Oh no... You mean that woman or that Black can be disqualified immediately by virtue of their race or sex?!
You mean I have to actually compete with them?! Oh no... the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end!
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Let's for a moment assume your statement is correct and Ford is on a mission to hire minorities & women,
...does that make Obama "anti-white". Would that mean the Ford Motor Co hates whites? btw - Are we to assume by that comment that there are no white women?

Or would it simply mean that the Ford Motor Co is on a mission to balance out a previously unbalanced workforce that was disproportionately male & white, to become a more inclusive employer? Would it also be reasonable to assume in those circumstances that Ford Motor Co was previously biased against minorities and women?

You want to talk about a sense of entitlement? I have never seen a group who feel they were more "entitled" to anything, than the male caucasian. And I've never seen a bigger group of crybabies than the white male when they felt their 'entitlements' were slipping away, or that they now had more & more people getting a piece of that pie called "the American Dream".  ::)

Oh no... You mean that woman or that Black can be disqualified immediately by virtue of their race or sex?!
You mean I have to actually compete with them?! Oh no... the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end!
oh the irony thinking that a company setting out to hire minorities and women is equal competition...

Affrimative action and quotas are racism jag plain and simple...you cannot justify racism with racism...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2010, 09:14:36 PM »
oh the irony thinking that a company setting out to hire minorities and women is equal competition...

Affrimative action and quotas are racism jag plain and simple...you cannot justify racism with racism...

A company seeking to have a more diverse & inclusive workplace is one that is finally coming into the 21st century. One keenly aware of it's future needs, and proactive in meeting those objectives before it's too late.

That's like saying a company that's on a mission to computerize is one that is discriminating against 3x5 index cards & typewriters.

One cannot slow down or fight progress.... well you can try to fight it, ...but in the end you will lose.
Seeking to maintain entitlements in the face of an urgent need to progress into the 21st century, is going to see someone coming up with the short end of the stick. You're welcome to stick with your typewriter and your liquid paper while others move to wifi word processors. Let us know how it works out for ya.  ;)
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »
A company seeking to have a more diverse & inclusive workplace is one that is finally coming into the 21st century. One keenly aware of it's future needs, and proactive in meeting those objectives before it's too late.

That's like saying a company that's on a mission to computerize is one that is discriminating against 3x5 index cards & typewriters.

One cannot slow down or fight progress.... well you can try to fight it, ...but in the end you will lose.
Seeking to maintain entitlements in the face of an urgent need to progress into the 21st century, is going to see someone coming up with the short end of the stick. You're welcome to stick with your typewriter and your liquid paper while others move to wifi word processors. Let us know how it works out for ya.  ;)
LMAO you see there is a difference between computers and index cards...you wouldnt use the index card even though computers were availabe just b/c you wanted to include them would you?

how about just hiring the best person for the job...not the best minority or the best woman JUST THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB...

again YOU CANNOT JUSTIFY RACISM WITH RACISM...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »
what entitlements are you talking about?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 09:29:39 PM »
LMAO you see there is a difference between computers and index cards...you wouldnt use the index card even though computers were availabe just b/c you wanted to include them would you?

Apparently you would if you managed a federal cemetary.  :-X

how about just hiring the best person for the job...not the best minority or the best woman JUST THE BEST PERSON FOR THE JOB...

again YOU CANNOT JUSTIFY RACISM WITH RACISM...

No one is looking to justify racism with racism. there is no justification for racism. Attempts to seek out qualified minorities & women are attempts to counteract years of systemic racism and discrimination. No one has mentioned affirmative action & quotas except you. Seeking to hire from a broader talent pool does not mean AA or quotas. It means casting a wider net to find the most qualified and appropriate candidate.
w

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 09:46:01 PM »
Apparently you would if you managed a federal cemetary.  :-X

No one is looking to justify racism with racism. there is no justification for racism. Attempts to seek out qualified minorities & women are attempts to counteract years of systemic racism and discrimination. No one has mentioned affirmative action & quotas except you. Seeking to hire from a broader talent pool does not mean AA or quotas. It means casting a wider net to find the most qualified and appropriate candidate.
Well why don't blacks start their own companies then? They can choose who they hire. Nobody is holding them back. There has to be one Gates, Dell, or Ford out there. Don't blacks have a little pride? Why do they want to go work for a white owned company anyway  - since they hate whites so much. Have a little dignity and start your own business.

The best thing that can happen to blacks is for affirmative action to go away so they can be successful on their own. If they are truly qualified I am sure they will excel. They've been able to excel in sports and entertainment so there is no reason why they can't in other field. But they have to get in line like everyone else and earn their way to the top.

Jag, you are not doing blacks any favor by advocating hiring practices based on race.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 02:42:07 AM »
Well why don't blacks start their own companies then? They can choose who they hire. Nobody is holding them back. There has to be one Gates, Dell, or Ford out there. Don't blacks have a little pride? Why do they want to go work for a white owned company anyway  - since they hate whites so much. Have a little dignity and start your own business.

The best thing that can happen to blacks is for affirmative action to go away so they can be successful on their own. If they are truly qualified I am sure they will excel. They've been able to excel in sports and entertainment so there is no reason why they can't in other field. But they have to get in line like everyone else and earn their way to the top.

Jag, you are not doing blacks any favor by advocating hiring practices based on race.

I think you need to stop playing the pre-recorded tape that's apparently running through your head, and re-read what I typed previously. my post was not advocating that people be hired based on race, nor was it advocating affirmative action. It simply stated that there is nothing wrong with casting a wider net in order to become a more inclusive company. Diversity & inclusiveness only makes for a better, stronger & more competitive company.

Let me put it this way.

If I was casting a movie, and it needed a femme fatale, a heart throb, and a little child, I could cast my chubby 55yr old neighbour as the femme fatale, she's close by and of all the candidates I've seen so far, she's the only woman and therefore the most qualified for the job... not that she's the most fvckable, ...but she's all there is.

I could also cast Warren Beatty as the heart throb. I know he isn't what he used to be during his "Shampoo" days. Now he's married with a boatload of kids which doesn't exactly make him the sexiest heart throb out there. it might work for Brad Pitt, but it's not quite as fetching on Warren. still... he's all we have because I haven't looked very far. Just went to the usual suspects so to speak. As for the little kid, heck... we'll just take Jonathon Winters and dress him up in a little kiddie outfit, and stick him in an oversized rocking chair....

...or I can cast a really wide net, making sure to look at minorities & women... and I might stumble across a Halle Berry. Would she be cast as the femme fatale because she's Black? nope, she'd be getting the job because she's hotter than my fat 55 yr old neighbour... aka the best candidate for the job.

My wider net would allow me to come across Boris Kodjoe. If you don't know who Boris Kodjoe is... you better find out. Is he more of a heart throb than Warren Beatty? You better believe it! Did he get the job because he's black? nope... he got it because he's sexy as heck... waaaay sexier than Beatty and out of the candidates seen was most qualified to portray the heartthrob.

As for the child, I could cast Rico Rodriguez (the kid who plays Manny Delgado on Modern Family).
Did he get the job because he's hispanic? No. I named him because Jonathon Winters doesn't look as cute all dressed up in a dress with frilly panties, not now that he's pushing 85. Dakota Fanning is all grown up, so are the Olsen twins, Abigail Breslin is 14 already, and Jonathon Lipnicki the cute little guy from Jerry Maguire is already 20 yrs old.

Out of all those candidates, Rico was the closest thing to being a kid. He was the best candidate for the job. He also happens to be hispanic? BONUS! We got the best candidate, AND increased our diversity.

I could have taken the lazy approach and done the same thing I'd been doing for years, hiring the same old tired usual suspects, and produce a crappy movie not worth the price of admission, ...or I could cast a wider net, increase my diversity & inclusiveness to find the best candidates for the job, and hire a cast of characters that at least stand a chance of breathing life into the script.

Do you get it now? ...or do you still insist that proactive measures to cast a wider net are nothing more than race based quotas and displays of hostility against whites?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 06:30:44 AM »
LOL the methods you want to use counteract the systematic racism is RACIST!!!!!!!!! do you not understand that?

as soon as you bring race or sex into the qualification for a job IT IS RACIST OR SEXIST!!!!!!

I mentioned AA and quotas b/c that is where this leads...

looking to hire the most qualified person is fine...looking to hire the most qualified minority or woman is not fine...that my dear is racist and sexist but I guess its ok as long as its in your favor?

what entitlement are you talking about jag?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 01:36:01 AM »
LOL the methods you want to use counteract the systematic racism is RACIST!!!!!!!!! do you not understand that?

And what methods are those? Are you refering to AA or quotas? ...because that's NOT what I was refering to.

as soon as you bring race or sex into the qualification for a job IT IS RACIST OR SEXIST!!!!!!

In the case of the film industry... this is a necessity. It's just the nature of the beast.

I mentioned AA and quotas b/c that is where this leads...

looking to hire the most qualified person is fine...looking to hire the most qualified minority or woman is not fine...that my dear is racist and sexist but I guess its ok as long as its in your favor?

Who said anything about looking to hire the most qualified minority or woman?
You're running your own script on this one. That's not what I wrote or proposed.

what entitlement are you talking about jag?

Everything under the sun. To have your cake and eat it too. The usual hubris & hypocrisy.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »
And what methods are those? Are you refering to AA or quotas? ...because that's NOT what I was refering to.
In the case of the film industry... this is a necessity. It's just the nature of the beast.
Who said anything about looking to hire the most qualified minority or woman?
You're running your own script on this one. That's not what I wrote or proposed.
Everything under the sun. To have your cake and eat it too. The usual hubris & hypocrisy.
Im referring to any method that places emphasis on race or sex as the qualification for a job...

whether you believe it to be a necessity or not ITS RACISM OR SEXISM!!!!

LOL tarzans post about Ford trying to hire minorities and women....thats what weve been posting about here LMAO

name the entitlements jag...you say white ppl have them but you cant name them?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »
racism = distraction issue, fellahs.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
racism = distraction issue, fellahs.
why dont you go make another palin thread... ::) ::) ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 08:51:57 PM »
Im referring to any method that places emphasis on race or sex as the qualification for a job...

whether you believe it to be a necessity or not ITS RACISM OR SEXISM!!!!

Fine, I'll go launch a discrimination lawsuit again Kathryn Bigelow and the makers of "K-19 The Widowmaker" because they didn't hire me to play a Russian sailor on a nuclear sub. They gave the job to Harrison Ford & Lam Neeson instead! Bunch of racist, sexist pigs!  ::)

LOL tarzans post about Ford trying to hire minorities and women....thats what weve been posting about here LMAO

no one is saying race or sex is a qualification to work at Ford, ...I'm saying proactively seeking "candidates" for a wider talent pool, allows one to find the best qualified candidate from all available talent.

name the entitlements jag...you say white ppl have them but you cant name them?

If you don't already get it, ...my spelling it out here for you isn't going to make a bit of difference other than to take away my valueable time and perhaps butcher my manicure even further.
w

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »

no one is saying race or sex is a qualification to work at Ford, ...I'm saying proactively seeking "candidates" for a wider talent pool, allows one to find the best qualified candidate from all available talent.

Nothing wrong with that. However some companies (Ford) are actively "excluding" white males from the hiring / promotion pool thereby making it impossible not to hire or promote a person of minority ethnicity. This is discrimination against qualified white candidates. Ford has already been sued because of this and I expect a lot more lawsuits coming down the line.

Talent is talent regardless of color. If a person has REAL talent or work ethic it will show. But companies trying to make "quota" based on the color of a person's skin are misguided and unethical.

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
I think you need to stop playing the pre-recorded tape that's apparently running through your head, and re-read what I typed previously. my post was not advocating that people be hired based on race, nor was it advocating affirmative action. It simply stated that there is nothing wrong with casting a wider net in order to become a more inclusive company. Diversity & inclusiveness only makes for a better, stronger & more competitive company.

Let me put it this way.

If I was casting a movie, and it needed a femme fatale, a heart throb, and a little child, I could cast my chubby 55yr old neighbour as the femme fatale, she's close by and of all the candidates I've seen so far, she's the only woman and therefore the most qualified for the job... not that she's the most fvckable, ...but she's all there is.

I could also cast Warren Beatty as the heart throb. I know he isn't what he used to be during his "Shampoo" days. Now he's married with a boatload of kids which doesn't exactly make him the sexiest heart throb out there. it might work for Brad Pitt, but it's not quite as fetching on Warren. still... he's all we have because I haven't looked very far. Just went to the usual suspects so to speak. As for the little kid, heck... we'll just take Jonathon Winters and dress him up in a little kiddie outfit, and stick him in an oversized rocking chair....

...or I can cast a really wide net, making sure to look at minorities & women... and I might stumble across a Halle Berry. Would she be cast as the femme fatale because she's Black? nope, she'd be getting the job because she's hotter than my fat 55 yr old neighbour... aka the best candidate for the job.

My wider net would allow me to come across Boris Kodjoe. If you don't know who Boris Kodjoe is... you better find out. Is he more of a heart throb than Warren Beatty? You better believe it! Did he get the job because he's black? nope... he got it because he's sexy as heck... waaaay sexier than Beatty and out of the candidates seen was most qualified to portray the heartthrob.

As for the child, I could cast Rico Rodriguez (the kid who plays Manny Delgado on Modern Family).
Did he get the job because he's hispanic? No. I named him because Jonathon Winters doesn't look as cute all dressed up in a dress with frilly panties, not now that he's pushing 85. Dakota Fanning is all grown up, so are the Olsen twins, Abigail Breslin is 14 already, and Jonathon Lipnicki the cute little guy from Jerry Maguire is already 20 yrs old.

Out of all those candidates, Rico was the closest thing to being a kid. He was the best candidate for the job. He also happens to be hispanic? BONUS! We got the best candidate, AND increased our diversity.

I could have taken the lazy approach and done the same thing I'd been doing for years, hiring the same old tired usual suspects, and produce a crappy movie not worth the price of admission, ...or I could cast a wider net, increase my diversity & inclusiveness to find the best candidates for the job, and hire a cast of characters that at least stand a chance of breathing life into the script.

Do you get it now? ...or do you still insist that proactive measures to cast a wider net are nothing more than race based quotas and displays of hostility against whites?
LOL - Your're comparing white actors past their physical prime with minority actors whom you obviously favor because of your own ethnicity. They may be the better choice for YOU but your reasoning is purely subjective. Perhaps we should consult Hitler from the grave so he can offer a few alternate Aryan women, men and children?

Your examples are irrelevant to the discussion. You are equating diversity and a "wider net" with "the best candidate". The best candidate should be chosen because of merit, not racial makeup. You really have regressed to the point that whites found themselves 100 years ago. You are now the one cloaked with racism.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 03:51:55 AM »
LOL - Your're comparing white actors past their physical prime with minority actors whom you obviously favor because of your own ethnicity.

I was purposely comparing actors past their prime, with more vital actors in their prime.
Not all the candidates were white either. in the case of the neighbour, she is an older indian woman.

I prefer Boris Kodjoe & Halle Berry for those roles, NOT because of my race, ...but because they are HOT!

I'm sorry, I don't care how you slice it, Boris Kodjoe is hotter than Warren Beatty, regardless of your race. and in Boris' case, it could just as easily be argued he's as white as he is Black. His father was a Ghanain doctor, and his mother a German psychologist. You could even argue he's Jewish, like his maternal grandmother. {wink}

They may be the better choice for YOU but your reasoning is purely subjective.

Oh I'm sorry Tarzan, I didn't know you fixated on and fantasized about Warren Beatty.
Jane is gonna be pissed off.

Perhaps we should consult Hitler from the grave so he can offer a few alternate Caucasian women, men and children?

Your examples are irrelevant to the discussion. You are equating diversity and a "wider net" with "the best candidate". The best candidate should be chosen because of merit, not racial makeup. You really have regressed to the point that whites found themselves 100 years ago. You are now the one cloaked with racism.

Yes, I am equating diversity and a wider net with the best candidate.
A wider net gives one more options to choose from. If you're selecting from a pool of 5 candidates, or selecting from a pool of 5000 candidates, I think chances are better that you will find the best in a larger pool of candidates. It's simply mathematics. ps, I have not once yet suggested a candidate should be chosen based on race, ...but you keep saying that's what I stand for. it's not. (except in limited circumstances such as in the casting of a film project.) Call me old fashioned, but I think if someone is going to portray the biological offspring of someone... then they should be casting from the same race or from someone passable as a member of that particular ethnicity.
w

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 06:51:12 AM »
I was purposely comparing actors past their prime, with more vital actors in their prime.
Not all the candidates were white either. in the case of the neighbour, she is an older indian woman.

I prefer Boris Kodjoe & Halle Berry for those roles, NOT because of my race, ...but because they are HOT!

I'm sorry, I don't care how you slice it, Boris Kodjoe is hotter than Warren Beatty, regardless of your race. and in Boris' case, it could just as easily be argued he's as white as he is Black. His father was a Ghanain doctor, and his mother a German psychologist. You could even argue he's Jewish, like his maternal grandmother. {wink}

Oh I'm sorry Tarzan, I didn't know you fixated on and fantasized about Warren Beatty.
Jane is gonna be pissed off.

Yes, I am equating diversity and a wider net with the best candidate.
A wider net gives one more options to choose from. If you're selecting from a pool of 5 candidates, or selecting from a pool of 5000 candidates, I think chances are better that you will find the best in a larger pool of candidates. It's simply mathematics. ps, I have not once yet suggested a candidate should be chosen based on race, ...but you keep saying that's what I stand for. it's not. (except in limited circumstances such as in the casting of a film project.) Call me old fashioned, but I think if someone is going to portray the biological offspring of someone... then they should be casting from the same race or from someone passable as a member of that particular ethnicity.
HAHA - Enough about your wet dreams.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 03:37:29 PM »
HAHA - Enough about your wet dreams.

OK, I won't mention Boris anymore.  :P  (Sorry Nikki, you gotta know where I'm coming from on this)   ;D
w