Author Topic: The 50 highest-earning American athletes  (Read 5163 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Re: The 50 highest-earning American athletes
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
Obervations1

1. I didn't see Phil Heath on the list.
2. Why is Matthew Stafford the highest paid NFL player..the Rookie scale thing needs to be in place asap
3. No NHL or MLS player
4. No MMA athlete made the list.
5. AROD made close to zero from endorsement, clearly his star has fallen
6. Tom Brady should be on that list.
7. Michael Jordan qualifies for the list except that he is retired.
8. No NFL running back will ever make this list.
9. I wonder if Usain Bolt would make the last if he was American.
10. AJ  Burnett sucks
11. Steven Straussberg will make this list someday.
12. No tennis players..odd

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/fortunate50-2010/index.html

Mike tyson had surpassed Micheal jordan in 1996

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »
No its a bunch of fucking nonsene from someone who apparently knows nothing and havent watched mma at all because hey "its gay"

So show me PROOF of the decline you're so sure of? doesn't matter who the fucking fans are as long as there are FANS.

UFC has sold out every arena they have Ever been in. Big PPV rating on every damn show.  Going from nothing to a billion dollars company within a few years.

So once again, show me some PROOF not your "expert opinions" about the fans and the fighters which you klnow nothing about ??? ???

...oh thats right you cant. which proved once again that Im right.

I dont know why I bother

"MMA is a rag tag bunch of misfits who couldn't cut it in boxing, football, or wrestling."

Maby the olympic wrestlers and olympic alternatives in UFC might DISSAGREE?!?! OOps did I just prove you Complety 100% wrong?! considiring peopel that have wrestled at the olympic level is the best in the world yes? dumbass

just stop.  ...its even the fastest growing sport in america today. Look it up and then shut your mouth again.

you're the typical Know nothing but claim to know everything mma expert that hasn't even watched a single fight. We have alot guys like you on getbig sadly.

and this is the last explination Im gonna bother doing. Because discussion mma with someone who doesn't know anything At all is just plain pointless.

MMA is the new professional wrestling,  it is what it is and will never be huge the way you think it will.

You seriously think Brock Lesnar is going to be on a box of Wheaties someday, or selling Gillette razors??

If you do you are an idiot.

spinnis

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

MMA is the new professional wrestling,  it is what it is and will never be huge the way you think it will.

You seriously think Brock Lesnar is going to be on a box of Wheaties someday, or selling Gillette razors??

If you do you are an idiot.

you mean the thing that was more popular then almost Any sport at one time?

well wanderlie has been festured in a shitload of different razor commercials in japan So Im guessing that means  ...you're the retard.  (even if its not gilette)

and when did I claim its gonna be on fucking serials? lol.

Its going to be a huge sport though. Just look at the numbers and growth rate of it and see for yourself. Its gonna take a while though the sport as we know it has only been around for a FEW years.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
you mean the thing that was more popular then almost Any sport at one time?

well wanderlie has been festured in a shitload of different razor commercials in japan So Im guessing that means  ...you're the retard.  (even if its not gilette)

and when did I claim its gonna be on fucking serials? lol.

Its going to be a huge sport though. Just look at the numbers and growth rate of it and see for yourself. Its gonna take a while though the sport as we know it has only been around for a FEW years.

You think wrestling was more popular than any other sport???....LOLOLOLOL

Maybe with 12 year olds and closeted short guys from Sweden.

Don't give a fuck about Japan....lots of stars go there and shill stuff for money, it's a different culture. Talking about the States

MMA is about as popular as it's going to be...it's "here" now. It had it's growth spurt and that's it.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »
American football is the biggest sport in the states.mma will never be close.

spinnis

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
You think wrestling was more popular than any other sport???....LOLOLOLOL

Maybe with 12 year olds and closeted short guys from Sweden.

Don't give a fuck about Japan....lots of stars go there and shill stuff for money, it's a different culture. Talking about the States

MMA is about as popular as it's going to be...it's "here" now. It had it's growth spurt and that's it.

whats the point in talking about mma ONLY in the states?  ??? typical american behaviour lol.

wrestlemania when hulk hogan faced andre had 94k people precent. How many other event have had that at that time? or even the years to follow? =)

Any basketball match with 94k people precent? boxing matches?

and look at my post again ant notice the "almost" maby you missed it

spinnis

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
American football is the biggest sport in the states.mma will never be close.

how many years have that been around?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »
how many years have that been around?

It will be around when the mma fad is over.not saying the MMA won't last.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »
whats the point in talking about mma ONLY in the states?  ??? typical american behaviour lol.

wrestlemania when hulk hogan faced andre had 94k people precent. How many other event have had that at that time? or even the years to follow? =)

Any basketball match with 94k people precent? boxing matches?

and look at my post again ant notice the "almost" maby you missed it

Yes..wrestling was "hot" about 15 years ago, and it has cooled off considerably. it's back on cable drawing So-So numbers where it belongs

MMA has come into the mainstream and had a big upswing...but that won't go on forever. it will level off. That's how it works in the entertainment biz.

I'm not saying MMA isn't here to stay....it is, but if you think it's going to be a as popular as baseball or the NFL you are fucking high.

spinnis

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »
Yes..wrestling was "hot" about 15 years ago, and it has cooled off considerably. it's back on cable drawing So-So numbers where it belongs

MMA has come into the mainstream and had a big upswing...but that won't go on forever. it will level off. That's how it works in the entertainment biz.

I'm not saying MMA isn't here to stay....it is, but if you think it's going to be a as popular as baseball or the NFL you are fucking high.

yes, I wasn't talking about wrestling today..

you cannot compare MMA to soemthing thats been around as long at nfl ans baseball has bro..
It will never catch up to those ofc In the states. It has the potential to become pretty fuckigng big though, as seen in japan where people Appriciate MMA and Knows stuff about it.. and its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge there.

but yeah, you only wanted to talk about usa. Im talking about it as a Whole =)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
yes, I wasn't talking about wrestling today..

you cannot compare MMA to soemthing thats been around as long at nfl ans baseball has bro..
It will never catch up to those ofc In the states. It has the potential to become pretty fuckigng big though, as seen in japan where people Appriciate MMA and Knows stuff about it.. and its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge there.

but yeah, you only wanted to talk about usa. Im talking about it as a Whole =)

Fuck Japan...weird little fuckers. You do fit right in over there  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »
Fuck Japan...weird little fuckers. You do fit right in over there  ;D

being average height for once wouldnt hurt lol.

cant stand their fucking eyes, it creeps me the fuck out

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »

Interesting Groink, do you think MMA has a hit a peak and will eventually settle somewhere in top 8 of all sports?  I'vr been following this since the beginning and never thought it would get this big.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »
Eli Manning up there representing Big Blue .... 8) 8) 8) 8)
L

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »
I love MMA but I have to agree with Groink here .
The only organization in the world  keeping MMA alive or popular  is the UFC (thanks to hype marketing)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 07:06:15 PM »
Maybe Floyd can pay his bills now.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
Threads like these are stupid. It's not like you'll ever get your hands on that. And probably half of that will be taxed.