Author Topic: Breaks my heart to admit BeachBum is occasionally right.  (Read 2505 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Breaks my heart to admit BeachBum is occasionally right.
« on: July 23, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
It is with great pain and personal agony that I'm forced to admit recently learning of a acquaintance using abortion as her primary means of birth control. I really was in denial that people like this exist but still feel this nitwit is an exception, rather than the rule. God only knows what she would have done with another 4 kids but WTF?! Apparently this hippie wanna be feels pills upset her delicate hormonal balance and condoms would just be too much work. :)

We can't hang anymore because the judgement of someone that stupid can't be trusted.

Don't get cocky Double Bee. Even a stopped clock is right twice/day. :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Breaks my heart to admit BeachBum is occasionally right.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
the vast majority of abortions are elective and not for medical reasons doc...seeing as pregnancy is 99.99% preventable, what does that tell you about the ppl who are getting abortions?

again plenty of reasons to be against abortions other than religion like there being a 99.99% chance that you can prevent it... ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »
It is with great pain and personal agony that I'm forced to admit recently learning of a acquaintance using abortion as her primary means of birth control. I really was in denial that people like this exist but still feel this nitwit is an exception, rather than the rule. God only knows what she would have done with another 4 kids but WTF?! Apparently this hippie wanna be feels pills upset her delicate hormonal balance and condoms would just be too much work. :)

We can't hang anymore because the judgement of someone that stupid can't be trusted.

lol.  I'm not going to get cocky, because I'm not sure what you're saying I'm right about?  If you're agreeing with me that abortion is primarily a form of birth control and done for convenience purporses, then I'm glad you've seen the light.   :)  You should read up on Tiller "The Baby Killer" and why some of his patients got late term abortions.   :-\

If you're saying I oppose abortion, I've never said that and don't know exactly what I think about whether it should be "legal" or not.  I will say Colossus has had a big impact on how I view this issue. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »
I'm saying that some of the population who utilize abortions fit the stereotype. Kinda ironic because this case is someone who has had every advantage in life.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 05:07:47 PM »
Except it's not a stereotype.   :-\

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:08 PM »
I'm saying that some of the population who utilize abortions fit the stereotype. Kinda ironic because this case is someone who has had every advantage in life.

DRKAJE-- I know of someone who also had every advantage in life that used abortion as her primary form of birth control.  One stereotype about poor people that I totally disagree with is that money acts as an equalizer because it encourages less destructive behavior and changes an individuals perspective. For example, money supposedly enables people to avoid making decisions from a desperate vantage point-- ( ie- a poor person will steal bread if they are starving to death but someone with money won't steal bread because they aren't hungry and can afford it-- type argument). I am sure there are plenty of poor people who do the same, but I honestly get the feeling that this kind of fucked up shit usually occurs with women that come from rich families who can afford (and might prefer) to allow their daughter to have multiple abortions rather than accept her having a child out of wedlock. Or in other situations, the girl is morally bankrupt, promiscuous and has a ton of disposable income that her parents don't really pay attention to, so nobody ever really finds out about it.

If anything, having money and other advantages in life often leads to extravagant depravity, greed, willfull laziness and a disconnect from anything resembling values.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
lol.  I'm not going to get cocky, because I'm not sure what you're saying I'm right about?  If you're agreeing with me that abortion is primarily a form of birth control and done for convenience purporses, then I'm glad you've seen the light.   :)  You should read up on Tiller "The Baby Killer" and why some of his patients got late term abortions.   :-\

If you're saying I oppose abortion, I've never said that and don't know exactly what I think about whether it should be "legal" or not.  I will say Colossus has had a big impact on how I view this issue.  

drkage?

btw - what's up with the smiley faces?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 12:01:47 AM »
hey straw and doc seeing as pregnancy is 99.99% preventable what does that tell you about the ppl having abortions for reasons other than health reasons?(which is the VAST VAST majority of ppl having abortions)

its a form of BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 01:53:19 AM »
DRKAJE-- I know of someone who also had every advantage in life that used abortion as her primary form of birth control.  One stereotype about poor people that I totally disagree with is that money acts as an equalizer because it encourages less destructive behavior and changes an individuals perspective. For example, money supposedly enables people to avoid making decisions from a desperate vantage point-- ( ie- a poor person will steal bread if they are starving to death but someone with money won't steal bread because they aren't hungry and can afford it-- type argument). I am sure there are plenty of poor people who do the same, but I honestly get the feeling that this kind of fucked up shit usually occurs with women that come from rich families who can afford (and might prefer) to allow their daughter to have multiple abortions rather than accept her having a child out of wedlock. Or in other situations, the girl is morally bankrupt, promiscuous and has a ton of disposable income that her parents don't really pay attention to, so nobody ever really finds out about it. If anything, having money and other advantages in life often leads to extravagant depravity, greed, willfull laziness and a disconnect from anything resembling values.
I had this a lot in high school. Lil rich girls getting abortions, one girl had three. Some of the women who were middle class that i had once worked with bragged about going to the free clinics for birth control. Others just get the abortions, especally if the guy she had sex with wasn't cute, or the parents disapproved.

I knew a woman who wouldn't take birth control pills because it messed up her hormones, and she was allergic to latex-so no condoms, but did that stop her from having sex, noooooo.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 05:14:09 AM »
hey straw and doc seeing as pregnancy is 99.99% preventable what does that tell you about the ppl having abortions for reasons other than health reasons?(which is the VAST VAST majority of ppl having abortions)

So is a good shove down a flight of stairs or punch in the uterus, LOL! Generally, the term "birth control" is typically limited to preventing conception.

The reason someone wants an abortion is none of our business. This case is just someone being irresponsible and taking no steps beyond 'I know my body' and pulling out to avoid pregnancy. A few dumbasses don't invalidate the right to end pregnancies.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »

did the exclamation point key get stuck?

abortion is a "birth control" only in the broadest definition possible

abortion certainly does not fit the definition of "contraception"

I think it's safe to say that most women are aware of the various methods of contraception and most who want to prevent pregnancy choose and use one of those forms

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »
So is a good shove down a flight of stairs or punch in the uterus, LOL! Generally, the term "birth control" is typically limited to preventing conception.

The reason someone wants an abortion is none of our business. This case is just someone being irresponsible and taking no steps beyond 'I know my body' and pulling out to avoid pregnancy. A few dumbasses don't invalidate the right to end pregnancies.
LOL the fact that it is 99.99% preventable should invalidate the right to end pregnancies, there is a way to prevent it if you dont take the steps to prevent it you should live with it...

either that or you give the man the same choice...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 10:14:35 PM »
did the exclamation point key get stuck?

abortion is a "birth control" only in the broadest definition possible

abortion certainly does not fit the definition of "contraception"

I think it's safe to say that most women are aware of the various methods of contraception and most who want to prevent pregnancy choose and use one of those forms
I agree which is why those that dont choose to use one of those forms should not get the choice to have an abortion.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 10:32:57 PM »
I agree which is why those that dont choose to use one of those forms should not get the choice to have an abortion.

says who?

thats your problem

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »
says who?

thats your problem
LOL you dont think its hypocritical of you to deny the man a choice but give one to the woman though right?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 10:37:10 PM »
LOL you dont think its hypocritical of you to deny the man a choice but give one to the woman though right?

choice?

contraception?

accidental/unintended/unwanted...pregnancy?

haven't already had this discusssion at length at least twice?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 10:49:41 PM »
choice?

contraception?

accidental/unintended/unwanted...pregnancy?

haven't already had this discusssion at length at least twice?
yes we have and you still refuse to see your ignorance...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 09:16:40 AM »
yes we have and you still refuse to see your ignorance...

right back at you genius

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »
It is with great pain and personal agony that I'm forced to admit recently learning of a acquaintance using abortion as her primary means of birth control.

speaking purely scientifically....so?

big deal...her life..her choice... :-\

do u really want a dumbfuk like that to have kids? :-\
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 10:16:05 AM »
speaking purely scientifically....so?

big deal...her life..her choice... :-\

do u really want a dumbfuk like that to have kids? :-\

She already has one, LOL!