Author Topic: The Tea Party is Perverted and Irrelevant  (Read 4982 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Tea Party is Perverted and Irrelevant
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
Yeah, only tea party people can be racist.  This just came out.     ::)  ::)

Wow. This is damning. That pig and her husband are racists.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »
Both are die hard racists,this is what missed by Danny,who would rather paint her in a good light and FOX in a bad light.Ever hear ANYONE on FOX make statements like this?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »
Monday
11:18 a.m.*: Breitbart posts Sherrod video, calls her "racist," claims "Context is everything." Breitbart posted the heavily edited video of Sherrod and falsely suggested that Sherrod discriminated against a white farmer in her capacity as the Agriculture Department's Georgia Director of Rural Development:

We are in possession of a video from in which Shirley Sherrod, USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development, speaks at the NAACP Freedom Fund dinner in Georgia. In her meandering speech to what appears to be an all-black audience, this federally appointed executive bureaucrat lays out in stark detail, that her federal duties are managed through the prism of race and class distinctions.

In the first video, Sherrod describes how she racially discriminates against a white farmer. She describes how she is torn over how much she will choose to help him. And, she admits that she doesn't do everything she can for him, because he is white. Eventually, her basic humanity informs that this white man is poor and needs help. But she decides that he should get help from "one of his own kind". She refers him to a white lawyer.

Sherrod's racist tale is received by the NAACP audience with nodding approval and murmurs of recognition and agreement. Hardly the behavior of the group now holding itself up as the supreme judge of another groups' racial tolerance.

Fox News amplifies Breitbart's deceptively edited video. On July 19, FoxNews.com reported: "Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy." The FoxNews.com article further reported that "[t]he video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com" and that "FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA." The article is no longer available on FoxNews.com but was republished on another website:

12:13 p.m.: Hoft runs with Breitbart video. In a Gateway Pundit post titled, "More Racism at NAACP: Radical Obama Official Admits That She Openly Discriminates Against Whites," Jim Hoft posted Breitbart's video clip and wrote: "The former civil rights group known as the NAACP does not just invite anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan and radical America-hating Marxist Jeremiah Wright to speak at their events ...They also invite government officials who hate whitey, too." Hoft further wrote that "Sherrod admits in a speech at the NAACP that she discriminated against farmers because they were white."

12:55 p.m.: HotAir's Morrissey: "Breitbart hits NAACP with promised video of racism." HotAir's Ed Morrissey wrote in a post titled, "Breitbart hits NAACP with promised video of racism," that the video "show USDA official Shirley Sherrod explain to an appreciative NAACP audience in July 2009 how she deliberately withheld information from a white farmer in Georgia trying to save his land and his business." Morrissey later noted: "Actually, if Sherrod had a different ending for this story, it could have been a good tale of redemption. She almost grasps this by initially noting that poverty is the real issue, which should be the moral of the anecdote. Instead of having acted on this realization -- and perhaps mindful of the audience -- Sherrod then backtracks and says that it's really an issue of race after all."

1:40 p.m. (approximately): Fox Nation accuses Sherrod of "discrimination caught on tape" before she resigned. Fox Nation linked to Breitbart's Big Government piece and posted the deceptively cropped clips of Sherrod's speech at the NAACP in a post titled, "Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer":

The first reader to comment on the post is from July 19 at 1:41 p.m.:

After news broke that Sherrod resigned, the post's headline was changed to read "Obama Official Resigns After Discrimination Caught on Tape":

1:49 p.m.: Ace of Spades picks up Sherrod story, calls it an example of "your government, working for you." In an Ace of Spades post, blogger "Ace" posted Breitbart's video and wrote that "[f]aced with a white farmer whose farm was in Chapter 12," Sherrod "decided she wouldn't do 'the full force' of what she could do to help him, because she was concerned about black folks losing their farms."

3:31 p.m.: Elizabeth Scalia of the blog The Anchoress raises questions about the editing of Breitbart's video. In her post, Scalia wrote, "I am uncomfortable with this 'get' by Breitbart." Scalia further questioned Breitbart's selectively edited video of Sherrod's comments (emphasis in the original):

Nevertheless I am uncomfortable with this "get" by Breitbart.

[...]

But the video ends so abruptly!

Sherrod, who is not an impressive public speaker, says she did not do all she could for the "poor white farmer" who she perceived to be somehow both asking for her help and simultaneously "trying to show me he was superior to me; I knew what he was doing ..." She admits that she did just "enough" for the farmer so as to cover her own sense of accountability and then: "I took him to a white lawyer ... I figured if I took him to one of them, then his own kind would take care of him."

Yes, there is a bit of paranoid projection, there, and some shocking language -- language that has been rightly rejected by society -- that seems to play well to the audience. But then Sherrod apparently has a revelation. She begins to understand that "it's about poor versus those who have, and not so much about white -- it is about white and black -- but you know it opened my eyes, because I took him to one of his own."

Yes? AND?

[...]

Doesn't it seem like, after all of that sort of winking, "you and I know how they really are" racist crap wherein Sherrod -- intentionally or not -- indicts her own narrow focus, she was heading to a more edifying message? What did it open her eyes about? Was she about to say "I took him to one of his own, but it shouldn't have mattered about that; my job was to serve all the farmers who needed help."

Was she about to say, "I learned about myself and about how far we still have to go?"

Was she about to say "it's not poor vs those who have, because we are not at war, we are just in the same human reality that ever was?"

Was she about to say, "poor is poor, hungry is hungry and the past is the past when a family can't eat?"

I want to know. Because it seemed like Sherrod was heading somewhere with that story, and the edit does not let us get there. I want the rest of the story before I start passing judgment on it.

[...]

I want to see the rest of the tape. I cannot believe Sherrod ended on "I took him to one of his own." Either she said something much worse after that (which we would have seen) or she said something much better.

If it was something "better" then we should have seen that, too.

4:01 p.m. Ace of Spades reports that CBS' NYC affiliate picked up Sherrod story, declares, "Breitbart gets results." "Ace" wrote that a "CBS Affiliate Picks Up Breitbart's Vid of Sherrod's Racist Attitude" and that "Breitbart gets results."

4:28 p.m. (approximately): Sherrod story hits Drudge. The Drudge Report linked to CBS' New York City affiliate's story on Sherrod with the headline, SHOCK: Video Suggests Racism At NAACP Event." From the Drudge Report:

4:50 p.m.: Breitbart tweets to Media Matters: "Tomorrow's gonna be a long day." In a Twitter post to Media Matters for America, Breitbart wrote: "Get some rest. Tomorrow's gonna be long day & first of many in a row."

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »
Racism For Thee, But Not For Me: The Sherrod Family Bigots

Posted by Melissa Clouthier on Jul 26 2010 Filed under Featured, Media Bias, Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Now that the mainstream media has firmly established that all white people are racist, and Andrew Breitbart, in particular is racist, I’m wondering why their poster-girl for subjugation has been whisked out of the limelight? I mean, the woman has a story to tell and she should be telling it far and wide as a cautionary tale and to change the culture to being more accepting, tolerant and open. You know, to follow her excellent example of growth and personal development.

Maybe the reason she’s not around is because every time she opens her mouth, she reveals herself to be an unevolved bigot herself. And evidently, she’s not alone in her worldview.

Dan Riehl prevents a damning video of Sherrod’s husband Charles. Dan has a “conversation” with Salon editor Joan Walsh, whose dimwittedness was on full display this weekend on CNN’s reliable sources.

From Dan’s research:

Charles Sherrod: “We must stop the white man and his Uncle Toms from stealing our elections.”

Gee, Joan, can you tell me what’s so heroic about telling a room full of young black minds not even out in the world, yet – that if they ever embrace political, or socio-economic ideas that don’t jibe with your hero’s, the one elevated in a room before them, that they will be denounced as race-traitors? That is what Uncle Tom means, after all. What REALLY is heroic in that? It looks to me like what your hero does is build up their black identity to an extreme, then sends them a message that, if they don’t vote, or act the way he wants them to, he and his community make them outcasts, stripping that very identity from them as traitors to their race. Is that the message heroic Civil Rights leaders are passing on to young blacks today? It sounds like it to me, Joan.

Racism for thee, but not for me.

Consider for a moment Shirley Sherrod’s own words. Imagine, for example, if I or any other conservative white woman said, “It’s not about black or white, well it really is about blacks…”

It wouldn’t matter about context. It wouldn’t matter about capturing nuances.

But even in the Sherrod case, the more context that’s revealed, such as her whole speech, and then her family and associates and the environment, the worse the story gets. Not only did Shirley Sherrod view everything through the lens of race, her family does and continues to do so too.

To pull a leftist favorite: Black bigotry is a systemic problem. It’s a cultural problem. And it needs to change.

And here’s my question for wobbly conservatives: Why aren’t you defending Andrew Breitbart here?

If your answer is public relations and the MSM is skewering us and this is a losing battle, I question your commitment to bettering America. The subject of race relations will never improve if we continue to hold one race to one set of politically correct standards and another race to another set of standards.

By definition, that’s racist.

Part of being American means being tolerant of other races, religions, creeds, etc. Does that mean that racism doesn’t exist? No. But it does mean that it’s a good thing that there’s social sanction against ultimately self-defeating behavior like seeing through the prism of race, alone.

Part of being conservative means judging someone as an individual and not seeing people as a group or collective. Part of being conservative means looking at a person’s character and actions, not his skin color or gender. Part of being conservative means having the courage to fight against falsehoods that misconstrue the argument and defend the indefensible.

Shirley Sherrod is nowhere to be seen these days because the more she talks, the more she reveals if not outright racism, but the bigotry that defines her worldview. It’s damaging to the liberal case casting Shirley Sherrod as the victim instead of as the woman who would use her power to help people of one race over another.

I suspect that the reason she was fired so quickly is because the Obama administration knew of her associations and actions and knew that those words were not an isolated incident but a way of life. The mainstream media, reliable as always, roared to her rescue.

Once again, the story is not at all what the MSM portrays. Conservatives need to have the courage to reveal the truth–even when it’s uncomfortable.

http://libertypundits.net/article/racism-for-thee-but-not-for-me-the-sherrod-family-bigots/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »
It looks like this is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »
Racism For Thee, But Not For Me: The Sherrod Family Bigots

Posted by Melissa Clouthier on Jul 26 2010 Filed under Featured, Media Bias, Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Now that the mainstream media has firmly established that all white people are racist, and Andrew Breitbart, in particular is racist, I’m wondering why their poster-girl for subjugation has been whisked out of the limelight? I mean, the woman has a story to tell and she should be telling it far and wide as a cautionary tale and to change the culture to being more accepting, tolerant and open. You know, to follow her excellent example of growth and personal development.

Maybe the reason she’s not around is because every time she opens her mouth, she reveals herself to be an unevolved bigot herself. And evidently, she’s not alone in her worldview.

Dan Riehl prevents a damning video of Sherrod’s husband Charles. Dan has a “conversation” with Salon editor Joan Walsh, whose dimwittedness was on full display this weekend on CNN’s reliable sources.

From Dan’s research:

Charles Sherrod: “We must stop the white man and his Uncle Toms from stealing our elections.”

Gee, Joan, can you tell me what’s so heroic about telling a room full of young black minds not even out in the world, yet – that if they ever embrace political, or socio-economic ideas that don’t jibe with your hero’s, the one elevated in a room before them, that they will be denounced as race-traitors? That is what Uncle Tom means, after all. What REALLY is heroic in that? It looks to me like what your hero does is build up their black identity to an extreme, then sends them a message that, if they don’t vote, or act the way he wants them to, he and his community make them outcasts, stripping that very identity from them as traitors to their race. Is that the message heroic Civil Rights leaders are passing on to young blacks today? It sounds like it to me, Joan.

Racism for thee, but not for me.

Consider for a moment Shirley Sherrod’s own words. Imagine, for example, if I or any other conservative white woman said, “It’s not about black or white, well it really is about blacks…”

It wouldn’t matter about context. It wouldn’t matter about capturing nuances.

But even in the Sherrod case, the more context that’s revealed, such as her whole speech, and then her family and associates and the environment, the worse the story gets. Not only did Shirley Sherrod view everything through the lens of race, her family does and continues to do so too.

To pull a leftist favorite: Black bigotry is a systemic problem. It’s a cultural problem. And it needs to change.

And here’s my question for wobbly conservatives: Why aren’t you defending Andrew Breitbart here?

If your answer is public relations and the MSM is skewering us and this is a losing battle, I question your commitment to bettering America. The subject of race relations will never improve if we continue to hold one race to one set of politically correct standards and another race to another set of standards.

By definition, that’s racist.

Part of being American means being tolerant of other races, religions, creeds, etc. Does that mean that racism doesn’t exist? No. But it does mean that it’s a good thing that there’s social sanction against ultimately self-defeating behavior like seeing through the prism of race, alone.

Part of being conservative means judging someone as an individual and not seeing people as a group or collective. Part of being conservative means looking at a person’s character and actions, not his skin color or gender. Part of being conservative means having the courage to fight against falsehoods that misconstrue the argument and defend the indefensible.

Shirley Sherrod is nowhere to be seen these days because the more she talks, the more she reveals if not outright racism, but the bigotry that defines her worldview. It’s damaging to the liberal case casting Shirley Sherrod as the victim instead of as the woman who would use her power to help people of one race over another.

I suspect that the reason she was fired so quickly is because the Obama administration knew of her associations and actions and knew that those words were not an isolated incident but a way of life. The mainstream media, reliable as always, roared to her rescue.

Once again, the story is not at all what the MSM portrays. Conservatives need to have the courage to reveal the truth–even when it’s uncomfortable.

http://libertypundits.net/article/racism-for-thee-but-not-for-me-the-sherrod-family-bigots/

Nothing racist about that.We need to focus on real racism like a morning shock jock like Don Imus calling the rutgers womens basketball team "nappy headed hos".Of course,no mention that in the next sentance he said how cute the Tennesee squad was and they had 4 black starters.So lets concentrate on real racism like that,nothing to see here with the Sherod case.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »
The left is so desperate to paint the Right as the racist bigots despite that it's become more and more clear that the left is just as racist and bigoted. How pathetic.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if the NAACP adressed the real problems in the black community such as absurdly high crime rates, children born out of wedlock, massive illiteracy and droput rates, and gangs? Nope, much easier to find racist boogymen like the Tea Party members. Ridiculous.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
That would be racist. The black community has no problems except white racism and corporate greed. By eliminating white people and rich people, everything else will work itself out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
That would be racist. The black community has no problems except white racism and corporate greed. By eliminating white people and rich people, everything else will work itself out.

That seems to be working out great in Zimbabwe GW!