Author Topic: Tancredo To Run For Gov Former GOP Congressman To Seek Third Party Nomination  (Read 773 times)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
....and it ain't the Tea Party... ;D LOL

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/24395910/detail.html?treets=den&tml=den_break&ts=T&tmi=den_break_1_01500207262010

DENVER -- Former GOP congressman Tom Tancredo is in the race for governor.

Tancredo had given the two Republican candidates a noon deadline to withdraw from the Republican ticket if polls showed the primary winner was behind Democratic Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. If they didn't, he said he would jump into the race as a third-party candidate.

At 12:30 p.m., Tancredo confirmed he is seeking the nomination of the American Constitution Party, as their candidate for governor.

"That is my goal. That is my absolute desire," Tancredo told 7NEWS. "I don't want Mayor Hickenlooper to be governor."

"I think I have a better chance of winning in a three-way race than either one of the two Republican candidates have today in a two-way race," he said.

Tancredo will register his new party affiliation with the Colorado Secretary of State and the party will form a vacancy committee to put him on the ballot by the end of the week, a spokeswoman said.

Both Scott McInnis and Dan Maes refused to go along and said they will continue campaigning for the Republican nomination.

Tancredo said he believes the two GOP candidates have no chance of winning the general election against Hickenlooper.

The Colorado Statesman reported that current American Constitution Party gubernatorial candidate Ben Goss is defending Tancredo’s party shift as longtime coming.

“A lot of people are trying to cast Tancredo as an opportunist (and) that’s wrong. He didn’t just jump into this -- it’s a culmination of two years of talks with Tom,” said Goss.

Dick Wadhams, head of the state’s Republican Party, also said Tancredo's running would split the Republican vote in the general election, giving Hickenlooper the win.

Tancredo said Wadhams criticized McInnis and Dan Maes in private, which Wadhams denied.

In an interview with the two men on KHOW radio, Wadhams said he noted both candidates both had problems, but claims he didn't criticize them.

Tancredo's anticipated run for governor had a stumble before he even declared himself a candidate.

Twenty-one state Tea Party groups issued an open letter to Tancredo Sunday warning that his third-party bid would be a "disaster, assuring victory" for Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, the Democratic candidate. The groups accused the former congressman of “subverting the process and our will.”

The groups said Tancredo's "High Noon ultimatum … completely contradicts" his own advice in a Dec. 21 open letter to Tea Party supporters that third-party campaigns have historically backfired.

"Leaving the party is not the answer," Tancredo wrote at the time. "Throughout our nation’s history, third parties have never succeeded in taking power and running the government… Often, they succeeded only in electing the more liberal candidate."

The Tea Party groups had urged Tancredo to withdraw his ultimatum and work within the Republic Party.

"We trusted and listened to you …but now you do not trust the Republican voters of Colorado to thoughtfully and logically evaluate the choices before us," the Tea Party backers wrote. "You want to impose your personal choice and will over the will of the people. You are subverting the process and our will. This is the opposite of the liberty movement and what we are about."

In the wake of the Tancredo ultimatum, the group's said an unscientific poll of members found 66 percent of the 754 respondents would not vote for Tancredo for governor.

"This does not foretell a conservative victory, but rather an impending disaster, assuring victory for Mayor Hickenlooper and the liberal agenda in Colorado for at least four more years," the groups said.

"I think I can be a credible candidate," said Tancredo. "I will run as hard as I possibly can and I am going to the offer the people in this state a choice."

Maes, discussing Tancredo's decision to run, said, "I think it's a bit arrogant of Tom ... It's high noon, and I'm still here."

Shortly after noon, McInnis issued a statement that said:

"This election is about job creation, a stronger business climate, an end to unconstitutional tax increases and a commitment to reduce the size and scope of state government. We have elections to battle out competing visions for Colorado's future, and our fellow citizens are voting in the primary today as they have been for the past week.

"Those looking for a deadline should focus on the only real deadline: August 10 at 7 p.m. This is when the polls close, the people have voted and their votes are counted. That's the way the system works in a free society.

"Colorado Republicans will speak with their votes on that day, and I will abide by their decision."
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
IF he wins this... he'll be an early frontrunner for 2012 Repub nomination.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman

;D

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Yes because he got so much support last time he ran.What did het get 2% of the vote.Ha,ha,ha a one issue candidate can not win,he proved that last time.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Yes because he got so much support last time he ran.What did het get 2% of the vote.Ha,ha,ha a one issue candidate can not win,he proved that last time.

Watch him split the republican vote and hand the race to the dems.  ;D

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain

Thanks in advance to the cuntservatives.  ;D

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Im not talking about that race,Im talking about 240 saying he would be a front runner in 2012.Are you kidding me,he is a nothing.By the way,all thois talk about splitting the party,I notice Rubio has the lead in Florida again.This year will be a sunami at the polls and all those little limp wristed liberal  pieces of shit who have their noses up Obamas filthy black ass are going to be crying at the end of the day asking "what happened,Barrack is the mesiah,how did he lead us to such a major league ass whipping".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

240 is Back

• Getbig V

I remember *wise* getbiggers telling us that there would be NO TEA PARTY CANDIDIATES SPLITTING THE REPUBLICAN VOTE.

now, we have tea party VS repub gov VS Dem in Florida (Senator).
We have 2 conservatives running against 1 Dem in Colorado (Governor).

At this point, the Tea party is benefitting the Dems...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I remember *wise* getbiggers telling us that there would be NO TEA PARTY CANDIDIATES SPLITTING THE REPUBLICAN VOTE.

Umm,wrong as usual.In Florida we have the victorious Republican candidate vs a democrat vs. a #girl who couldnt take his ass whipping like a man.A man so hell bent on power,that he would rather a dem win the seat then the real republican.Your spin is sad.Primaries are the vehicle to win your parties vote of confidence.Crist got his f'n ass handed to him and like the gutless coward he is,took his ball and went home.He is a pussy and NOT a republican.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman

Sharon Angle in Nevada, technically she is not splitting the vote but she's definitely bat shit crazy teabagger....she's gonna make Reid look like a moderate republican in the end. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Umm,wrong as usual.In Florida we have the victorious Republican candidate vs a democrat vs. a #girl who couldnt take his ass whipping like a man.A man so hell bent on power,that he would rather a dem win the seat then the real republican.Your spin is sad.Primaries are the vehicle to win your parties vote of confidence.Crist got his f'n ass handed to him and like the gutless coward he is,took his ball and went home.He is a pussy and NOT a republican.

To AE thats sellout whites that get hard from Obama.Pulling their one inch puds listening to him bash whites.So filled with guilt they take pride in a sppok insulting them.Like yourself a pathetic race traitor.

Times change.  The tea party probably peaked a few months ago.  Remember, if the GOp 2008 primary was held in the fall, when the economy was the issue, Romney would have beaten mccain.  since Iraq was the top issue in the spring, the war canddiate mccain won.  Same with the dems - if the economy was in the tank in the spring, the anti-war face (obama) would have lost to the lady that promised a return to Clintonian economic policy.

So while Crist lost in the primary, he could very well win in the Overall election.  This is Rubio's first election on a national level, and Crist is a vet.  On election day, my $ is on Crist to use his experience (and the fact many dems will vote Crist knowing Meek has no chance) and will squeak it out.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Sharon Angle in Nevada, technically she is not splitting the vote but she's definitely bat shit crazy teabagger....she's gonna make Reid look like a moderate republican in the end. ;D

She won the primary.Thats how politics work.McCain was a filthy liberal idiot,I despise him but he was the republican candidate.Thats how primaries work.Sometimes you get a good candidate sometimes not.

To 2409,Crist got his f'n ass kicked against Rubio,gets his ass smoked in every single debate and actually sounds like a simpleton when he goes against him.I think your going to be very very surprised and disapointed come election day if you think the right is calmer now,you have no idea how fired up they are.There are going to be wins by people that will shock you.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Times change.  The tea party probably peaked a few months ago.  Remember, if the GOp 2008 primary was held in the fall, when the economy was the issue, Romney would have beaten mccain.  since Iraq was the top issue in the spring, the war canddiate mccain won.  Same with the dems - if the economy was in the tank in the spring, the anti-war face (obama) would have lost to the lady that promised a return to Clintonian economic policy.

So while Crist lost in the primary, he could very well win in the Overall election.  This is Rubio's first election on a national level, and Crist is a vet.  On election day, my $ is on Crist to use his experience (and the fact many dems will vote Crist knowing Meek has no chance) and will squeak it out.

X2

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
" On election day, my $ is on Crist to use his experience (and the fact many dems will vote Crist knowing Meek has no chance) and will squeak it out."

MANY voters would vote libertarian IN A MINUTE if they thought their guy would win.  In 2000, I campaigned for Harry browne, then voted Dubya.  So did many.  I understood my favorite candidate had no chance, so I picked from the other remaining 2.

Meek is 15 or 20 points back.  Most educated voters know he has no chance.  But rubio and crist are very close - either can win.  So it's fair to say many Meek supporters will choose one of the other 2 candidates.  It's also safe to guess more of them will vote "moderate" with Crist, than "Far right" with Rubio.  So we should be able to add a few points to Crists' current total - he will get some Meek votes.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
" On election day, my $ is on Crist to use his experience (and the fact many dems will vote Crist knowing Meek has no chance) and will squeak it out."

MANY voters would vote libertarian IN A MINUTE if they thought their guy would win.  In 2000, I campaigned for Harry browne, then voted Dubya.  So did many.  I understood my favorite candidate had no chance, so I picked from the other remaining 2.

Meek is 15 or 20 points back.  Most educated voters know he has no chance.  But rubio and crist are very close - either can win.  So it's fair to say many Meek supporters will choose one of the other 2 candidates.  It's also safe to guess more of them will vote "moderate" with Crist, than "Far right" with Rubio.  So we should be able to add a few points to Crists' current total - he will get some Meek votes.

The vast majority of dem voters in Florida are elderly or black.These fools will never ever think it out the way you do.Once in the booth ,they will vote democrat.Rubio by 6 pts in the end.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
The vast majority of dem voters in Florida are elderly or black.These fools will never ever think it out the way you do.

Link to these stats?

LMAO... I live here... I'm a former teacher here (and man, you should see how many of the teachers had Gore or Kerry stickers vs blank bumpers in the parking lots).  And let's not even start on the number of Obama bumper stickers you would see in traffic back then.