Author Topic: Is society getting more fucked up or does youtube just let us see more?  (Read 6378 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I was arguing with a friend who was screaming about society's downfall and the rise in violence as seen by these numerous youtube clips.

My argument is that mankind has always been fucked up and violent, it's just that youtube has allowed us to see more shit that we'd never see or hear about 10 or 20 years ago.

discuss.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Definitely the latter, although it probably feeds into a vicious cycle and triggers / encourages similar behaviour from the feeble minded who think what they're seeing is cool and want to repeat it or do it "better". Immigration trends and (d)evolving of culture plays a big part too.

The internet and mobile phone technology allows us to see and hear a lot of things that the media would never cover, which was the only way people came to know about such things up until the early 90s, unless they or someone they knew witnessed the incident in some way. Same as how Getbig has opened our eyes to all the sordid stuff that has been going on in bodybuilding over the years and which we would've never known about from just reading FLEX or MD.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
youtube let us see more.

rape murder violence etc etc = human being, since the beginning of the world.
asstropin

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Encouraged by violence?  Some truly primitive fuckers out there.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
well... things ARE much more fucked up, violence has expanded, vastly... everything is more violent these days. It has allways been but ow it's more expanded.

but it sure is COOOOL as hell  :P

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
youtube let us see more.

rape murder violence etc etc = human being, since the beginning of the world.

X2

Imagine if they had youtube during the Dark Ages.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
X2

Imagine if they had youtube during the Dark Ages.
for me it's the opposite. The internet has convinced  people aren't near as evil as i use to think, were just fucking weak minded animals. Nazi' thought they were good people, child molestors, muderer's etc.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
for me it's the opposite. The internet has convinced  people aren't near as evil as i use to think, were just fucking weak minded animals. Nazi' thought they were good people, child molestors, muderer's etc.

LOL, nazi  ::)..... why not use african tribe leaders, cesars, the jews (babylonians) and other people as an example... nazism wasn't the first tyrann and it certainly wasn't the worst of it's kind.

and people are more fucked up today than before, even though the shit was more public in the old days with public hand to hand combat till death, public executions etc etc.... but the shit we do now days is nothing compared.

Army of One

• Getbig V
I think rather than youtube, theync and sites like that really has opened my eyes to the depravity that people are capable of, like has been said up until around 97 or so it just wasnt possible to show the public such things.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Crazy black guy deserves everything he has in this life ..
L

devilsmile

• Getbig V
Crazy black guy deserves everything he has in this life ..

I thought the video is the funniest shit ever :D

this video in the other hand  >:(

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
I was arguing with a friend who was screaming about society's downfall and the rise in violence as seen by these numerous youtube clips.

My argument is that mankind has always been fucked up and violent, it's just that youtube has allowed us to see more shit that we'd never see or hear about 10 or 20 years ago.

discuss.

crime is on the downfall despite what you see
TEAM Nasser

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Everyone has always wanted to get their 15 minutes one way or another. The internet however has brought us humility. Anonymous posting on the brain that is the internet is the single most greatest thing for mankind to help us move forward. It's the subconscious of the machine itself.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
LOL, nazi  ::)..... why not use african tribe leaders, cesars, the jews (babylonians) and other people as an example... nazism wasn't the first tyrann and it certainly wasn't the worst of it's kind.

and people are more fucked up today than before, even though the shit was more public in the old days with public hand to hand combat till death, public executions etc etc.... but the shit we do now days is nothing compared.
Hmm lol, well the nazi's are the ones everyone knows, as the most evil, however i think it's a joke as well btw.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
I'd hate to be a female. Weak and pathetic and could be raped or killed at any moment.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
I'd hate to be a female. Weak and pathetic and could be raped or killed at any moment.

What's the downside?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
You can see more of it and the population density is way higher = more shit happening.
I think it was way worse in the dark ages.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
well... things ARE much more fucked up, violence has expanded, vastly... everything is more violent these days. It has allways been but ow it's more expanded.

but it sure is COOOOL as hell  :P

hahahaah that crazy black guy video makes me laugh everytime i watch it ;D

bench

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Oh hell, the news media is going to be controlled by we the people with how fast and broad we can broadcast anything news worthy or not....In another decade no longer will the news outlets feed us "truth" we will have it broadcast by our next door neighbors and everyone alike
You Can't Do It!!!

Stark

• Getbig V
Anybody interested and knowledgeable in sociology can testify that we are way less violent that people were in the old (100+ years ago) were.
Now this may seem illogical but its a proven fact and I be more than happy to explain it in detail.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending

discuss.
Society is fucked up. I got a buddy here in Toronto who is in the guns & gangs division with OPP and he seess tons of murders and beatings that don't get pubicized on the news because they don't want to scare the general public.

JasonH

• Getbig V
Anybody interested and knowledgeable in sociology can testify that we are way less violent that people were in the old (100+ years ago) were.
Now this may seem illogical but its a proven fact and I be more than happy to explain it in detail.

Agreed - just look at the torture and capital punishment methods they had back in the middle ages and even before that - there were some fucked up people back then. And the world was a lot less populated and so by and large it proves that people were more violent then and civilisation was not as developed.

Going by this theory I predict that crime will be almost obsolete in about 500-1000 years or so - society and technoology will have improved to such an extent that people's behaviour will have hanged with it. It'll be something similar to that Minority Report film.

Stark

• Getbig V
Agreed - just look at the torture and capital punishment methods they had back in the middle ages and even before that - there were some fucked up people back then. And the world was a lot less populated and so by and large it proves that people were more violent then and civilisation was not as developed.

Going by this theory I predict that crime will be almost obsolete in about 500-1000 years or so - society and technoology will have improved to such an extent that people's behaviour will have hanged with it. It'll be something similar to that Minority Report film.

There are countries that have zero crime rate - Saudi Arabia would be one.
What the world needs (and I am aware this is very radical) is to reset itself.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
There are countries that have zero crime rate - Saudi Arabia would be one.

haha Saudia Arabia not only has crime like every other country but they also have mutaween running around harassing people and enforcing religious law

gayer than wahhabism

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Oh hell, the news media is going to be controlled by we the people with how fast and broad we can broadcast anything news worthy or not....In another decade no longer will the news outlets feed us "truth" we will have it broadcast by our next door neighbors and everyone alike

Corporations control the media and they also control the internet.