Author Topic: Cast of Jersey Shore opens Wall Street - jeez!  (Read 6780 times)

sixsixinthemix

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Cast of Jersey Shore opens Wall Street - jeez!
« on: July 27, 2010, 05:36:45 PM »

'Jersey Shore' Cast Rings Opening Bell At NY Stock Exchange; Or, Is Nothing Sacred?

This morning, the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore was called upon to ring The Opening Bell at the NYSE Euronext in Manhattan.

Reports that Anthony Stockholm, the first president of the exchange, was spinning in his grave, could not be confirmed.

"Snooki," flanked by DJ Pauly D and "The Situation," did the honors. You can watch the complete video after the jump.

The stock exchange ran out of guest passes this morning, CNBC's Erin Burnett pointed out.

As you might expect, on an occasion like this, there was plenty of snark to go around.

The Street's Jeanine Poggi: "The cast of Jersey Shore woke up early this morning, taking time away from their otherwise arduous schedule of tanning and drinking, to ring the opening bell of the New York Stock Exchange."

Los Angeles Times: "It was a proud morning on Wall Street as Snooki and the cast from 'Jersey Shore' rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange."

Financial Times: "Let bad taste, GTL and drunken fights ensue."

New York: "This morning, Mike 'The Situation,' Snooki, and the gang covered their abs out of respect for the global markets, and rang the stock exchange's opening bell. You can almost see their bewilderment in the official video recording of this inexplicable event. Where are they, and why is everyone so pale?"

CNBC's Mark Haines was quick to point out that few of the cast members actually hail from New Jersey, adding "I think it's best if I don't say anything and move on."

He and said they tried to interview "the ringers of the bell," but the cast's publicists declined CNBC's invitation. "They're allowed to stand and smile, they're not allowed to talk."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128795416&sc=fb&cc=fp

claymore

• Getbig IV
Re: cast of jersey shore opens wall street, where is you GOD now?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
This country is going straight down the shitter at warp speed.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 06:26:29 PM »
Wall street, probably one of the most important places in the world, is being opened by the Jersey Shore. Damn, 2010 IS REALLY the end!!  ??? ???
X

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
Where is you god now? Maybe he's taking grammar lessons.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
The answer is in the owners of MTV/VH1. Zog is making a run at the Italians. And they won't let up until the Italians are mixed.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:47:24 PM »
You know when shit is really going down hill when ...

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
those kids are really going places!
No doubt about it...

newmom

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 08:49:22 PM »
This country is going straight down the shitter at warp speed.

You could say that again

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 09:53:18 PM »

You could say that again

This country is going straight down the shitter at warp speed  ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Cast of Jersey Shore opens Wall Street - jeez!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 09:59:10 PM »

At least I didn't lose money today on the stock market - Dow was up by 12 points, so they didn't do much.

For the uninitiated, Jersey Shore has become a cultural phenomenon since hitting screens on MTV last year. It follows the adventures of eight real-life Italian-American sunseekers spending the summer in a New Jersey beach house. It makes Big Brother look like Dostoyevsky.

Anway, the stock exchange enjoyed one of its most crowded days in years as Michael "the situation" Sorrentino, Pauly "DJ Pauly D" Del Vecchio, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Jenni "J-Woww" Farley and friends grinned from ear to ear over the trading floor.

"It was like PT Barnum's freak show was in town," Benedict Willis, director of floor operations at Sunrise Securities, told MSNBC.

The Jersey Shore cast were on Wall Street courtesy of MTV's NYSE-listed owner, Viacom, to mark the debut of their second series in the US this week. They didn't hang around for a chat, though. On the business channel CNBC, anchor Mark Haines complained: "We often interview the ringers of the opening bell, but the Jersey Shore's handlers are not allowing them to talk. They're allowed to stand and smile, but not to talk."

Wouldn't it have been fun to hear Snooki's thoughts on subprime mortgage-related derivatives?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/andrew-clark-on-america/2010/jul/27/mtv-new-jersey

newmom

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »
This country is going straight down the shitter at warp speed  ;D

sorry ONE MORE TIME

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 07:00:58 AM »
it's the end of the world as we know it, and i don't feel fine!

who is watching this show and giving these losers fame and money, that is the question! i'm guessing our great generation of people from age 12 to 30? because everyone else in society wants these losers to leave the planet forever!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 07:02:54 AM »
Sports Illustrated used to have, maybe still do, a topic titled "This Weeks Sign the Apocalypse is upon us"   I think it fits here nicely...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 08:08:59 AM »
Pretty sad when captains of industry, presidents and major business people get classed the same as the cast of Jersey Shore.  HAHAHAHA, only in America

sixsixinthemix

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Jersey SHORe thursday bitches!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 12:49:13 PM »
gota see waht my homy the "situation" is up to!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Jersey SHORe thursday bitches!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 12:52:47 PM »
totally watching this .....
L

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:30 PM »
gota see waht my homy the "situation" is up to!
Getting shut down by all the ladies. What else? e has no game whatsoever. Smartest guy there is Pauly D.

Sami is hot.

Snooki is a lard ass

Jwoww is delicious too.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »
Getting shut down by all the ladies. What else? e has no game whatsoever. Smartest guy there is Pauly D.

Sami is hot.

Snooki is a lard ass

Jwoww is delicious too.
I seen/talked to here many times b4 she was on the show ...eh
L

Purge_WTF

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
  One of the worst, most useless shows to ever be broadcast.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 01:51:12 PM »
The shitty part is any of those fucks will pull some snatch in Miami because they are now famous.  Imagine them in Miami a unknowns.  They wouldn't get into any clubs and would be shot down numerous times.  But there are many celeb whores out there and clubs want the free promos so these guys will be treated like royalty.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
Actually, I read that the entire cast had a lot of difficulty getting into most of the Miami night clubs. The club owners absolutely refused to allow MTV to bring their cameras in the clubs. In fact, some locals down in South Beach boycotted their stay at their hotel while MTV was filming the episodes. They probably filmed most of the episodes at their 5 star hotel as well as the nearby low scale nightclubs dying for publicity.

Miami night life is incredible and I can't imagine any of the upscale club owners allowing something as cheesy as MTV and a bunch of guiddos trying to steal the spotlight. They don't need the extra publicity because they get enough of it already with the local celebs and pro athletes spending $ like water.

Half way through the season they wind up going back to the Jersey Shore. Just a bad idea for MTV to film the cast down in South Beach. Not a good fit at all.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/miami_clubs_bar_jersey_jLWjzoT4hk6J9uoTwNi6eO

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
Actually, I read that the entire cast had a lot of difficulty getting into most of the Miami night clubs. The club owners absolutely refused to allow MTV to bring their cameras in the clubs. In fact, some locals down in South Beach boycotted their stay at their hotel while MTV was filming the episodes. They probably filmed most of the episodes at their 5 star hotel as well as the nearby low scale nightclubs dying for publicity.

Miami night life is incredible and I can't imagine any of the upscale club owners allowing something as cheesy as MTV and a bunch of guiddos trying to steal the spotlight. They don't need the extra publicity because they get enough of it already with the local celebs and pro athletes spending $ like water.

Half way through the season they wind up going back to the Jersey Shore. Just a bad idea for MTV to film the cast down in South Beach. Not a good fit at all.

The problem is if they waited for summer in NJ they wouldn't be able to start the season until later in the year.  By filming in Miami they can start this cash cow early.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 08:13:06 AM »
I seen/talked to here many times b4 she was on the show ...eh
Did you at least tap that?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:44 AM »
 i watch that show because it makes me feel better about myself.

i sleep better at night knowing i could never , ever, in a million years, be as shitty as mike the situation.
Deep Tissue Massage