Author Topic: anybody want to beet the shit out of their boss?  (Read 13653 times)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: anybody want to beet the shit out of their boss?
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 07:13:12 AM »
I'm my own boss and I often have the urge to beat myself up to death.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:17 AM »
It took all my self-control not to ask him that... and then you do it. :P

Just an innocent question.  I didn't read all 4 pages, and Bay kinda hijacked the last page, but I was going to suggest getting into the trades for him.  Not sure what the construction industry is like in the US these days tho.  It's what I do tho and I outearn most suit wearers (no brag). 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 07:22:46 AM »
Just an innocent question.  I didn't read all 4 pages, and Bay kinda hijacked the last page, but I was going to suggest getting into the trades for him.  Not sure what the construction industry is like in the US these days tho.  It's what I do tho and I outearn most suit wearers (no brag). 

Construction in most parts of the US is totally dead right now.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2010, 07:29:41 AM »
Construction in most parts of the US is totally dead right now.

Hmmm.  Well, even in down times renovations tend to tick along.  It's a good way to get some exposure to a lot of aspects if he could find someone to take him on board.  Just a thought because he said he'd hate wearing a suit and sitting in a cube.

My way he can wear rags and get covered in shit all day.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »
It's probably a rare thing in management these days when a boss actually yells at an employee. At least in any company that is semi professional. If this boss is yelling, it is inappropriate. If he yells at you, he most likely yells at others. Does your company have an HR division? If so, they are your first stop. If not, I would start documenting his outbursts. I'm from Texas and I know state law allows you to record your conversations as long as you are in them so it would not be illegal to record his yelling at you. With the proper documentation of inappropriate behavior you can go to his superiors. If they refuse to act, and/or you are subjected to harassment for reporting him, it opens up a whole nother avenue to respond. But all the above takes forethought and initiative, as well as good documentation. You may find others who will join you in your grievance. I suspect however, that your consideration of paying someone to vandalise his car means you didn't finish reading this post.. but, I could be wrong..

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2010, 07:42:26 AM »
Why don't you just tell him to stop yelling at you  ???  If he doesn't, stop crying and get a new job.

newmom

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2010, 07:44:06 AM »
Why don't you just tell him to stop yelling at you  ???  If he doesn't, stop crying and get a new job.

In this day and age, that is easier said and done

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2010, 07:46:19 AM »
im debating of paying my friend $100 cash to fuck up my bosses car....... the guy is a bitch, but im scared of him catching me.... im very angry.....any of you guys done this?? im seriously considering this.... or face to face smashing his face in... i think the vandalism is the best route.
come on dude......what are you......18 years of age????

if things aren't working out with your boss and it is the wrong situation for you to be in......leave.....go find other employment.....just my .02.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »
In this day and age, that is easier said and done

Has it really gotten that bad over there?

newmom

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2010, 08:08:13 AM »
Has it really gotten that bad over there?

pretty much. Also, if your in a smaller town, good luck with that also. Just not easy IMO

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »
me and my last boss got into a fist fight...mother fucker hit me in the back of the head....so i turned around and beat him into a fucking puddle.......then two years later i got to testify against him in court...

bench

newmom

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2010, 08:10:56 AM »
me and my last boss got into a fist fight...mother fucker hit me in the back of the head....so i turned around and beat him into a fucking puddle.......then two years later i got to testify against him in court...

bench

cripes, those dumbasses don't play around

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2010, 08:13:06 AM »

bench

Are you saying you gave him nothing but took from him everything?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
You are a fucking loser.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows someone that they'd like to hit, but they don't.  Civilized people don't go around scratching cars or hitting people because they are angry. Only blacks and animals do that.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »
I have no idea in what environment you are working in but I take a stab in the dark and say if you are working in a "support Center" or "call center" you should consider talking to HR about his behaviour.
But ONLY if you have already exhausted all other aspects.

For example you need to have a look at your Managers position and find out WHY he/she is shouting at you, most people don't shout at other people but they shout at the problem.
Some people (correction: most people) work very bad under stress and tend to make decisions that they regret at a later stage.

So:

1) Try to understand your boss and try to figure out why he/she is shouting at you
2) Request a meeting with your boss in were you point out your concerns - Do make sure that you don't use a judgmental style as in *You make me feel like... but rather say, when you shout at me I have the feeling I have been...
3) If all fails you have to talk to HR and request a meeting with them, however be aware that you will most likely never be able to either get a promotion or get on with your boss after that.

I work in a managing position with 12 employees reporting to me in a very busy and large support center and I can honestly say I have never ever seen a manager shout at one of his reports.
In fact I take a wild shot her in the dark but I am fairly sure that any such behavior would lead to eventual dismissal if reported or observed.

Please PM me if you need further advice - I mean it, I have been in managment for quite a while so I can give you honest advice.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2010, 10:03:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure everyone knows someone that they'd like to hit, but they don't.  Civilized people don't go around scratching cars or hitting people because they are angry.

qft

Regarding the asshole boss. I didn't like having anyone tell me what to do so I opened my own biz. Now, if I don't like an asshole client, I don't take his business.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2010, 10:09:44 AM »
qft

Regarding the asshole boss. I didn't like having anyone tell me what to do so I opened my own biz. Now, if I don't like an asshole client, I don't take his business.

You will always answer to some asshole, why not let it be yourself, right?  ;D

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2010, 10:09:56 AM »
I have no idea in what environment you are working in but I take a stab in the dark and say if you are working in a "support Center" or "call center" you should consider talking to HR about his behaviour.
But ONLY if you have already exhausted all other aspects.

For example you need to have a look at your Managers position and find out WHY he/she is shouting at you, most people don't shout at other people but they shout at the problem.
Some people (correction: most people) work very bad under stress and tend to make decisions that they regret at a later stage.

So:

1) Try to understand your boss and try to figure out why he/she is shouting at you
2) Request a meeting with your boss in were you point out your concerns - Do make sure that you don't use a judgmental style as in *You make me feel like... but rather say, when you shout at me I have the feeling I have been...
3) If all fails you have to talk to HR and request a meeting with them, however be aware that you will most likely never be able to either get a promotion or get on with your boss after that.

I work in a managing position with 12 employees reporting to me in a very busy and large support center and I can honestly say I have never ever seen a manager shout at one of his reports.
In fact I take a wild shot her in the dark but I am fairly sure that any such behavior would lead to eventual dismissal if reported or observed.

Please PM me if you need further advice - I mean it, I have been in managment for quite a while so I can give you honest advice.
Best advice yet.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »
i have three bosses at the moment. two of them are girls younger than I am, and both of them are always trying to flirt with me. one of them is kind of ugly and whoreish, and at times i get irritated by her.. shell walk up behind me and press up against me and start rubbing my hair. shes my boss so i let it slide most of the time, just so i can do whatever i want when im at work and get the hours i want to be scheduled. the other ones kinda cuter, still not anyting special, but shes 17 or maybe just turned 18, and a virgin. so im not really interested in flirting or in being irritated with her. the other boss, a dude who is one year older than me... hes ok. at times i feel like he might be trying to over assert his authority just to let people know that while im three times bigger than him, "hes still the boss".. and thats irritating at times.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2010, 10:58:06 AM »
Aren't you self-employed?  8)

Nah,today was the first time I've seen my boss in over 2 months 8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
i have three bosses at the moment. two of them are girls younger than I am, and both of them are always trying to flirt with me. one of them is kind of ugly and whoreish, and at times i get irritated by her.. shell walk up behind me and press up against me and start rubbing my hair. shes my boss so i let it slide most of the time, just so i can do whatever i want when im at work and get the hours i want to be scheduled. the other ones kinda cuter, still not anyting special, but shes 17 or maybe just turned 18, and a virgin. so im not really interested in flirting or in being irritated with her. the other boss, a dude who is one year older than me... hes ok. at times i feel like he might be trying to over assert his authority just to let people know that while im three times bigger than him, "hes still the boss".. and thats irritating at times.

Ahhh, the shit that goes on at blockbuster video.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2010, 11:10:01 AM »
Ahhh, the shit that goes on at blockbuster video.

More like the town pool.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:52 AM »

Yes all the time, and he's my father too!   ;D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:43 AM »

I didnt read the whole thread, but it if its just "yelling" then I don't really think its that big of a deal, all management in our company gets yelled all the lol, that happens, its sucks but whatever!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:55 AM »