Author Topic: Working out improves posture?  (Read 753 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Working out improves posture?
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:00:46 AM »
I had noticed, when I had trained back, that my posture was significantly improved. I stood upright, and I walked upright. I was on the treadmill this morning and noticed that I walk leaned over a bit.
I haven't worked out back in eons.
I figured that the back muscles are like the supports of a suspension bridge, the "tighter" or better they are the better your posture is. And the abs too as well.

Anybody ever notice their posture or improve do to back and ab exercises?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: Working out improves posture?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 07:03:24 AM »
if you haven't trained your back in eons, naturally you'll get the impact, but mostly training abs makes your posture better.

but for me, sprinting like a madman for 30 minutes improves my posture because I use muscles that I never use in the gym all at the same time explosively, so I become moore loosen and relaxed even... but it kills my squat/deadlifts so I don't do them anymore.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:07:14 AM »
Of course, mainly the rear delt serves as an the shoulder's external rotator which helps you open your chest and stand straight. Unfortunately, most guys who work out tend to work mainly pecs which is an internal rotator leading to kyphosis. Most other back muscles have a stabilizing effect which shouldn't be neglected specially as you grow old, the balance between upper back and lower back also should be taken care of. A lot of guys have really strong upper back but weak lower back will complain that their back hurts. Abs: stabilizes your whole body.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 07:44:05 AM »
Mort and Devil, I concur. Although, whn I way younger I knew this kid who had like a huge Alien head and when he ran, his head would tilt back like Woody Wood Pecker (old version) running really fast. It's like his head was a weight, and it was funny to watch.

Mort, what is odd, is I had focused on rear and front delts alot, my side delts were stubborn, and traps as well. But, thanks for the info.