Author Topic: LeBron's Image  (Read 177093 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: LeBron's Image
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2015, 11:18:12 PM »
my name is Earl

E

That was a great show, I'm a big fan of Jason Lee.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »
Coming back from a 3-1 deficit and winning game 7 on the road helped save his legacy.  Good thing he had Kyrie Irving. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »
Coming back from a 3-1 deficit and winning game 7 on the road helped save his legacy.  Good thing he had Kyrie Irving. 

good thing michael had scottie

good thing magic had kareem

good thing kobe had shaq

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »
good thing michael had scottie

good thing magic had kareem

good thing kobe had shaq

E

Magic didn't have Kareem in game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals.  He played center in Kareem's absence and was named MVP.  One of my all-time great memories. 

Kobe didn't have Shaq when he won championships in 2009 and 2010.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2016, 05:40:59 PM »
Magic didn't have Kareem in game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals.  He played center in Kareem's absence and was named MVP.  One of my all-time great memories. 

He had a prime Pau.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2016, 06:17:15 PM »
He had a prime Pau.

And Odom, Fisher, 1/2 of Bynum, Horry, Fox, etc. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2016, 04:09:54 PM »

so magic won a title against shit competition and kobe beat dwight howard and an old celtics team thanks to pau

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »
so magic won a title against shit competition and kobe beat dwight howard and an old celtics team thanks to pau

E

Your facts were wrong.  Magic didn't have Kareem for the deciding game of his first championship and Kobe didn't have Shaq for three of his finals appearances and two of his championships. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2016, 03:20:20 PM »
Your facts were wrong.  Magic didn't have Kareem for the deciding game of his first championship and Kobe didn't have Shaq for three of his finals appearances and two of his championships. 

both would have less titles than the KING if not for having a better player on their team for most of the championships

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2016, 12:51:14 PM »
both would have less titles than the KING if not for having a better player on their team for most of the championships

E

LeBron would have three less titles if not for Irving, Wade, and Bosh.  They all needed help. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »
LeBron would have three less titles if not for Irving, Wade, and Bosh.  They all needed help. 

yes that is my point, yet the KING is the only player that people believe should do it all by himself

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »
yes that is my point, yet the KING is the only player that people believe should do it all by himself

E

Maybe, but it's self inflicted.  He created his own lofty expectations.  Just look at some of his tattoos:

Chosen1
King James
Prince James
Gifted Child
Witness

How arrogant is that? 

Yes he's a great player, but he had to join super teams to win.  What last year showed is he cannot carry a team to a title.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2016, 11:14:04 AM »
Maybe, but it's self inflicted.  He created his own lofty expectations.  Just look at some of his tattoos:

Chosen1
King James
Prince James
Gifted Child
Witness

How arrogant is that? 

Yes he's a great player, but he had to join super teams to win.  What last year showed is he cannot carry a team to a title.   

of course he's arrogant, that's what happens when you are on a pedestal since middle school, if you want to blame anybody blame the adults that told him he was a god when he was 13

what last year showed is he can carry a horrible team to game 6 of the nba finals, which none of the other past greats ever accomplished

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2016, 12:12:05 PM »
of course he's arrogant, that's what happens when you are on a pedestal since middle school, if you want to blame anybody blame the adults that told him he was a god when he was 13

what last year showed is he can carry a horrible team to game 6 of the nba finals, which none of the other past greats ever accomplished

E

I do blame adults for deifying these kids, although once the kids become adults, they are responsible for their conduct. 

He plays in the East, where .500 teams make the playoffs.  I actually think Kobe taking the Suns to the brink in the playoffs with a lineup of Kwame Brown, Odom, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker was more impressive than LeBron marching through the East and losing in the Finals last year.  LeBron needs fellow superstars to win championships. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2016, 08:44:55 AM »
LeBron needs fellow superstars to win championships. 

They all do.

But what he did in the finals this year was pretty amazing.  There is no denying that.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »

They all do.

But what he did in the finals this year was pretty amazing.  There is no denying that.

They need all-star caliber teammates, but not necessarily superstar teammates. 

Not denying that LeBron was terrific in the Finals.  He certainly was.  It's also a coin flip in my book on whether he was better than Irving in the Finals. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2016, 04:01:24 PM »
They need all-star caliber teammates, but not necessarily superstar teammates. 

Not denying that LeBron was terrific in the Finals.  He certainly was.  It's also a coin flip in my book on whether he was better than Irving in the Finals. 

Irving and Love weren't considered superstars going into the finals.

I just can't get all worked up about going to Miami.   Young, the top of his game, and the ability to go to that climate and win titles with his friends?  Who wouldn't?  Yes, "the decision" was stupid and naive, but after that?  He's made good on all the crap - leaving Cleveland, so called choking in the clutch......
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2016, 04:41:53 PM »
Irving and Love weren't considered superstars going into the finals.

I just can't get all worked up about going to Miami.   Young, the top of his game, and the ability to go to that climate and win titles with his friends?  Who wouldn't?  Yes, "the decision" was stupid and naive, but after that?  He's made good on all the crap - leaving Cleveland, so called choking in the clutch......

Love isn't a superstar.  Irving absolutely is now, especially after his Finals performance.  He was a stone cold killer. 

I didn't care about LeBron going to Miami (or anywhere else).  I had a problem with how he did it, with his one hour promotion, disrespecting the Cavs ownership by not talking to them about it first, etc. 

He was the Frozen One (love that name) but he definitely showed up in the Finals.  His block on Iggy late in the fourth to help preserve the win was one of the best plays I've seen in the Finals.  I'm not a fan of his, but no question he is an all-time great.   

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2016, 07:32:42 PM »
Love isn't a superstar.  Irving absolutely is now, especially after his Finals performance.  He was a stone cold killer. 

I didn't care about LeBron going to Miami (or anywhere else).  I had a problem with how he did it, with his one hour promotion, disrespecting the Cavs ownership by not talking to them about it first, etc. 

He was the Frozen One (love that name) but he definitely showed up in the Finals.  His block on Iggy late in the fourth to help preserve the win was one of the best plays I've seen in the Finals.  I'm not a fan of his, but no question he is an all-time great.   

Agree completely on the "decision" part.  I chalked that up to two things - being young and dumb, and probably didn't see that ESPN was encouraging him.  But, from what I've read, all the $ made on that went to charity.

I think what made me like LeBron (I don't follow basketball) was he caught shit for wearing a Yankees hat when Cleveland was playing NY in the playoffs in 2007.  Instead of giving in (like Tom Brady did), he just said "you're all going to have to get used to it".  True fan.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »
Agree completely on the "decision" part.  I chalked that up to two things - being young and dumb, and probably didn't see that ESPN was encouraging him.  But, from what I've read, all the $ made on that went to charity.

I think what made me like LeBron (I don't follow basketball) was he caught shit for wearing a Yankees hat when Cleveland was playing NY in the playoffs in 2007.  Instead of giving in (like Tom Brady did), he just said "you're all going to have to get used to it".  True fan.

He's actually not bad overall when compared to a lot of other superstars.  Hasn't been running around the country making babies, getting arrested, making stupid comments, etc.  I read that Dwight Howard has 8 kids from 8 different mothers.

But he is one arrogant buggah to get those tattoos.   

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2016, 09:44:39 AM »
But he is one arrogant buggah to get those tattoos.    

Haven't seen, but after reading your post, I'm going to assume they're horrible.

EDIT:  I looked.  The family ones are Ok  but "Chosen" and "Gifted Child" are cringe-worthy.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2016, 10:50:18 AM »
Haven't seen, but after reading your post, I'm going to assume they're horrible.

EDIT:  I looked.  The family ones are Ok  but "Chosen" and "Gifted Child" are cringe-worthy.

As are "King James" and "Prince James." 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »
somebody explain to me how Lebron isn't "the chosen one" or "gifted"

it's not arrogance when it's true, you guys act like it's shaun livingston with these tats

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »

it's not arrogance when it's true, you guys act like it's shaun livingston with these tats

E

No, we don't.  In fact, if you read the above exchanges, I've said I have no issue at all with him.

Mariano Rivera was the greatest closer in baseball history - it's not even debatable.   He doesn't have any tattoos telling us that, or a license plate that readest "GR8TST", or anything of the sort.

Those two tats are cheesy.  The perfect response to them is  ::) ::)
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »

E

Come on dude.  Nobody should be talking about themselves that way.  I never heard Jordan talk that way about himself.