Author Topic: Poll: Opposition to health care overhaul declining. 50% favorable, 35% unfavorab  (Read 1901 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Poll shows opposition to health care overhaul declining. 50% favorable and only 35% unfavorable now.

Poll shows opposition to health care overhaul declining

By David S. Hilzenrath
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 29, 2010; 12:02 AM

Opposition to the landmark health care overhaul declined over the past month, to 35 percent from 41 percent, according to the latest results of a tracking poll, reported Thursday.

Fifty percent of the public held a favorable view of the law, up slightly from 48 percent a month ago, while 14 percent expressed no opinion about the measure, according to the poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

The approval level was the highest for the legislation since it was enacted in March, after a divisive year-long debate. In April, the poll found 46 percent in favor and 40 percent opposed.

Though the legislative battle is over, the political tug-of-war continues. Democrats and Republicans have been fighting to shape public opinion on the issue in hopes of influencing the fall elections.

Among Republicans, opposition to the law remained steady at 69 percent, but the intensity of that opposition ticked upward. Fifty-three percent of Republicans said they had a "very unfavorable" opinion of the law this month, up from 50 percent in June.

Independents, who can tip the balance in elections, split 48 percent to 37 percent in favor, compared with 49 percent to 41 percent a month earlier. The intensity of opinion among this group showed little change; just less than a fifth expressed a very favorable view, and just more than a quarter expressed a very unfavorable view.

The legislation was passed by Democratic majorities in the House and Senate and was signed into law by a Democratic president, and over the past month Democratic support for the legislation grew. Seventy-three percent of Democrats expressed a favorable opinion, up from 69 percent in June. Fifteen percent of Democrats expressed an unfavorable opinion, down from 19 percent in June. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Without knowing the questions those results are pretty useless. A person could rabidly support healthcare overhaul yet believe this bill is crap. :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
true... but i think it shows over time, the disdain for this bill is going to lessen.

the 2010 elections should have been held in April.  Repubs would have done better.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Favorable participants answered yes to the following question: " Do you support the Obama administrations new healthcare mandate which we promise will result in free, top quality healthcare to your and your family forever even if you get sick or have a preexisting condition?"

Unfavorable participants answered no to the folowing question: "Do you dry clean your white sheets before your monthly Klan rally?"

Seems perfectly logical to me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
true... but i think it shows over time, the disdain for this bill is going to lessen.

the 2010 elections should have been held in April.  Repubs would have done better.
lmao dispite you and others constant down playing of the shit moves made by the dems and the administration the reps will do just fine in november...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
240 looking for any way to kneepad obama.

240 = Julio 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i dislike this bill, but i love politics.

if they asked the same Q, and the opinion is becoming more favorable by the month, that's a prob for the GOP.

drkaje

• Getbig V

How can people disdain something they don't understand?

Ignore all rhetoric and do the math. It's just not affordable without tax increases and they made no efforts to decrease delivery costs.

I'm in favor of some national plan, just one that's affordable and sustainable. Declaring a healthcare emergency to increase access and governmental control isn't a solution, either. It still costs actual, real money to deliver health care.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
How can people disdain something they don't understand?

Ignore all rhetoric and do the math. It's just not affordable without tax increases and they made no efforts to decrease delivery costs.

I'm in favor of some national plan, just one that's affordable and sustainable. Declaring a healthcare emergency to increase access and governmental control isn't a solution, either. It still costs actual, real money to deliver health care.

i agree 100%.

But when the number keep changing, and there are 60 or 70% of americans who 'support' this bill... it's going to be something to HELP dems, not hurt them.

Much the way Soc Sec and Medicare, suffrage, and equal rights were probably upside down in polls compared with today.  Time heals all wounds, etc.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i agree 100%.

But when the number keep changing, and there are 60 or 70% of americans who 'support' this bill... it's going to be something to HELP dems, not hurt them.

Much the way Soc Sec and Medicare, suffrage, and equal rights were probably upside down in polls compared with today.  Time heals all wounds, etc.

And those programs are broke and nothing but madoff schemes, just like ObamaCare.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
And those programs are broke and nothing but madoff schemes, just like ObamaCare.   

agree 200%.

however, perception - and not the truth - is all that matters in politics today.

And the "perception" of the healthcare bill is slowly improving in a direction favorable to the dems.  This poll shows that.

drkaje

• Getbig V
i agree 100%.

You die from some wounds, LOL!

Medicare is poorly run, period. Social security only works because they're sending out fixed amounts with no brain work.

A medicare based payment system basically means your doctor's office will be out of business because all his/her bills can't wait 60-90 days (or more) to get paid. Again, I'm not taking politics into consideration, it just can't work as advertised. An entity who cannot administer Medicare properly cannot handle claims for the entire country.

Tricare, the Gov HMO, was two plus years behind in processing/paying claims at one point. Heck, a friend of mine had to admit a pregnant woman so she could get an ultrasound that otherwise wouldn't have been approved in time to reduce risk to the fetus.

The only reason most people can afford to lose money on Medicare patients is their insurance mix makes surviving until finally getting reimbursed possible.

Mons Venus

True, but once you giveth the public will not let you take it away.

Try taking Bush's Medicare Drug Program away. (never happen)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You die from some wounds, LOL!

Medicare is poorly run, period. Social security only works because they're sending out fixed amounts with no brain work.

A medicare based payment system basically means your doctor's office will be out of business because all his/her bills can't wait 60-90 days (or more) to get paid. Again, I'm not taking politics into consideration, it just can't work as advertised. An entity who cannot administer Medicare properly cannot handle claims for the entire country.

Tricare, the Gov HMO, was two plus years behind in processing/paying claims at one point. Heck, a friend of mine had to admit a pregnant woman so she could get an ultrasound that otherwise wouldn't have been approved in time to reduce risk to the fetus.

The only reason most people can afford to lose money on Medicare patients is their insurance mix makes surviving until finally getting reimbursed possible.

Those who advocated medicare for all disagree.   ::)  ::)  ::)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
agree 200%.

however, perception - and not the truth - is all that matters in politics today.

And the "perception" of the healthcare bill is slowly improving in a direction favorable to the dems.  This poll shows that.

The bill hasnt gone into affect yet.Wait untill people find out they are now forced to be under government health care and cant chose their own doctors.We will see how popular it is in Nov.

drkaje

• Getbig V
Those who advocated medicare for all disagree.   ::)  ::)  ::)

I doubt many of them had it for medical care or dealt intimately with it as physicians.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm sick of obama supporters. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I'm sick of obama supporters. 
supporters are fine b/c they can admit when they think obama made a bad move, its the knee padders that get to me...

notice how whenever palin does something 240 never looks at it from the political point of view? but whatever obama does is politically brilliant  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 - what are the current ratings for obamacare?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
240 - what are the current ratings for obamacare?

LOL!!!

Health Care Law
54% Still Favor Repeal of Obama’s Health Care Law

Monday, June 25, 2012

With the U.S. Supreme Court poised to decide the fate of President Obama’s national health care law, most voters still would like to see the law repealed. It’s indicative of how steady support for repeal has been that this week’s finding is identical to how voters felt in the first survey after the law’s passage by Congress in March 2010.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 54% of Likely U.S. Voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care bill, while 39% are at least somewhat opposed. This includes 43% who Strongly Favor repeal and 28% who are Strongly Opposed to it. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on June 23-24, 2012 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Funny thing is as soon as you take Obama's name out of the equation all of a sudden you see very strong support from Repubs for many of the key components of the heath care legislation:

* Eighty percent of Republicans favor “creating an insurance pool where small businesses and uninsured have access to insurance exchanges to take advantage of large group pricing benefits.” That’s backed by 75 percent of independents.

* Fifty-seven percent of Republicans support “providing subsidies on a sliding scale to aid individuals and families who cannot afford health insurance.” That’s backed by 67 percent of independents.

* Fifty-four percent of Republicans favor “requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employers.” That’s backed by 75 percent of independents.

* Fifty two percent of Republicans favor “allowing children to stay on parents insurance until age 26.” That’s backed by 69 percent of independents.

* Seventy eight percent of Republicans support “banning insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions; 86 percent of Republicans favor “banning insurance companies from cancelling policies because a person becomes ill.” Those are backed by 82 percent of independents and 87 percent of independents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/republicans-support-obamas-health-reforms--as-long-as-his-name-isnt-on-them/2012/06/25/gJQAq7E51V_blog.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Funny thing is as soon as you take Obama's name out of the equation all of a sudden you see very strong support from Repubs for many of the key components of the heath care legislation:

* Eighty percent of Republicans favor “creating an insurance pool where small businesses and uninsured have access to insurance exchanges to take advantage of large group pricing benefits.” That’s backed by 75 percent of independents.

* Fifty-seven percent of Republicans support “providing subsidies on a sliding scale to aid individuals and families who cannot afford health insurance.” That’s backed by 67 percent of independents.

* Fifty-four percent of Republicans favor “requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employers.” That’s backed by 75 percent of independents.

* Fifty two percent of Republicans favor “allowing children to stay on parents insurance until age 26.” That’s backed by 69 percent of independents.

* Seventy eight percent of Republicans support “banning insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions; 86 percent of Republicans favor “banning insurance companies from cancelling policies because a person becomes ill.” Those are backed by 82 percent of independents and 87 percent of independents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/republicans-support-obamas-health-reforms--as-long-as-his-name-isnt-on-them/2012/06/25/gJQAq7E51V_blog.html

Again - the bad shit with obamacare grossly outweighs the some of the good things. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Again - the bad shit with obamacare grossly outweighs the some of the good things. 

the only thing they are really against is Obama

I don't recall any Repub support or attempt at compromises when they were actually putting together the legislation

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
the only thing they are really against is Obama

I don't recall any Repub support or attempt at compromises when they were actually putting together the legislation

You really are a brain dead leftist idiot.  you fall for every stupid ass "progressive" bullshit talking point hook line and sinker. 

1.  Obama took 500 billion out of an already broke medicare to pay for this - FAIL 

2.  Medicade expansion that the states have no way to pay for - FAIL 

3.  Individual mandate - FAIL 

4.  IPAB - FAIL 

5.  143 new govt agencies and offices - FAIL

6.  No tort reform - FAIL

7.  Corrupt deal w Big Pharma banning drug re-importation - FAIL 

8.  Mandatory minimum coverage forcing people to cover all sorts of shit they will never use - FAIL 

You want more?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You really are a brain dead leftist idiot.  you fall for every stupid ass "progressive" bullshit talking point hook line and sinker. 

1.  Obama took 500 billion out of an already broke medicare to pay for this - FAIL 

2.  Medicade expansion that the states have no way to pay for - FAIL 

3.  Individual mandate - FAIL 

4.  IPAB - FAIL 

5.  143 new govt agencies and offices - FAIL

6.  No tort reform - FAIL

7.  Corrupt deal w Big Pharma banning drug re-importation - FAIL 

8.  Mandatory minimum coverage forcing people to cover all sorts of shit they will never use - FAIL 

You want more?   

apparently a large % of Republican suddenly want more