Author Topic: White People Shouldn't Be Listening to Rap Music  (Read 3423 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
White People Shouldn't Be Listening to Rap Music
« on: July 30, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
Just when you think you've seen the heights of stupidity... or the depths of ignorance... there's this:

A white guy in Florida is assaulted for listening to Rap music... not because his music was too loud,
...but because HE IS WHITE!!! How ignorant can people be?!!!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0728101rap1.html
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: White People Shouldn't Be Listening to Rap Music
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 02:34:19 PM »
That is a true ni&&a moment.

tarzan

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
He must have been a real pussy for allowing a 14 year old to beat him up.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 02:39:09 PM »
Just when you think you've seen the heights of stupidity... or the depths of ignorance... there's this:

A white guy in Florida is assaulted for listening to Rap music... not because his music was too loud,
...but because HE IS WHITE!!! How ignorant can people be?!!!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0728101rap1.html

Generally, I think white middle class people listening to Rap music look like fools.  They can't relate to the lyrics.  "Slapped my hoe, smoked some crack... etc..."

OK rich whitey...  ;D
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
should be a hate crime but probably will not be  :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »
This is just stupid,  I like Old School Rap.   A lot of stuff is good on messaging.    

The only rap I like are KRS 1, PE, Ice T, Jungle Brothers, Tribe Called Quest, Run Dmc, Eric B. & Rakim, EPMD, and old school stuff.  

Some of the best songs of all time.  

Total Bad ass

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »
"However, if the incident is determined to be racially motivated, the battery charge could be elevated to a felony via a so-called hate-crime enhancement. "

How can they even think about racism? Don't they see the attacker is black and the victim is white? Another example of "the man's" attempts to demonize blacks.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 02:45:29 PM »

You are 100% freaking right!!!!! It should be a hate crime. If some white kids stopped a black dude from enjoying country music everyone would he having poop-fits.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
You are 100% freaking right!!!!! It should be a hate crime. If some white kids stopped a black dude from enjoying country music everyone would he having poop-fits.

I'm going to see Slayer next month and trust me, if some black dudes are head banging with us crazies, they will receive a very warm welcome.  Headbangers are usually cool.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:47:56 PM »
Generally, I think white middle class people listening to Rap music look like fools.  They can't relate to the lyrics.  "Slapped my hoe, smoked some crack... etc..."

OK rich whitey...  ;D

Now I consider that to be a real ignorant statement. Rap is a musical genre like any other.
While I may not care for it, to say someone cannot relate to the lyrics because of their race is pure ignorance imo.

I'm a Black contemporary woman. does this mean I should not have an appreciation for Italian opera?
...because I'm not some gullible 14 yr. old love struck sheep herder? I should therefore have no appreciation for Donizetti?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 02:48:52 PM »

It is a hate-crime, ...and they are going to prosecute it as such.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 02:49:52 PM »
This is just stupid,  I like Old School Rap.   A lot of stuff is good on messaging.    

The only rap I like are KRS 1, PE, Ice T, Jungle Brothers, Tribe Called Quest, Run Dmc, Eric B. & Rakim, EPMD, and old school stuff.  

Correction. I do like KRS1
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »
Damn check these out from years ago - the more things change the more they stay the same.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
Correction. I do like KRS1

KRS 1 is by far my favorite. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
Now I consider that to be a real ignorant statement. Rap is a musical genre like any other.
While I may not care for it, to say someone cannot relate to the lyrics because of their race is pure ignorance imo.

I'm a Black contemporary woman. does this mean I should not have an appreciation for Italian opera?
...because I'm not some gullible 14 yr. old love struck sheep herder? I should therefore have no appreciation for Donizetti?

I think Italian Opera is a little bit more sophisticated then Music that's based on stories of violence, drugs, and other immoral behavior.  :P
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »
The ladies also had beats.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »
I think Italian Opera is a little bit more sophisticated then Music that's based on stories of violence, drugs, and other immoral behavior.  :P

Opera is often filled with adultery, sordid sex, betrayed husbands and/or wives, murder, violence...the only thing missing in opera are the big gold chains and medallions. Heavy Metal and Rock are by far the WORST kind of music with its murder message and heavy SATANIC lyrics. Worshiping evil spirits is never a good thing.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 03:31:38 PM »
Opera is often filled with adultery, sordid sex, betrayed husbands and/or wives, murder, violence...the only thing missing in opera are the big gold chains and medallions. Heavy Metal and Rock are by far the WORST kind of music with its murder message and heavy SATANIC lyrics. Worshiping evil spirits is never a good thing.

Samson - enjoy bro! 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 03:33:34 PM »
Ignore the baboon two posts above mine.

The stupidity behind this attack is hard to fathom. There are actually more white fans of rap in terms of sheer numbers than blacks.

Beyond that, this attack would be like whites beating up blacks for learning how to read, playing hockey and wearing clothing.

Someone mentioned country music-- Imagine a bunch of hillbillys ganging up on a black dude for pumping Cowboy Troy out of the back of his pickup truck.

Even better-- A bunch of blacks beat up a white guy because he said he liked Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy. Stupid cracka should know that aint nobody better than Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence when it comes to standup!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 03:41:02 PM »

Music is music. The theme of the music is subject to change and these themes can be found in any musical genre.
Have a listen to KRS1. He doesn't rap about violence  drugs or immoral behaviour... at least not in a way that glorifies it. As for "music" that's about "immoral behaviour" what do you think of "Motley Crue" or "Van Halen"

You sound as archaic as people in the 40's & 50's who said Rock n Roll was the devil's music.

Music is music. The content or theme is not dependant upon the genre. Look at Will Smith.
None of his rap lyrics were about violence or immoral behaviour. he rapped about suburban teen life in Philly
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 03:47:33 PM »

Even better-- A bunch of blacks beat up a white guy because he said he liked Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy. Stupid cracka should know that aint nobody better than Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence when it comes to standup!

Well this part is true... but no one deserves to be beaten up for having bad taste.  :P

Reminds me of the ignorance displayed when hootie of Hootie & the Blowfish got death threats because some caucasians didn't like him singing the music he sang or being the lead singer. Utter ignorance.

Reminds me of the time I told off Damon Stoddamire at his own "NBA rookie of the year" tribute party for sarcastically asking me if I had been a hockey fan. Dickhead!
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »

You forgot the tuberculosis.  :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
the beats for rap can be good even though 99% is ripped off from some else (real musicians), but I wish the idiots doing the "rapping" would just shut the fuck up because they fuck up any musical sense the track had with their non stop lyrical bullshit.