Author Topic: white house says 75% of oil gone in gulf and other 25% will cause no harm  (Read 3169 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
http://www.google.com/search?q=oil+is+75%25+gone+in+gulf&hl=en&sa=G&source=univ&tbs=nws:1&tbo=u&ei=4GpZTMzLEZP2swOQg4zOCw&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQsQQwAA

Hmmm,Rush and Britt Hume are right EVERY SINGLE one of you guy libs are wrong as predicted.FOX and RUSH =RIGHT,LIBERAL TREE HUGGING IDIOTS=FAIL!

I guess the NY TIMES and the administration are far right wing extremists so we cant believe them on this issue because of their agenda.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Where is 240's screaming and crying now?  And why do we need the morotorium unless its for another agenda other than killing jobsd and the economy? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Where is 240's screaming and crying now?  And why do we need the morotorium unless its for another agenda other than killing jobsd and the economy? 

um, the SW Fl economy is still tanked because so many people decided against vacationing in the gulf coast this year.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
um, the SW Fl economy is still tanked because so many people decided against vacationing in the gulf coast this year.

You have been tanked for some time now.  Obama's visit to Ft. Meyeres didnt to shit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
You have been tanked for some time now.  Obama's visit to Ft. Meyeres didnt to shit. 

yeah, but the oil tanked shit a lot worse.  I know a lot of people on the beach who got laid off thanks to the oil.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yeah, but the oil tanked shit a lot worse.  I know a lot of people on the beach who got laid off thanks to the oil.

THERE WAS NO OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!On the beach!!!None.If Obama that dumb ass idiot would have simply not put the ban on and said over and over there is no problem with the beaches,there wouldnt have been a problem in Florida.BUT thats not his intention.His intention is the utter destruction of America,so he jinns up fear and helps destroy the summer.His plan worked.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
THERE WAS NO OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!On the beach!!!None.If Obama that dumb ass idiot would have simply not put the ban on and said over and over there is no problem with the beaches,there wouldnt have been a problem in Florida.BUT thats not his intention.His intention is the utter destruction of America,so he jinns up fear and helps destroy the summer.His plan worked.

Dude...

Suppose some moron decides to start putting dogshit on Domino's pizza in California.

Now, I might want to order Papa John's Pizza in FL.... but I might think, "Hey, I don't like dogshit.... let's get burgers instead".

I'm pretty sure Dogshit Domino's won't affect my Papa Pizza here... but I've lost my taste for it... juuuuust in case.

It just takes a whiff of "oil is coming" for people to just choose hawaii or cali for their vacation instead. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Dude...

Suppose some moron decides to start putting dogshit on Domino's pizza in California.

Now, I might want to order Papa John's Pizza in FL.... but I might think, "Hey, I don't like dogshit.... let's get burgers instead".

I'm pretty sure Dogshit Domino's won't affect my Papa Pizza here... but I've lost my taste for it... juuuuust in case.

It just takes a whiff of "oil is coming" for people to just choose hawaii or cali for their vacation instead. 

The problem is the whiff came from the shit pouring out of left wing loons mouth  like those on MSNBC and Obama himself.They were declaring "the world is going to end" "Stop the drilling" ON PURPOSE to destroy as many jobs as possible.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Care to say you were wrong when you got on here and mocked Rush and Hume and me for predicting EXACTLY what happened?The oil is gone,you were 100% wrong,Hume was 100% right,Rush was 100% right the tree hugging dopes in the media were 100% wrong!!!!They wanted a crisis,there is no crisis.Wonder if that utter absolute failure and idiot Olbermann will give one of his special comments on how wrong he and EVERYONE on MSNBC were and how right FOX was.

Once again,THATS WHY FOX kills MSNBC in ratings.TRUTH!!!!!!

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
240, like all the other left wing nut jobs on this board, is usually wrong. But, there won't be any apology from him or the other fools. They will just ignore this and put up another 834928492849284 lame Palin threads.

That is how liberals and Democratic party supporters work. They just blurt out lies all the time and when proven wrong, they just move on to another issue, insignificant topic or baseless conspiracy theory. These are the type of  morons that have the majority in Congress. Scary.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I don't for a minute believe the oil is gone. It has been dispersed, which is an even greater environmental threat that we realize, ...more so than the oil itself. just because we can't see the oil doesn't mean, there is no threat to us. Just look up COREXIT and what it does. that stuff is multiple times more toxic than the oil ever was. It's like high blood pressure vs. acne. Acne is unsightly & an unpleasant condition to have, while high blood pressure doesn't cause embarassment or impact self-esteem, or your perception by others, it is lethal as heck!!! That's why they call it "a silent killer". The people of the gulf are fvcked!
w

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Obama couldn't win on this one - if he had changed the rules to be more stringent on oil companies like BP (before the disaster) he would've been hampering Business and over regulating. Now that this shit has happened it's all his fault, no way I don't buy it - this shit has to be owned jointly by the Republicans and Democrats, the finger pointing is just bullshit

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Obama couldn't win on this one - if he had changed the rules to be more stringent on oil companies like BP (before the disaster) he would've been hampering Business and over regulating. Now that this shit has happened it's all his fault, no way I don't buy it - this shit has to be owned jointly by the Republicans and Democrats, the finger pointing is just bullshit

Gotta agree with you there. The finger pointing is simply bullshit. At this point... both Republicans & Democrats need to take responsibility for the screwups and own their own shit. Each is complicitous in the mess.

If Bush implemented assinine policies that put the nation at risk... so be it, ...but it was the Democrats who sat back and let him do it. They may not have had the legislative power to prevent it, ...but they failed to speak up and educate the public about how assinine those policies were. As such... both sides are equally to blame. Point fingers all you want... but both sides own the shit. Only AFTER your country can get past the divisive finger pointing can you even hope to start fixing the huge colossal mess you are in.
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
I don't believe most fo the oil is "gone" either.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I don't for a minute believe the oil is gone. It has been dispersed, which is an even greater environmental threat that we realize, ...more so than the oil itself. just because we can't see the oil doesn't mean, there is no threat to us. Just look up COREXIT and what it does. that stuff is multiple times more toxic than the oil ever was. It's like high blood pressure vs. acne. Acne is unsightly & an unpleasant condition to have, while high blood pressure doesn't cause embarassment or impact self-esteem, or your perception by others, it is lethal as heck!!! That's why they call it "a silent killer". The people of the gulf are fvcked!

Ha,ha,ha typical lib,a criusis around every corner.Here is a prediction NOTHING will happen to the people in the gulf and you libs will go on to your next crisis.In fact,I thought you libs predicted there would be more hurricanes this year then any year in history because of global warming.See any hurricanes out there.Libs love a crisis and if they cant get one,they make it up.

Mons Venus

Oil spill kills 134-year-old oyster house in New Orleans

AP June 10, 2010
NEW ORLEANS — An early morning workday ritual — the shucking of small mountains of oysters for New Orleans restaurants — fell victim to the BP offshore oil spill Thursday at a 134-year-old French Quarter oyster house where neighbors treated the news like a death in the family.

Amid the din of nearly a dozen men and women hammering and prying at the last piles bags of craggy oyster shells at P&J Oyster Co., Jerry Amato wandered in bearing comfort food: aluminum trays full of scrambled eggs, fried ham, grits and biscuits.

"That's what we do in New Orleans. After the funeral, we bring food," said Amato, proprietor of Mother's Restaurant.

P&J isn't quite dead yet but, barring an unforeseen reopening of the oyster beds that supply the business, Thursday was to be the final day of shucking at the family owned business.

"I'm going to try and buy a few shucked oysters from some people in Alabama that are still processing oysters and once they stop, I'm done," said Al Sunseri, who, along with his brother Sal, runs the business that opened in 1876.

Sunseri isn't sure what will happen to P&J and its employees in the long haul. On Thursday morning he walked through the cavernous shucking area and loading dock on Toulouse Street and nodded toward the shuckers still working with industrial fervor.

"These ladies here, those guys — I grew up with them. We were in our 20s when we started," said Sunseri, 52.

Curiosity seekers included Jim Cottrell, executive with a nearby antiques store, who said he'd always meant to drop by because, "I wanted to see exactly how they do this."

Other Louisiana oyster companies say their oyster supplies are also dwindling, prices are rising and the future of their business remains stark and uncertain.

"The same thing happening over at P&J is happening over here also," said John Tesvich, owner of Ameripure Oyster Co. in Franklin, La. His company sells pasteurized oysters to restaurants around the country.

Tesvich said Ameripure may be able to hold on a little longer because it cultivates and harvests its own oysters, supplemented by suppliers. "But they're on the point of depletion now," said Tesvich, adding he's hoping for "a few more good weeks."

Oyster growers and harvesters are facing a double threat.

On the one hand, oil gushing from the blown-out well off Louisiana could contaminate the beds, killing the oysters or rendering them unsafe to eat. On the other hand, a method of fighting the encroaching oil by opening inland water diversion gates in hopes of pushing the oil back also could kill oysters. The fresh inland water dilutes saltier waters oysters need to thrive.

Complicating the problem: It's spawning season for young oysters that usually take 18 to 24 months to grow to market size.

Third-generation oyster farmer Wilbert Collins, 73, said it could take three years to replenish the stock on some of his leases where fresh water is encroaching.

Collins said he owns three boats. Two are idle and one is doing oil cleanup work. He's not sure what the future holds for his business — or for his sons and grandson who work with him.

John Rotonti, owner of Felix's Oyster Bar and Restaurant, said he has yet to run out of oysters for the raw bar at his eatery just off Bourbon Street in the French Quarter tourist district. Still, he's having to absorb price hikes and uncertain supplies.

At some point, he said, he'll have to close the raw bar that is the trademark of his business and probably lay off a half-dozen shuckers.

Tesvich, Sunseri and Kevin Voisin — an executive with family owned Houma oyster processor Motivatit Seafood — all say they worry not just for themselves but for their workers. Some of their employees have been with the companies for years.

"There's 200 families that eat because Motivatit Seafood exists," Voisin said.

The owners of the companies said they are now at varying stages of filing claims for aid from the oil giant BP, which has spent weeks trying to stop the oil spewing into the Gulf.

At P&J, longtime employee Wayne Gordon, 42, said his emotions ran the gamut from pain at the prospect of losing a job he's held since he was 18 and anger at what he sees as the incompetence that caused the unending underwater gusher.

"Twenty-four years," Gordon said as he took a break in the room where freshly shucked oysters were being packed into plastic cartons. "I cannot imagine not being here."

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Oil spill kills 134-year-old oyster house in New Orleans

AP June 10, 2010
NEW ORLEANS — An early morning workday ritual — the shucking of small mountains of oysters for New Orleans restaurants — fell victim to the BP offshore oil spill Thursday at a 134-year-old French Quarter oyster house where neighbors treated the news like a death in the family.

Amid the din of nearly a dozen men and women hammering and prying at the last piles bags of craggy oyster shells at P&J Oyster Co., Jerry Amato wandered in bearing comfort food: aluminum trays full of scrambled eggs, fried ham, grits and biscuits.

"That's what we do in New Orleans. After the funeral, we bring food," said Amato, proprietor of Mother's Restaurant.

P&J isn't quite dead yet but, barring an unforeseen reopening of the oyster beds that supply the business, Thursday was to be the final day of shucking at the family owned business.

"I'm going to try and buy a few shucked oysters from some people in Alabama that are still processing oysters and once they stop, I'm done," said Al Sunseri, who, along with his brother Sal, runs the business that opened in 1876.

Sunseri isn't sure what will happen to P&J and its employees in the long haul. On Thursday morning he walked through the cavernous shucking area and loading dock on Toulouse Street and nodded toward the shuckers still working with industrial fervor.

"These ladies here, those guys — I grew up with them. We were in our 20s when we started," said Sunseri, 52.

Curiosity seekers included Jim Cottrell, executive with a nearby antiques store, who said he'd always meant to drop by because, "I wanted to see exactly how they do this."

Other Louisiana oyster companies say their oyster supplies are also dwindling, prices are rising and the future of their business remains stark and uncertain.

"The same thing happening over at P&J is happening over here also," said John Tesvich, owner of Ameripure Oyster Co. in Franklin, La. His company sells pasteurized oysters to restaurants around the country.

Tesvich said Ameripure may be able to hold on a little longer because it cultivates and harvests its own oysters, supplemented by suppliers. "But they're on the point of depletion now," said Tesvich, adding he's hoping for "a few more good weeks."

Oyster growers and harvesters are facing a double threat.

On the one hand, oil gushing from the blown-out well off Louisiana could contaminate the beds, killing the oysters or rendering them unsafe to eat. On the other hand, a method of fighting the encroaching oil by opening inland water diversion gates in hopes of pushing the oil back also could kill oysters. The fresh inland water dilutes saltier waters oysters need to thrive.

Complicating the problem: It's spawning season for young oysters that usually take 18 to 24 months to grow to market size.

Third-generation oyster farmer Wilbert Collins, 73, said it could take three years to replenish the stock on some of his leases where fresh water is encroaching.

Collins said he owns three boats. Two are idle and one is doing oil cleanup work. He's not sure what the future holds for his business — or for his sons and grandson who work with him.

John Rotonti, owner of Felix's Oyster Bar and Restaurant, said he has yet to run out of oysters for the raw bar at his eatery just off Bourbon Street in the French Quarter tourist district. Still, he's having to absorb price hikes and uncertain supplies.

At some point, he said, he'll have to close the raw bar that is the trademark of his business and probably lay off a half-dozen shuckers.

Tesvich, Sunseri and Kevin Voisin — an executive with family owned Houma oyster processor Motivatit Seafood — all say they worry not just for themselves but for their workers. Some of their employees have been with the companies for years.

"There's 200 families that eat because Motivatit Seafood exists," Voisin said.

The owners of the companies said they are now at varying stages of filing claims for aid from the oil giant BP, which has spent weeks trying to stop the oil spewing into the Gulf.

At P&J, longtime employee Wayne Gordon, 42, said his emotions ran the gamut from pain at the prospect of losing a job he's held since he was 18 and anger at what he sees as the incompetence that caused the unending underwater gusher.

"Twenty-four years," Gordon said as he took a break in the room where freshly shucked oysters were being packed into plastic cartons. "I cannot imagine not being here."

So having no idea if the oyster beds will be contaminated counts as a crisis.These people are going to be paid by BP.Sorry,where is the crisis.

Mons Venus

Whistleblower: BP Using Dispersants To Hide Oil.

AP August 4, 2010
Fred McCallister, a whistleblower who claims BP is using dispersants to sink oil and hide it from the pesky media’s cameras, will testify before a Senate investigative panel this week.

For quite some time, many bloggers and journalists following the BP-Corexit story, including me, have made the allegation that BP may have been experimenting by dumping over a million gallons of toxic dispersants into the ocean because they were desperately trying to prevent the oil from hitting the beaches.

(The amount of dispersants used by BP has been contested. Rep. Ed Markey has questioned the validity of BPs numbers, saying on July 31 that a new congressional report shows “BP carpet-bombed the ocean with these chemicals, and the Coast Guard allowed them to do it.”)

Everyone remembers what happened to Exxon’s public image the moment all of those adorable birds became coated in thick crude. And while BP has not been able to prevent oil from hitting all coastal birds, they have greatly diminished their PR liability by using dispersants like Corexit to coagulate the oil and sink it beneath the ocean’s surface where the media cannot photograph it, and BP won’t be fined for beach cleanup.

There, buried in the sea, the dispersants will likely alter the ecosystem – perhaps poisoning and killing ocean life – but by then BP will have fled the area, leaving future coastal generations to clean up their mess.

____

Let me get this straight........No oil on the beach ........and a 757 Vaporized hitting the Pentagon.

Ok... got it.  

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
This just in--

As part of President Obama's green initiative, the residual oil from the disaster in the Gulf that cannot be capped will now be recycled into cooking oil and sold to American fast food giant Mc Donalds. "This is a great day for America and for the future of our children. George Bush wants you to believe that I'm against big business," Obama said. "But today herald's the dawn of a new day. My administration will turn misery into opportunity for the American people." Reportedly, as a precursor to the enactment of Obamacare which issues numerous penalties against corporations that produce products that are considered unhealthy by the FDA, companies that produce fast food will be forced to purchase hundreds of tons of crude oil from the Gulf spill and synthesize it into an alternative cooking oil at their own expense. Multiple fast food conglomerates in 38 states have filed lawsuits in Federal court seeking to overturn Obamacare on the grounds that the legislation reaches far beyond the constraints that the Commerce Clause allows in the Constitution.  Obama refused to comment on the pending suits, adding only that "McDonalds has been a champion of civil rights since it was founded and today McDonalds is fighting for the rights of the American tax payer by producing an alternative form of recycled oil that can be fed to our children with no worries whatsoever." When asked by reporters what he meant by the aforementioned comment, President Obama abruptly ended the press conference and was later seen boarding Air Force One with Weezy Jefferson and Oliver Stone.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
http://www.google.com/search?q=oil+is+75%25+gone+in+gulf&hl=en&sa=G&source=univ&tbs=nws:1&tbo=u&ei=4GpZTMzLEZP2swOQg4zOCw&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQsQQwAA

Hmmm,Rush and Britt Hume are right EVERY SINGLE one of you #### libs are wrong as predicted.FOX and RUSH =RIGHT,LIBERAL TREE HUGGING IDIOTS=FAIL!

I guess the NY TIMES and the administration are far right wing extremists so we cant believe them on this issue because of their agenda.
Biilly boy, stfu you retard.  You haven't a fucking clue about anything here.  You sure don't have a clue to the true impact of the spill, nobody does so don't go quoting some douchehole at fox and laughing at others...  The only thing you're good for around here is funny comments.  Stick to that you freaking assclown.. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Biilly boy, stfu you retard.  You haven't a fucking clue about anything here.  You sure don't have a clue to the true impact of the spill, nobody does so don't go quoting some douchehole at fox and laughing at others...  The only thing you're good for around here is funny comments.  Stick to that you freaking assclown.. 

You f'n ignorant jackass.ITS THE OBAMA administration thats saying it you dumb ass girl.NOT FOX Obama,so get mad at that filthy black idiot and his band of retards not me.So,next time,do some research,see what the little ignorant community organiser is saying before you try to insult me.If you would just get your tongue out of his black ass for 5 minutes you would realise what a fool he has played you for.

To His mommys penis.Am I supposed to be shaking?Is that you?NO!!Your a nothing,show me a video of yourself not some spook.Can that little 140lb piece of crap dodge a bullet,because Id put one right through his burry head and all that raspy yelling wouldnt do him a dam bit of good.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LMAO mons is a martial artist now? hahahah this keeps getting better and better