Author Topic: HOF Game Sunday!  (Read 2919 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
HOF Game Sunday!
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:37:59 PM »
Time to see what we have in one qtr!    Romo thinks he gets to play a whole half  but it may be one drive if anything!   I doubt Carson TO and 85 play much ....but any Dallas game is big stuff to me!
((-::

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: HOF Game Sunday!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »
Time to see what we have in one qtr!    Romo thinks he gets to play a whole half  but it may be one drive if anything!   I doubt Carson TO and 85 play much ....but any Dallas game is big stuff to me!
What channel reg?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:02:26 PM »
What channel reg?
NBC     4 if your in LA

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Time?
5 here     9 there......i guess!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
5 here     9 there......i guess!

8 here thanks man

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 08:12:17 AM »
Excellent class being inducted this year.....Rice, Emmitt, John Randle, Russ Grimm.....Great deserving class.

But I think too many players get inducted each year. The Hall of Fame is supposed to be an exclusive class of players and some of the players that have been inducted in the past maybe shouldn't have gone in. (Derrick Thomas, maybe?)

I think the Hall of Fame voters need to scale down each year's incoming class. The Baseball Hall of Fame, for example, has higher voting standards where a lot of players need a few times to be elected. The integrity of the voters for both Halls are questionable to begin with.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 09:42:45 AM »
Excellent class being inducted this year.....Rice, Emmitt, John Randle, Russ Grimm.....Great deserving class.

But I think too many players get inducted each year. The Hall of Fame is supposed to be an exclusive class of players and some of the players that have been inducted in the past maybe shouldn't have gone in. (Derrick Thomas, maybe?)

I think the Hall of Fame voters need to scale down each year's incoming class. The Baseball Hall of Fame, for example, has higher voting standards where a lot of players need a few times to be elected. The integrity of the voters for both Halls are questionable to begin with.
i didn't know Thomas hadn't gone yet !  That is a bit sad.   Whats scary is Broderick Thomas may go before the late Derrick goes!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 09:52:19 AM »
i didn't know Thomas hadn't gone yet !  That is a bit sad.   Whats scary is Broderick Thomas may go before the late Derrick goes!

Derrick Thomas was elected in to the Hall last year, dude. That was the point of my argument. (That maybe he shouldn't have been elected in)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
All seems right with the world when football season starts.   :)

Except for that blasted NFL Network.  I hope their satellite blows up.   >:(

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »
Derrick Thomas was elected in to the Hall last year, dude. That was the point of my argument. (That maybe he shouldn't have been elected in)
Oh really   ?    Why not    I think he was one of the best defensive players  during his time.    I never really followed him of the CHiefs but heard he was a great player.   

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »

Well there are some great players from the 80's overlooked. Many Dallas fans argue for Pearson    but Redskin fans aren't crying and Riggins, Theisman , and others have still not gone.  So   its one of those things  you just take for what its worth.   But the last 10 yrs  we'vehd some great guys   who will automatically get to go in in their 5 yr retirement...it is what it is!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 04:37:32 PM »
Oh really   ?    Why not    I think he was one of the best defensive players  during his time.    I never really followed him of the CHiefs but heard he was a great player.  

Great player, no doubt. Admittedly, as a youngster, I was a big fan of Kansas City during D. Thomas' prime years. But I don't think his career and body of work is Hall-worthy.

But that's what I mean....too many players get inducted each year. Sure, there have been plenty of tremendous players to play in the NFL over the years. But there should be a higher exclusive class to make the Hall of Fame. But what do I know? It all comes down to the opinions of less than qualified voters, in my opinion.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »
Great player, no doubt. Admittedly, as a youngster, I was a big fan of Kansas City during D. Thomas' prime years. But I don't think his career and body of work is Hall-worthy.
I think the Chiefs may have requested it.  But I think Ed TOO TALL was better   yet he still has to wait........but they are putting Charles Haley in next yr!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V

newmom

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 08:29:43 AM »
Good ol emmit smith..COWBOYSSSSSSS

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 08:52:56 AM »
Good ol emmit smith..COWBOYSSSSSSS
They are washed up Panthers will crush them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 10:15:25 AM »
They are washed up Panthers will crush them.
texans will make them look like little girls  ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »
I think the Texans will have a good team this year.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 06:23:01 PM »
Cowboys look slow tonight reg.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »
Cowboys look slow tonight reg.
The injury to their 2nd   3rd TE   really messed the game up.    Plus the Bengals were not really trying to win!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
Even if,   who will care?    The Texans are no body but THAT OTHER PRO TEAM IN HOUSTON!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
Even if,   who will care?    The Texans are no body but THAT OTHER PRO TEAM IN HOUSTON!
LOL hahah just know that after this season the Texans will have won every single game they have played against the cowgirls... ;)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
LOL hahah just know that after this season the Texans will have won every single game they have played against the cowgirls... ;)
And?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 11:29:45 AM »
Who are the Texans?    :-\