Author Topic: vascularity question  (Read 870 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
vascularity question
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
Is increased vascularity always a sign of lower bodyfat %, or can veins actually grow larger making them move visible regardless of body fat percentage?
S

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: vascularity question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:53:53 PM »
Is increased vascularity always a sign of lower bodyfat %, or can veins actually grow larger making them move visible regardless of body fat percentage?
EQ, and EPO....

bench

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 03:35:55 PM »

Both, neither, and it depends.

First and foremost, vascularity is going to be defined by genetic predisposition.  Those with less of a predisposition will only see increased vascularity at lower bodyfats.  Those with more of a predisposition will see it at higher bodyfats (i.e., hazbin would probably have visible veins at 30%bf).  Then, other factors come into play too.  The more muscle you have, the more vein space is needed to feed the muscle, so they will increase in size.  Drugs causing higher hematocrit will also increase the size.  Then little things like sugar will also contribute to their appearance.  Too many factors to point to any single one other than genetics.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »

First and foremost, vascularity is going to be defined by genetic predisposition.  Those with less of a predisposition will only see increased vascularity at lower bodyfats.  Those with more of a predisposition will see it at higher bodyfats (i.e., hazbin would probably have visible veins at 30%bf).  Then, other factors come into play too.  The more muscle you have, the more vein space is needed to feed the muscle, so they will increase in size.  Drugs causing higher hematocrit will also increase the size.  Then little things like sugar will also contribute to their appearance.  Too many factors to point to any single one other than genetics.

OK, THANKS!

I'm slowly becoming more and more vasular, and I wasn't sure whether or not that was an accurate measure of my bodyfat percentage dropping or not.
S

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 03:39:36 PM »

First and foremost, vascularity is going to be defined by genetic predisposition.  Those with less of a predisposition will only see increased vascularity at lower bodyfats.  Those with more of a predisposition will see it at higher bodyfats (i.e., hazbin would probably have visible veins at 30%bf).  Then, other factors come into play too.  The more muscle you have, the more vein space is needed to feed the muscle, so they will increase in size.  Drugs causing higher hematocrit will also increase the size.  Then little things like sugar will also contribute to their appearance.  Too many factors to point to any single one other than genetics.

this^