Author Topic: STRONGEST Set ever?  (Read 4778 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: STRONGEST Set ever?
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »
Easily a 100 to 150 pounds it rebounds you out of the hole like a bench shirt or squat suit.

i don't see how a deadlift suit help by 100-150lbs. no way. i have used one it put 40lbs on my deadlift at my last meet. now a bench shirt does for sure..if you know how to use it. i have seen guys put 200- 300lbs on with a bench shirt personally
irongearco.com

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 02:17:18 AM »
so why not just make the suit llift it for you

good point
initally I was impressed now ... Meh
if he had ditched the suit and done 800 fir a few reps that would have been more impressive
but clearly still a super strong guy ... The way he rested 800 on his knees :o
choice is an illusion

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 04:30:28 AM »
savickas had some injurie and health problems for the last two years, otherwise i think he would have won the A again

he has more natural strenght than anybody else for sure

(poundstone ist a bit purple in his face for me to be considered as naturally strong)

but i like poundstone s intensity - "lift it or die"

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
i don't see how a deadlift suit help by 100-150lbs. no way. i have used one it put 40lbs on my deadlift at my last meet. now a bench shirt does for sure..if you know how to use it. i have seen guys put 200- 300lbs on with a bench shirt personally

Well I just talked to a guy at Westside this morning who has used the same suit and he said easily a 100 pounds!!! So like I said taking nothing away from the lift casue I lift assisted but it was an assisted lift :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 09:22:13 AM »
Well I just talked to a guy at Westside this morning who has used the same suit and he said easily a 100 pounds!!! So like I said taking nothing away from the lift casue I lift assisted but it was an assisted lift :)
I was always under the impression you don't use a suit for multiple rep sets?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
Maybe he should try and work himself up to 900 +lbs and get an olympia type physique like this

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »
I was always under the impression you don't use a suit for multiple rep sets?

You can do as many reps as you want, but it is uncomfortable as hell. lol. I think that's why reps are generally limited in the equipment. Most I hit in equipment is three. Hit the occasional triple in the shirt and at the moment I'm on doubles in the squat.