Author Topic: Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?  (Read 66804 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Michelle Obama - this is what you call a "First Lady" ?
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:49:51 PM »
 ;D

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
Re: Michelle Obama - "Modern Day Marie Antoinette"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
she learned by watching Nancy Reagan.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:26:28 PM »
Did she really spend $375k on a vacation? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:55:39 AM »

they were going to stay here but tom didn't leave the light on for them ;D

and i guess they could have flown southwest airlines because the luggage is free

[/youtube]

and i guess they really don't need secret service they could just hire this guy when she gets kidnapped

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »
Michelle nor Obama are doing anything any different than any former president of america or any leader and his wife in any other country on any continent on the planet earth. Why are some of you acting as though this is new? Be it Marie Antoinette or Evita Peron  or Nancy Reagan of Michelle Obama etc etc...NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

3 so far you and these perpetual mind numbing comments about how you hate Obama and want a new president/administration...know this...NOTHING will change regardless of who is in the whitehouse. The analogy that I can give is the plan for america is like a train on railroad tracks...you can change conductors a million times, but the train will continue to follow the same tracks. You lack all understanding of your government and those who control it...you are very much like Bob, screaming endlessly to the wind all the while having ZERO effect on what is happening. It should be clear to you and any and everyone else by now that america has reached it end and it is slowly being ALLOWED to FAIL. Like I have said before, no empire lasts forever...not even america. The most you can do now is hold on and try to survive the ride...
C

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:36:28 AM »
Did she really spend $375k on a vacation? 
yes.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »
The economy's fine. Let's fucking PARTY!  ::)

How disgraceful. I notice that the Obamas have yet to take a vacation to the Gulf coast.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »
The economy's fine. Let's fucking PARTY!  ::)

How disgraceful. I notice that the Obamas have yet to take a vacation to the Gulf coast.

the gulf coast; in August?  you know how hot, muggy, and humid that would be?  no way!
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
You lack all understanding of your government and those who control it...

Good thing we have a failure like you to keep us informed on these matters.  Have you published your treatise yet on how the laws of physics on Jupiter differ between the laws of physics on Saturn and Earth?  I'd very much like to read it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »

Good thing we have a failure like you to keep us informed on these matters.  Have you published your treatise yet on how the laws of physics on Jupiter differ between the laws of physics on Saturn and Earth?  I'd very much like to read it.

Is that in the same universe where a jet plane crashed into the empire state building?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »

;D

She reads Sorcha Faal so she's clearly more "in the know" than the rest of us peons.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »

First off I would be a little surprised to see you read anything other than Dick and Jane, so physics on earth let alone in space is far beyond your kin; second my next treatise will be on the irrational and psychologically disturbed brain. You mind if I add you in the book as an example since you fit so well into the category? Nothing like a living example of something only theorized.
C

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
If we had another sun, lets say where Jupiter or Saturn is, then it could symbolize the second Marie Antoinette here on earth. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
Is that in the same universe where a jet plane crashed into the empire state building?

YES...The very same universe where a JET crashed into the Empire State Building, punched a hole in it, set fire to it, killed people in it and yet it is still standing...AMAZING!!!!!
C

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 06:16:01 AM »
yes, please, let's keep the focus on Obama; since he is not running for election this year.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 06:18:34 AM »
None of this would be annoying if this skank didnt keep telling the rest of us to sacrifice,and what to do with our careers,our food consumption,what to give to charrity when,until this year,they gave less then 1% of their income to charrity.The same women who went to a food bank wearing 500 dollar sneakers.I dont care if she spends a million on a vacation,just dont dictate to me what my kid should eat and what Im expected to give or sacrifice when she doesnt lift a black finger to help anyone but herself.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 06:28:13 AM »
John Phillip Sousa March?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »
YES...The very same universe where a JET crashed into the Empire State Building, punched a hole in it, set fire to it, killed people in it and yet it is still standing...AMAZING!!!!!

Show me where a jet plane crashed into the empire state building.  Maybe you can find way to post a link that will take us to your universe.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
http://www.theage.com.au/world/while-obama-preaches-sacrifice-his-family-frolics-in-spain-20100807-11pd2.html

70 people in the Security Detail alone!

I bet this trip is well over a million at this point. 

The question is, did other first ladies do this?

If the answer is yes, then the story is worthless. 

As far as the security detail that seems normal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:47 AM »
The question is, did other first ladies do this?

If the answer is yes, then the story is worthless. 

As far as the security detail that seems normal.

The issue is the hypocrisy of MoBacca telling us all to sacrifice, use less energy for the planet, to pay more, to consume less, to visit the Gulf for vacations, to take low paid charity jobs, etc, all while she is using more resources on one gaudy trip alone than every poster here could in 10 lifetimes. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »
Show me where a jet plane crashed into the empire state building.  Maybe you can find way to post a link that will take us to your universe.

it wasn't a jet it was a b 25 bomber

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 09:16:57 AM »
it wasn't a jet it was a b 25 bomber

I know that, thanks.  In Sammy's universe a jet plane hit it. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »
www.theatlantic.com

Megan McArdle - Megan McArdle is the business and economics editor for The Atlantic. She has worked at three start-ups, a consulting firm, an investment bank, a disaster recovery firm at Ground Zero, and the Economist.

Bio | All Posts
Megan McArdle was born and raised on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, and yes, she does enjoy her lattes, as well as the occasional extra dry skim milk cappuccino. Her checkered work history includes three start-ups, four years as a technology project manager for a boutique consulting firm, a summer as an associate at an investment bank, and a year spent as sort of an executive copy girl for one of the disaster recovery firms at Ground Zero . . . all before the age of 30.

While working at Ground Zero, she started Live from the WTC, a blog focused on economics, business, and cooking. She may or may not have been the first major economics blogger, depending on whether we are allowed to throw outlying variables such as Brad Delong out of the set. From there it was but a few steps down the slippery slope to freelance journalism. For the past four years she has worked in various capacities for The Economist, where she wrote about economics and oversaw the founding of Free Exchange, the magazine's economics blog. She has also maintained her own blog, Asymmetrical Information, which moved to the Atlantic Monthly, along with its owner, in August 2007.

Megan holds a bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MBA from the University of Chicago. After a lifetime as a New Yorker, she now resides in northwest Washington DC, where she is still trying to figure out what one does with an apartment larger than 400 square feet.  Share  « Previous McArdle | Next McArdle »   Email  Print 
What Was Michelle Obama Thinking?
Aug 7 2010, 3:18 PM ET |  Comment

________________________ ________________________ ___________

I don't think there's anything wrong with Michelle Obama vacationing in Spain; they have the money, so why not?  But I agree with Doug Mataconis that, while there's nothing actually wrong with it, it's really quite unbelievably politically stupid.  When we're in the middle of the worst recession in living memory, it's not a good idea to take a luxury vacation that most of your countrymen could never possibly afford in the best of times, at considerable taxpayer expense for the security, in a foreign country.  Whether or not people should resent it, they will, and his party's already in big enough trouble without reinforcing the Red State sense that this administration is full of out-of-touch elites.  I'm astonished that Obama's advisors gave this trip the green light.

Yes, yes, I know--mean Republicans would make hay out of a vacation no matter where it was.  Probably so.  But no one would be much interested in those charges, while this does seem to have some grip.  And while characters in novels may improve their lives immeasurably when they learn to stop worrying about what other people think and just be true to themselves, this is not a life path that is open to political figures.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »
I know that, thanks.  In Sammy's universe a jet plane hit it. 

Didn't I post that same video and others as well as articles many times for you idiot? The point in the original thread about this issue was the Empire State Building... a building substantially smaller than the World Trade was struck by a plane, had a immense fire, killed a number of people, caused the elevators to crash to ground floor due to severed cables and yet it is still standing. The Empire State building was designed to absorb an impact of a 10 ton aircraft. The military jet (not the commercial airliner you keep suggesting) weighed an estimated between 10 and 15 tons...yet the building is still standing. The 737 COMMERCIAL AIRLINER that crashed into the WTC weighed 75 tons which is only a little heavier and larger than the 707 the building was designed for MULTIPLE IMPACTS AGAINST....yet it neatly fell to the ground in its own footprints, in exactly 30 foot segments which just so happen to be the length of the trucks flat beds that carried away the debris...how convenient.

Nawww... this was not a controlled demolition (even though the company CONTROLLED DEMOLITION were the ones who cleaned up the debris) it was just a coincidence byway of a 6 foot 5 inch tall Saudi guy name Osama  operating out of a cave in Pakistan  who was a CIA agent who has been dead for about six years now.
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 12:40:21 PM »
Didn't I post that same video and others as well as articles many times for you idiot? The point in the original thread about this issue was the Empire State Building... a building substantially smaller than the World Trade was struck by a plane, had a immense fire, killed a number of people, caused the elevators to crash to ground floor due to severed cables and yet it is still standing. The Empire State building was designed to absorb an impact of a 10 ton aircraft. The military jet (not the commercial airliner you keep suggesting) weighed an estimated between 10 and 15 tons...yet the building is still standing. The 737 COMMERCIAL AIRLINER that crashed into the WTC weighed 75 tons which is only a little heavier and larger than the 707 the building was designed for MULTIPLE IMPACTS AGAINST....yet it neatly fell to the ground in its own footprints, in exactly 30 foot segments which just so happen to be the length of the trucks flat beds that carried away the debris...how convenient.

Nawww... this was not a controlled demolition (even though the company CONTROLLED DEMOLITION were the ones who cleaned up the debris) it was just a coincidence byway of a 6 foot 5 inch tall Saudi guy name Osama  operating out of a cave in Pakistan  who was a CIA agent who has been dead for about six years now.

Empire State Building is mostly concrete, old school style. 

I see it daily and its still standing.  King kong couldnt even down that bitch.  Guess what, before the crazxies took over everything, that was built in little over a year.