Author Topic: Obama: "GOP has spent the last 20 months campaigning"  (Read 2386 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama: "GOP has spent the last 20 months campaigning"
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:43:30 PM »

Political Punch
Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper

Political coverage and musings on pop culture from ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper and the ABC News White House team.

Obama Says the GOP Has “Spent the Last 20 Months Politicking”
August 09, 2010 3:27 PM

www.abcnews.com

________________________ ________________________ ____________

Hitting the campaign-cash trail again today, President Obama in Austin, Texas today opened up a string of attacks against the Republicans, painting them as a party that lacks seriousness and ideas due to only looking forward to the next election.

“There has been a fundamental lack of seriousness on the other side,” Obama said to a crowd at the Four Seasons hotel in Austin, “We've spent the last 20 months governing, they have spent the last 20 months politicking."

The president – who has been out on the stump raising cash and throwing his support behind local candidates increasingly – says that well he can politick with the best of them for the next three months leading up to midterm elections. “They forgot I'm pretty good at politicking,” he quipped with a smile.

The event for the DNC raised approximately between $750,000 $1,000,000. with over 200 local supporters purchasing tickets beginning at $5,000 per couple.  The DNC will be moving $250,000 to the Texas Democratic Party as result of the event as well. The president painted the picture of a country back on the right track – but with still more work to do.

“Do we want to go back?” Obama asked the crowd this time without mentioning his predecessor by name, “The last thing we can afford to do is go back to the same policies that got us in this mess.”

Mr. Obama said some in the Republican Party are saying that he just wants to bash the previous administration to take the focus off the still tough economic situation on his own watch. Today Mr. Obama rebutted, “the reason we are focused on it is because the other side isn’t offering anything new.”

“The choice in this election is to go back or continue with the policies that are getting us out of this mess,” Obama said, “You did not elect me to think about how I could get reelected.”

The president said that it’s good to be back in Texas and that he especially loves Austin – for the food and music.  "I like that there are a bunch of Democrats here. I like that too.”

The president has a second closed-door fundraiser this evening in Dallas, at a private residence.

- Sunlen Miller

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/08/obama-says-the-gop-have-spent-the-last-20-months-politicking.html

________________________ ________________________ ___________________

Ha ha  .  Unreal. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama: "GOP has spent the last 20 months campaigning"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:43:12 PM »
Oh brother.  He never left the campaign trail. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »
The president – who has been out on the stump raising cash and throwing his support behind local candidates increasingly – says that well he can politick with the best of them for the next three months leading up to midterm elections. “They forgot I'm pretty good at politicking,” he quipped with a smile.

________________________ ________________________ _____________

No shit moron - giving speeches is about the only thing this fool can do. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »
I don't think ABO is going to fly come election time.  The Republicans need to start grooming a serious candidate like Thune - and soon.  And that candidate needs to start smartly campaigning and fund raising now.

Mons Venus

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

________________________ ________________________ _____________

No shit moron - giving speeches is about the only thing this fool can do

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:07:11 PM »
I don't think ABO is going to fly come election time.  The Republicans need to start grooming a serious candidate like Thune - and soon.  And that candidate needs to start smartly campaigning and fund raising now.

They not only need a candidate, they need a message. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »

I'm telling you, Thune should be the guy.  He can get the fiscal cons, social cons, 2nd amend cons, etc. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 03:10:59 PM »
I'm telling you, Thune should be the guy.  He can get the fiscal cons, social cons, 2nd amend cons, etc. 

Getting conservative votes won't be the problem for the Republican nominee.  It's independents and Reagan Democrats. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »

Absolutely, and I think that's one of the things Steele is failing miserably in.  He should be setting the tone, providing cohesion, challenging the Republicans to put up alternative bills and ideas.  Alas, he just doesn't seem to be cut out for his leadership position.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 03:20:05 PM »

Absolutely, and I think that's one of the things Steele is failing miserably in.  He should be setting the tone, providing cohesion, challenging the Republicans to put up alternative bills and ideas.  Alas, he just doesn't seem to be cut out for his leadership position.

Is it him or the entire party?  I don't really hear anyone with a cohesive message.  What they need is something like the platform the Tea Party put together, the 90s Contract With America, etc. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
Is it him or the entire party?  I don't really hear anyone with a cohesive message.  What they need is something like the platform the Tea Party put together, the 90s Contract With America, etc. 

Perhaps it is.  But as the leader, he should be held accountable for developing that message and grooming viable candidates.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »

Perhaps it is.  But as the leader, he should be held accountable for developing that message and grooming viable candidates.

True.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »
Wow - check this out -

Obama getting seriously attacked at Reuters. 

http://www.reuters.com/article/comments/idUSN0910217920100809

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 06:18:01 AM »
Obamas words and his "politicking" are useles.Two years ago when he would make a comment like "you cant have the keys to the car back,you cant drive",it was amusing,fresh and unique.Now it just sounds like a bitter community organiser getting his talking points from Rev. Wright.There is no magic left with him,his words are stale,his style is old,he is no longer unique.He just sounds like an angry black guy.His politicking is so unpopular that the only place dem candidates want him is in Cali.,Detroit and Chicago,he is shunned everywhere else.He is old news.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 06:34:33 AM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That is funny. What is even funnier is that you keep bringing this fool up who is not even in office anymore, but you are not the least bit concerned about the moron who is presently in the White House.  That is funnier. To try to make it seem like Obama isn't an idiot just because Bush was at times.

Bush is not in power anymore. Obama is and so far he has made Bush look like Einstein.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »
DeMint: It's been four years since Bush was responsible for economic policy
The Hill ^ | 8/10/10 | Mike Obrien

Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:29:09 PM by pissant

It's been four years since President George W. Bush could be held responsible for the nation's economy, Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) said Monday evening.

DeMint dismissed a key part of Democrats' midterm messaging — warning voters against a return to Bush-era policies — reasoning that Democrats have been controlling U.S. economic policies during the past four years in which they've controlled Congress.

"The president [Obama] keeps saying he inherited this, but the fact is that it's been four years since President Bush had anything to do with economic policy," DeMint said during an appearance on WVOC radio in South Carolina.

The South Carolina conservative sought to rebut an argument advanced by Democrats from President Obama on down in recent months: Returning Republicans to power in Congress would mean a return to some of the policies voters found less popular during the Bush administration.

"The policies that crashed the economy, that undercut the middle class, that mortgaged our future, do we really want to go back to that, or do we keep moving our country forward?" Obama said Monday at a Democratic fundraiser, part of a sustained effort to hammer away at Bush.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...